What a weird spring

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello,

I'm hoping some of you tools would stop making me apprehensive, wary and frightened. Many thanks!

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Technically it's still winter.

I like it.

1966. Blizzard of the century. It was an El Niño year.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be nice to have a decent summer for once, getting tired of the last 4-5 years of cold below average temp and overly windy summers.
But hey in a bit over two weeks we lose an hour of sleep and go back on railroad time.......................................

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very strange winter indeed. Nice though I must say. Spring is either going to be mighty interesting, or summers a coming early. Seems awfully dry out there, farmers could prolly use a good wet March I'm assuming. Look around out in the country, all the water holes/sloughs are history. The wet cycle has come n gone now we're high and dry. What's the farmers perspective? We need moisture don't we? You guys seeing something different that I am? Maybe I'm crazy.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Average age of those birds is gonna be in the double digits. Like every year. What's ur point?

apologize for the idiot comment,

bad day or you always mad?

you wont see me in a spread in feb I guess was my point, sorry if I offended you with my inferior commens o great one

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not a weird winter. Its a strong el nino. Just as predicted warmer than normal winter and cooler than normal April, May and beginning June.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not a weird winter. Its a strong el nino. Just as predicted warmer than normal winter and cooler than normal April, May and beginning June.

not according to NOAA ---April may june above normal --- all summer for that matter.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't care much about blizzards. The critters can manage them alright and the snow blower and shovel are still operational. It's those damnable ice storms that coat everything in a half inch of ice that have me worried. We have had such a nice mild winter and the pheasants, deer, and other critters are doing just fine so far. We get one of them ice dumpers to roll in and the tables will turn so fast the stain and varnish will melt. Here's to crossing my fingers that we hit May without any bumps in the road.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could forecast that I'm going to shoot bottle rockets out of my butt! Just because I forecasted it doesn't mean it's not weird!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
72 in February and we still have an hour or two to warm yet! Damn it feels nice out there and I can almost guarantee that on Monday when it's 29 for a high we're all going to act like a bunch of pussies because we're not used to the cold anymore.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha - I am SO much also a believer in this theory

it has some support in reality IMO - usually the very cold air blob over the Arctic "wanders" from side to side. I bet russia has had a cold SOB for a winter so far? it's been locked on "the other side" but will dislodge around March and settle in on our side to "punish us"

no nice spring (from winter right to summer) - all because we were enjoying a mild winter

30-40s, windy, low-rolling cumulus days - never letting up all through March-June :cool:

I just wanted to apologize for my bringing the curse of the cold prairie winds upon us last Feb 25th. ;:;banghead

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33