Where does the fish go?

Fishing701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where does all the fish from the governors cup and other bigger tournaments go after you weigh in?

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the ones that are donated during the cup go to the garrison fire department for a fish fry don't they?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wisconsin ?

Good one. Perhaps most goes to the Vang family that often gets caught over their limit at Devils Lake. They set up next to me in the campground one week-end. There must have been 15 crock pots on the picnic table, and it looked to me like the whole fish went in the pot. I hope they don't eat that last six inches of intestine.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The tourneys on Devils Lake that aren't catch and release or the ones that can't be released are cleaned by the Lake Region Anglers club. Then each fall that group with help from the Devils Lake Chamber and Tourism put on a city wide fish and corn feed. It's a pretty well attended event. Gives all the locals who don't fish or the elderly and those who can't fish a chance to enjoy the community's resource.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish the Vangs would take a few more of their favorite fish out of this lake. Less bass = more room for perch and eyes.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
The tourneys on Devils Lake that aren't catch and release or the ones that can't be released are cleaned by the Lake Region Anglers club. Then each fall that group with help from the Devils Lake Chamber and Tourism put on a city wide fish and corn feed. It's a pretty well attended event. Gives all the locals who don't fish or the elderly and those who can't fish a chance to enjoy the community's resource.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish the Vangs would take a few more of their favorite fish out of this lake. Less bass = more room for perch and eyes.

Is this a free feed or do they charge? If they charge it seems a little 'fishy' to me.....

shedwalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
At the governors cup the walleye are given to the garrison fire department. They pickle them and sell them at the Dickens Festival.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
And not a one gets cheeked. #fail

They could be. But first you'd have to volunteer to help. I'm sure no one would care if you cheeked them and took them home. Just as long as you helped clean too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8