When can a guy start fishing Refuge water Alice and Silver

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see the law is passed opening them up along with others ---- then I see Ahab posting a couple monsters on FB. Does it open immediately?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard he came to Sak and those are just the typical 15 inchers. He is just trying out a new Ish's Boss special camera lens. :cool:

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's what I have heard........
Silver is open immediately thru September 30th. You will be able to fish Silver for open water from May 1 thru September 30th.
Lake Alice will be open for ice fishing only. You may ice fish from the hours of 5:00 AM thru 10:00 PM. You can not leave a fish house on ice overnight.

I read the press release. If I can find the link I will post it here.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.devilslakejournal.com/article/20150827/NEWS/150828972

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had heard rumors that alice was going to have a boat ramp and be fished during open water. I guess that was just a rumor.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
well there goes the neighborhood. the only reason there's any fish in devils lake is because they can hide in Lake Alice.... slots now

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my opinion this is kind of sad that we had to open up some of these refuges. I live in Devils Lake and Lake Alice for example is the lone part of the lake that does offer refuge to the fish in this system. I know the lake is big but I cant help but believe that having at least one spot like this is beneficial for the whole Devils Lake fishery. I'm sure the guides and outfitters are happy about it but it is kind of sad at least from this individual anglers point of view.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
well there goes the neighborhood. the only reason there's any fish in devils lake is because they can hide in Lake Alice.... slots now
That is one area of a huge watershed that is protected and that is a huge deal. I guess i dont understand how you can be so obtuse concerning protecting a fishery.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nodak Angler get together on Alice first ice. I'm in:;:smokin

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is one area of a huge watershed that is protected and that is a huge deal. I guess i dont understand how you can be so obtuse concerning protecting a fishery.

You're not a guide so you don't understand.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my opinion this is kind of sad that we had to open up some of these refuges. I live in Devils Lake and Lake Alice for example is the lone part of the lake that does offer refuge to the fish in this system. I know the lake is big but I cant help but believe that having at least one spot like this is beneficial for the whole Devils Lake fishery. I'm sure the guides and outfitters are happy about it but it is kind of sad at least from this individual anglers point of view.

I'm not sure guides will be able to go there. Does anyone know for sure? I know in general as a guide you aren't allowed to guide on federal or state lands as that's conducting a business on their property. I'm thinking it might be a rather quiet spot for fisherman as there shouldn't be any guides conducting business or taking people there.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe guides would need a special permit to go there. I don't see those being issued...hope not anyway.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't get why everyone bashes fishing guides for either catching too many fish or for not catching any at all. If you despise them that much then either follow them or fish your own spots. Thank god the hard water is not like land and the guides don't own the ice Or water.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

I really dont care all that much one way or another. I was just trolling for enslows. Besides, you know you're gonna fish there:)

2Q==

- - - Updated - - -

alton-jones-setting-hook-with-deep-crankbait-for-bass.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know is Ahab is having one hell of day on Silver ----I am guessing he has caught at least 10 over 8lbs.

He has a warden on speeddial that called him last night and said hit it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know is Ahab is having one hell of day on Silver ----I am guessing he has caught at least 10 over 8lbs.

He has a warden on speeddial that called him last night and said hit it.

Ha ha. I was nowhere near there you rumor monger.:;:stirthepot I will probably go whack a few someday, though. :;:rockit

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8HT324wro

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha shawshank redemption... Thats is where i got that from baha.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 234
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55