Votes: 23 23.7%
  • no slots

Votes: 74 76.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never eaten the eggs, just find it unappealing, the thought of it even is yucky.

I ate cow tongue once, wasn't all that bad, but I was "bullied" into it.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a Tai place near my work,Every spring we bring them some panfish,in return they make us Tempera sunfish/crappie over rice noodles,fantastic,then they bring out a huge bowl of fish soup loaded with veggies,spawn sacks and fish heads,passed on the fish heads watching one guy suck the eye balls out but everything else was great.Anyone cut and fry up walleye wings?

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
No slot limits and legalize sucker minnows on Missouri River system.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
No slot limits and legalize sucker minnows on Missouri River system.
That will never happen. Since they banned them they have seen almost a complete stop to new lakes getting invaded by them and there is no way they give that up.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was done because Game and Fish was lazy. Did not want to educate or fine people using them on wrong bodies of water. They work in other states. We have many various regulations that are strictly enforced. Suckers worked for years. Rather than educate and fine people they outlawed them. I was a Sports Fishing Congress representative at the time. Sat through many forums with G&F before they outlawed them. They completely agreed that there was not a problem on Missouri River system. Lame argument that they did not want to educate or fine a farmer caught with sucker minnows on a small lake. Same argument at every meeting until they outlawed them.
Try pulling out of boat ramp area with water dripping from your boat. They will fine you and where are they educating boaters on this?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
All over the place on ANS what rock have you been under? They can educate all day long and did and still do with signs at every lake and river every regulations book in the local magazines and their website but people will still do it! What the hell do you expect them to do pull people in and give week long training classes on minnows species and the harm they can cause. They have been harping on how bad bait bucket transfers are my whole damn life and we'll before the ban on suckers. Of course suckers wont hurt the river but same holds true for DL but they cause huge problems in other bodies of water. I've never seen them yet shy away from going after someone blatantly using illegal bait so please post up specific times they did this and what further education they should have done to solve a problem that's been around as long as that bait was a option to buy at the bait store.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get sucker chubs in my traps all the time. These creeks feed right in to the MO river. I prefer creek chubs and toss suckers. I don't think they are banned in SD, buddy of mine got some over Easter. Same body of water.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
in the 80's early 90's suckers were about the only thing we used on Sakakawea jigging 80 ft saugers

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh they definitely catch fish there is no doubt about that. the problem is that guys would use them in lakes they are banned in and some would get away or be dumped and end up taking over a lake to the point the game and fish would have to come in and kill off the lake and start over. Between suckers, perch and bullheads the game and fish had to kill off lakes allot back in the 80's and 90's. Most all the litte lakes west of bismarck were killed of at least once if not multiple times back then and I quite frankly like being able to go to places like fish creek and catch fish that are a few years old and have put on some size vs being only fresh stocked fish because the lake had to be killed yet again. If a guy must have large bait go catch some creek chubs it's not that hard.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get sucker chubs in my traps all the time. These creeks feed right in to the MO river. I prefer creek chubs and toss suckers. I don't think they are banned in SD, buddy of mine got some over Easter. Same body of water.
Yeah you can use any non game fish in SD so long as it's comes from the same body of water and is not transferred in water from that body of water. Everything has to be put in tap water before leaving the lake or cleaning station or drained. Now in the hills the rules are much tighter and only chubs are legal.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
yat,our minn tribe has been netting mille lacs for culture since way before I was a seed,we get it,in 1999 that's when the supreme court ruled in favor of the 8 tribes to hunt,fish and gather for sustenance and the gloves came off,as if that's really the case here,your logic is flawed as well same spin as the natives take on a walleye taken in the summer is a dead walleye that won'y spawn in the following spring,however that walleye did spawn out in the previous spring,the natives not only kill the spawning walleyes in the spring by pillaging the spawning grounds but also the millions of what could be fry that same summer,I smell a minn native here (and not a swede)

BTW,THE 1ST 5yrs of netting after 1999 the netters had reduced limits to ease into the situation we have now 50% of the allocation,not because they are good sports and they were watched closely by both tribal enforcement and our dnr unlike years after 2004 which was like a free for all,and before you bring up "they didn't reach their quota" two things come into play,1st we have video's of the folks unloading tubs and tubs of walleye around the lake w/o being counted or weighed and 2nd (the biggy) the lake was showing signs of being fished out by 2009 which brings us to 2016,no live bait,no night fishing and no catch and keep...except for the natives and YEAH I'm pissed off!This entire issue could've and should've been defused and now its to late.

YATYAS

Founding Member
Founding Member
yat,our minn tribe has been netting mille lacs for culture since way before I was a seed,we get it,in 1999 that's when the supreme court ruled in favor of the 8 tribes to hunt,fish and gather for sustenance and the gloves came off,as if that's really the case here,your logic is flawed as well same spin as the natives take on a walleye taken in the summer is a dead walleye that won'y spawn in the following spring,however that walleye did spawn out in the previous spring,the natives not only kill the spawning walleyes in the spring by pillaging the spawning grounds but also the millions of what could be fry that same summer,I smell a minn native here (and not a swede)

BTW,THE 1ST 5yrs of netting after 1999 the netters had reduced limits to ease into the situation we have now 50% of the allocation,not because they are good sports and they were watched closely by both tribal enforcement and our dnr unlike years after 2004 which was like a free for all,and before you bring up "they didn't reach their quota" two things come into play,1st we have video's of the folks unloading tubs and tubs of walleye around the lake w/o being counted or weighed and 2nd (the biggy) the lake was showing signs of being fished out by 2009 which brings us to 2016,no live bait,no night fishing and no catch and keep...except for the natives and YEAH I'm pissed off!This entire issue could've and should've been defused and now its to late.

Good luck with your lake.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are educating on ANS. But really fine a guy leaving a ramp because water is running out. Plug was pulled and water was draining. They are fining people leaving boat ramps on the river south of Bismarck. I have 4 large livewells, baitwells and a built in cooler. All of them drained at boat ramp, yet they will still drip water going down the highway. Not denying ANS problem. Dripping water down highway is not a problem.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are educating on ANS. But really fine a guy leaving a ramp because water is running out. Plug was pulled and water was draining. They are fining people leaving boat ramps on the river south of Bismarck. I have 4 large livewells, baitwells and a built in cooler. All of them drained at boat ramp, yet they will still drip water going down the highway. Not denying ANS problem. Dripping water down highway is not a problem.

says this over ==== slower for us that have been working day and night. Did you get busted going down the highway with the water dripping?

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
No I didn't, an acquaintance did though, $100. My fear is that they will fine for any drips while traveling. If it had been me? I would have fought it in court and publicized it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 232
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 55