What are you listening to these days?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did a good job on this video as a tribute.

When I was stationed at Myrtle Beach me and this other dude broke a rock dj down to play this on a rock station while posted at opposite gates. The guy got in trouble--bullshit. The vocals and guitar are haunting and there's absolutely no reason a fucking cookie cutter rock station; which plays The Eagles, Gerry Rafferty, Toto and Boz Scaggs can't play this tune. Bullshit. It doesn't make them "Deep Tracks" on XM.

Possibly the best guitar solo ever recorded. The vocals and guitar effectively cause me to endure the saxophone:

Perhaps the best back beat ever:

Same drummer (Jeff Porcaro--again ignoring the giant kazoo. In truth haven't heard this on a "true" rock station in years) :

IMHO: It requires major talent to pull off a good shuffle on the kit. There is a slight debate posed by Ginger Baker whether John Bonham could pull it off. I haven't listened to any GB jazz only Cream and Blind Faith. I've never heard GB shuffle. Another argument for "The Wreck Of the Edmund Fitzgerald" to be inserted in cookie cutter rock radio:

Bonus and that is all:

Bonus bonus and that is really all:

If I owned a rock station this would be included just for the skill and the memory I have of a senior chick flitting across the school parking lot to a boom box when I was a sophomore. Holy shit, I wish I could implant this vision, memory and emotional pubescent attack in y'all's brain. She still needs a spanking. This beat (Porcaro again) is debated on correct presentation:

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new Five Finger Death Punch, the whole thing.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
Any music thats old. Grew up on classic country. Lots of 80s and 70s music. Nothing new.

History Audio Books - I pick a central figure I knew nothing about and look for a book. Did Charlemagne, Temujin, Alexander the Great, and currently on Robespierre.

Podcasts mainly from the Mises Institute, Libertarian Institute, and Roman History. Not a Rogan listener but I do respect him. Zero cable news.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks! I used to play Xanadu on my guitar 40 years ago...not quite as many notes tho haha...buddy had a Rick bass, it was fun playing Cygnis X1 together....
You can freaking play CYGNIS X1?!!!!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
For anyone slightly curious. Warning: It's like a shot of Wild Turkey with a Jagermeister chaser:

NodakBob

Honored Member
You can freaking play CYGNIS X1?!!!!
Well back then I didn't have the skill or wah & other effects pedals to replicate that screaming solo near the end...but the rest is mostly memorizing wacky rhythms...probably could have spent my time on something more productive. nowdays too much arthritis and weaker hands cant handle the chugging of playing those kindof tunes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82