Who makes good brats in Bismarck area?

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want some premium tasting ones for this weekend.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
3be meats is the place to go for brats. They have many different flavors to choose from.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pretty much love any brat, but butcher block is always good. That new place on main (3BE i think) has a good selection of specialty brats as well

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had quite a few things from 3BE and all have been great. I haven't actually been in there, but i hear they have a good selection of brats including some really weird ones.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
had cheddar brats from 3Be for lunch yesterday. Second to none in my opinion. The beef sticks and pork country style sausage is worth a try too.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone tried 3Be jerky?

I have tried the brats and country style sausage and both were great.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get my deer processed at West Dakota Meats. They do an excellent job with jerky, summer sausage, burger, etc. I did have jalapeno-cheddar brats made out of my daughters youth deer. They taste good, but the casing is so tough... it makes the brat feel rubbery.

Is the tough casing common for brats? This is the only thing that I have been disappointed in at West Dakota.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone tried 3Be jerky?

I have tried the brats and country style sausage and both were great.

Their chipotle jerky in the case is excellent. Don't know about any processed jerky from deer, haven't had any yet.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks like I need to visit 3be for lunch again. Got my mouth watering over here. I've tried a couple different styles of their jerky sticks and none of them have missed the mark

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had 3BE process my daughters deer in September. She wanted teriyaki jerky and teriyaki sticks. Both are very good.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear 3be is the place to go around town for brats I thought their jerky was good but at 24 bucks a pound I can go buy waygu ribeye from Schweitzer meats by runnings. Another newer place for brats, is if you get to Hazen they make some great jerky and all the fancy brats, I would encourage you to try the Carolina reaper jerky you wont be disappointed....or you might die one of the two

- - - Updated - - -

shockwave what did they charge you to make jerky and sticks at 3be?

HuntFish4life

Best place in town for meats is DW Meats on 12th Street. Best tiger meat around, close second butcher block in Mandan. Just my thoughts, wasn't very happy with brats and tiger meat at 3be, but friends have said they have liked it.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad and I will stick to processing our own meat. Although we have very good butcher shops in the bismarck Mandan area I feel like we have a homemade recipe for a jerky, sausage and brats that is tough to beat.
The butcher shops taste to salty.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
3be does make some good specialty brats. If you want just a good German style brat the ones at the new Dan's in Bis are pretty good. If you want something truly special place a order with Owens bbq and make your own.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33