What do you do?

Toby3

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
just wondering what everyone does for a job i know this has been discussed on the other website but i see alot of the same guys here. me i am a retired farmer farmed around the fargo/moorhead area for the last 30 years after i took over my fathers farm as a young adult. i have 2 boys that are 37 and 34. i have been married to my wife for 40 years.

jim

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prepare Premium Tax returns and do the accounting side of things for a life insurance company.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a production manager at Harriston Industries, we manufacture potato equipment and sell all over the place, we also have a smaller store just for mostly sales out in Idaho, which works really well for elk hunting tri...... i mean business trips.... worked here on and off my whole life when they have needed help during busy times as it is in my home town, then went to college and came back to a desk job. been here full time for over 3 years now. dad is general manager and my brother came back to work here as a mechanical engineer

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
In a half dozen years, we will be in your situation also. We are talking about spending summers at our lake lot and then heading south for the winters maybe being campground hosts in florida somewhere.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Environmental scientist.

Ditto, with a focus on applying direct-push delivered laser-induced fluorescence spetroscopy to accomplish cost effective delineation of subsurface non-aqueous phase liquid contamination. ;)

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm an accountant for an energy company and I prepare tax returns on the side for fun money.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ditto, with a focus on applying direct-push delivered laser-induced fluorescence spetroscopy to accomplish cost effective delineation of subsurface non-aqueous phase liquid contamination. ;)

Is that designed for petroleum products or can you find delineate other things like fertilizer and brine water spills?

I am thinking a magnetometer might help me with brine water spills because the salt changes the soil structure and the magnetometer should pick up the density change.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a partner in an investment group that buys any kind of business or property we feel we can turn a profit on.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I work for an Engineering and Manufacturing company that is 1/2 ag and 1/2 aviation. I am on the aviation side as their certification engineer.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I market gas on the wholesale level. Mainly propane via tankers, rail and pipeline.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that designed for petroleum products or can you find delineate other things like fertilizer and brine water spills?

I am thinking a magnetometer might help me with brine water spills because the salt changes the soil structure and the magnetometer should pick up the density change.

Creosote, coal tars, chlorinated solvents and other soil properties with geotechnical sensors that are "along for the ride".

Electrical conductivity logging (cheap/easy) would determine salinity, but not soil density itself (EC would measure the cause but not the affect).

let's visit next week on the phone so as not to derail thread anymore than we have

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76