Winchester SX3/ Shotgun sale?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I said functional. I figure I could fire off 3 10 gauge shells and utilize every piece of therapeutic equipment I have at the clinic.

Maybe you could devise a way where the horrific recoil of the super goose is PART of the therapy?

It would maybe turn into a big hit with outsdoorsman - who could brag that they've just been in to see Dr. Recoil for his patented "super goose adjustment"

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe you could devise a way where the horrific recoil of the super goose is PART of the therapy?

It would maybe turn into a big hit with outsdoorsman - who could brag that they've just been in to see Dr. Recoil for his patented "super goose adjustment"

It would be a terrific thoracic p to a adjustment tool.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have shot many different guns, but this Beretta A400 mrs johnr let me buy a couple months ago, is the softest shooting gun I have ever shot. Look forward to a season of roosters out of it, over in Heron SD of course...haha

My Benelli 20 gauge will be my early season gun, but after a couple weeks into the season...game on, and maybe even with 3 1/2's.

- - - Updated - - -

speaka de engrish prease

dirty is drinking on the job again.?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damned if I'd trade it in after all this grief. I'd get the effer shaved out to 4 and wave my private parts at their aunties.

In full disclosure I find the 3.5 like a fresh paint job on a lawnmower blade.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote:On another side note, I would thoroughly enjoy an old, functional marlin super goose 10 ga.

My 1st goose gun back in the 70's,bolt action with a 36" barrel...haha,Good ole days.Pass shooting canadas,back then a Canada goose was a trophy and we only had a 10day Canada season here in in Mn.Next goose gun was a 3" richland sxs with double triggers,worked great when I pulled both triggers,but then I almost lost my face when the chamber blew up,bad deal,richland did replace the shotgun tho,decided a 10ga was next,still have it today as a memento in my gun cabinet.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
wait, so you never use 3.5"?

I don't get out to hunt too often and I seldom get out 3.5" shells, but theoretically, I can think of 3 reasons for 3.5" shells:

1. The bird continues its forward momentum as the string of shot makes impact. The shot cloud is longer and will therefore cover a greater area of your target as momentum carries the target forward and BBs continue to impact.

2. Your shot will be traveling 600-750 mph (depending on distance) while the bird is going 10-30mph. If broader impact is invalid due to the high rate of shot speed (closer shots) it only means then that more shot is impacting the same area, JUST LIKE A 10ga. You effectively have a 10ga at closer ranges.

3. Choke selection notwithstanding, a longer shot string at farther distances is more forgiving of imprecise shots. Birds flying away or shot clouds placed to the right or left of the body leaves trailing shot to snag a wing or for the bird to fly into if you get out ahead of it too far. (It's safe to say I don't have a problem leading moving targets too far out.)

An old box of 2 3/4" lead deuces would be my choiceThumbs Up.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have shot many different guns, but this Beretta A400 mrs johnr let me buy a couple months ago, is the softest shooting gun I have ever shot. Look forward to a season of roosters out of it, over in Heron SD of course...haha

My Benelli 20 gauge will be my early season gun, but after a couple weeks into the season...game on, and maybe even with 3 1/2's.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a couple beers in this office. Sadly, they are not coursing through my vasculature.

Here's the edit, Guy: makes your back go pop.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a couple beers in this office. Sadly, they are not coursing through my vasculature.

Here's the edit, Guy: makes your back go pop.

I googled a video - looks scary like I thought it would

- - - Updated - - -

sigh... those were the days

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

I heard the fine for hunting quackers with lead is about $75 and a non-criminal violation. That's tempting. Alas, what would I tell the kids? Daddy is a rotten apple? Nyet.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the fine for hunting quackers with lead is about $75 and a non-criminal violation. That's tempting. Alas, what would I tell the kids? Daddy is a rotten apple? Nyet.

I haven't hunted waterfowl for years so the temptation is not there for me. You should probably follow the rules, but steel sucks.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Heron sd sounds like a.cool place but where the hell is it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11