What do you do when not hunting/fishing?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
What do you do when not hunting/fishing?

For me:

Rec basketball, garden, family time, work, work on NDA

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I have a house now, so I'll be working on finishing the garage, lower level, deck, etc....

Dabble with woodworking, taxidermy, some travelling - not as much as she would like though. No kids but do have a niece and nephew but they live by the twin cities so I don't get to see them much. 3 to 4 times a year roughly.

I do have my mustang but haven't done much for modifications to it. Part of me wants to leave it as is since it is a limited production, the other part of me would like to mod it.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I'm not hunting or fishing I'm either working on my "next big thing" or I'm working on other websites, or I'm with my kid. I may be out hacking around at a golf course, usually I'm on the virtual felt playing some poker, I love me some poker and tend to play quite a bit online.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me its relaxing with the family or sometimes you can find me in my back garage working on this FB_IMG_1423107460660.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have a buddy in Surrey that has that same exact pickup. Color and all.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have 2 widows with houses to take care of (wife's mom and mine), along with our own... all 3 are older houses with long "to do" lists... also love to build things out of steel when i have time...

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was a 72. I can tell years by the grill. mine is a 71. Only difference is the grill insert. The body lines, engines, cab. everything else is the same. Was my 1st vehicle. Plan on building up a wicked engine for it one day. but the truck budget is part of fishing budget so most of my fun money goes into fishing for right now. plus pulling on wrenches 12 hours a day really kills my want to wrench on my toys at home

Last edited:

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
catching, collecting, raising, buying, selling, educating, breeding, training, photographing reptiles.

also some fish taxidermy and automotive painting

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the summer months I'm coaching tee ball. Winter time skinning and fleshing coyotes.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently sold my business and semi retired and plan to spend more time with our kids and grand kids. I farm a few acres, plant a garden and collect and restore old farm tractors and implements. I recently restored an early 80s 28' Sea Ray cabin cruiser, We plan to spend a lot of time on the water with our grand kids and teach them how to fish.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mostly I work but in my spare time I like woodworking, sporting clays, outdoor photography, playing guitar/banjo, working on old cars, stargazing, making para-cord bullwhips, wondering if bigfoot is real, etc.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently sold my business and semi retired and plan to spend more time with our kids and grand kids. I farm a few acres, plant a garden and collect and restore old farm tractors and implements. I recently restored an early 80s 28' Sea Ray cabin cruiser, We plan to spend a lot of time on the water with our grand kids and teach them how to fish.

what kind of paint do you use on the tractors & other restoration jobs.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
going to kids sports and working on finishing the new house. Once i get the reloading room done i will get back to doing that a whole lot more and alot of shooting this summer

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Create wildlife habitat, plant trees, mow the lawn, mess with chickens, garden a bit, go on missions, annoy my wife, and I just added the making of my own snares and extensions for taking some more coyotes.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I teach school, and I coach wrestling, HS and Elementary. The coaching takes A LOT of my time as the tournaments are every Saturday, from end of Nov. to April. I catch up on grading and lessons on Sunday, and then watch the NFL. Made $220 last year spread betting :) I try to get all my hunting in by mid November, but as I get older I hunt less hours. Like to fish more. Summers I will do yard work and play with the dogs. Swim and ride the 4-wheeler around the shores of Oahe, and walk the beaches...when not fishing. Trap chubs, minnows, and night crawler hunting when it rains.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think about the things I would like to be doing like fishing, hunting, tinkering, welding, woodworking, etc. Then I think about the things I should be doing, working, fixing, cleaning, sleeping, etc. Then I get depressed, drink, and get on the internet:rolleyes:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
With 4 kids and a couple grandkids, we spend a lot of time at little league, softball, basketball, volleyball, and scouts

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76