What do you make to eat for hunting?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always put on a fish fry every year at our family "deer camp". Spaghetti, lasagna, beef or pork roasts in the slow cooker, mid to late morning breakfast sausage, eggs, toast........these are the essentials.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You fellers are killing me!! Best treat I ever took along was Scotch eggs. I prefer the sausage version.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tangy summer sausage, and pepper jack cheese will take a guy to the end game. Satisfaction guarantee.

I also package a bunch of smoked goodies.

This will help you make it easy and revitalized, snack on dudes

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of you eat your sammiches on Hawaiian Sweet Dinner rolls? :;:rockit;:;boozer

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
How has no one mentioned copious amounts of Snickers?!!

Back in the Day; back in the Hills; Mom always made me extremely thick PBJ sandwiches, a thermos of hot chocolate, a few "fun size" Snickers and freaking TWO Hostess Fruit Pies: Heaven. Could never eat a proper breakfast due to excitement and was famished the minute Dad got me set. Ate like a fiend as the woods lit up and saw nothing but chickadees. Always jumped out of my skin when Dad touched off the Mod 37 on the other side of the point.

Shotguns are much louder in the Hills.

th

th

th

th

Last edited:

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy cheese, summar sausage and crackers have always been a staple snack for deer hunting for our group. For dinner it's usually burgers, steaks, chili, and potatoes in tin foil with onions and whatever else is on hand (peppers, mushrooms, etc.). Homemade Chex mix is also a yearly tradition

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Svn, snickers, almond joys and Hershey's with almonds are usually on board as well

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here are some suggestions based on what has worked for us in the past.

Spaghetti
Pulled pork or beef
Large pans of frozen lasagna from Sam's Club
Chilli (Shore Lunch Homestyle is a good base)
Creamed chicken tenderloins over pasta

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
th

th

- - - Updated - - -

I'd throw in the pit cardboard and all if I "knew" this could work.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Reverse sear. Season 3-4 days prior to adding heat.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry; Lots of memories--this is the proper shotgun shell for all upland. (knocking squirrels out of a hickory, beech or oak/ground balling a ruff or turkey--or not--crazy good wing shots I saw as we walked through the woods with no "purpose") I still hold this dear (Ruff was a "pheasant" as I grew up)

Always use #4's:

th

- - - Updated - -/

Last edited:

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went on a 5-day trip with my brother in the middle of nowhere and he brought some pre-made chicken dumpling soup that we just heated up on the camp stove. After a long cold day of hunting that was AMAZING and was ready to go in 10 minutes.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
For opening weekend supper this year, I'm smoking a brisket and grilling steaks. As for sandwiches it usually roast beef with horseradish cheese. Mom always makes fresh carmel rolls. I'll bring a few growlers of some IPA and October Fest that I brewed. Lots of left over Halloween candy and coke zero throughout the day.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
th

- - - Updated - - -

Dad made me with his 37.

I forget about that one. Someone says "'37" and my 1st thought is always the pump that eats and shits outta the same hole.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
premade breakfast burritos individually wrapped in tinfoil. Eat cold while glassing or warm in oven/fire/ cook top

vaccum sealed rotisserie chicken halves with mashed potatoes, gravy, and veggie. Place bag in boiling water to heat up. Open and enjoy. Each bag is it's own individual meal. - this method is our go to and can be done with just about anything. Easy to make, easy to clean up. No camp bitch required. They can even be thrown in backpack and eaten out in the field with little hassle.

premade breakfast burritos individually wrapped in tinfoil.

#thisismychoretonight

I've been making burritos and cooking for 40 years or so them on the manifold. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!!

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
We always stay at a ranch so we eat good. Beef stew heavy on the beef. Deep fried walleye and onions. Lots of snacks during the day. Healthy ones like candy bars and summer sausage and jerky.

pullmyfinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually make up a big bag of my special trail mix...Kraft caramels, peanut M&M's and candy corn

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
For opening weekend supper this year, I'm smoking a brisket and grilling steaks. As for sandwiches it usually roast beef with horseradish cheese. Mom always makes fresh carmel rolls. I'll bring a few growlers of some IPA and October Fest that I brewed. Lots of left over Halloween candy and coke zero throughout the day.

Auggie, do you need a hunting partner, or even just a driver? I could eat me some of that stuff!!:;:thumbsup

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12