Winnipeg 2018

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this a fairly new law or is it an old law ? It seems crazy that you can't have a beer while at the lake but you can smoke a few joints if you want to. It's the complete opposite here.

It's more remote, worse weather, and lots of folks up there get WAY carried away boozing. Combine all that and the authorities got tired of people dying on the lake I would imagine.

I've been surprised by ground blizzards up on big windy - I am VERY glad I wasn't hammed when it happened.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't drink a beer in my ice house at 35, but i could go up there and get shitfaced and gamble at 18...:;:huh

Upnorth

It might. Most of us have 16” or 20” on right now. Two 12” wouldn’t be bad to bring. It’s still down to -15 Celsius overnight.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
heading up tomorrow night to fish Saturday and Sunday. This will be my third trip this year. Can't wait!

Upnorth

heading up tomorrow night to fish Saturday and Sunday. This will be my third trip this year. Can't wait!

Weather is perfect. Slow thaw/freeze. Still -10 at night, winds are light, nothing but sunshine! Bring shades and spf!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
two of us fished all day saturday and until 2 pm sunday. Both days we struggled to find fish. It was very nice out though so fishing outside was enjoyable and we moved a lot. Mostly fished between the mouth and pruden creek from 8-18'. Our best luck was 12-16'. 39 fish total with 8 of those between 24-27". I have never seen so many people fishing as I did on saturday. They were packed in like cord wood in front of the mouth so we avoided that area. Trucks were just about everywhere but we did see quite a few of them getting stuck especially the further east you went. ATV's and snowmobiles had zero issues. Our original plan was to get on at Pruden creek but it sounds like that turned into a sloppy, muddy mess with the warmer weather so we got on at Warner road (Chalet road is now closed) instead. as usual, large spoons worked well but the Snooty Patooty caught most of the bigger fish. I am grateful I was able to make it up there three times this year and it was a great season overall. Can't wait until next year!

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fished Winnipeg with a group of guys for three days this weekend, Overall fishing was good but not lights out. We managed I think 10-12 fish over 28" but nothing over 30". The MA's ranged from 7.5 to 10.75 pounds. We caught them on pretty much everything you would think, but my two biggest fish did come on Snooty. I know there were guys that did quite a bit better than us, and plenty that did worse. Caught the most big fish Friday, Saturday was a fricken zoo, and Sunday the fish seemed extremely scattered after the Saturday crowds. No biggies on Sunday, but heard they caught them way east.

Last edited:

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who do i have to blackmail to take me with next year? I literally have almost no friends who ice fish.... and i don't see my old man wanting to make the drive.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
We went up this weekend and fished 2 days (friend and his kids fished 3), had an absolute blast. No MAs in our immediate group but some of the guys we were with hit a fair amount of them. Number wise, things were awesome - landed 75 on Saturday and around 50 Friday. It's awesome how hard those walleyes hit compared to what I normally see on ND/MN water.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Group of 4 of us headed up early Thursday morning and fished hard until Sunday around 10 before we pulled the plug. We did very well. 1 at 29, 5 at 28, and probably 10-15 between 24 and 27. Our heaviest fish was an absolute toad at 26". Seemed as though spoons and rattle traps worked equally as well. Most success came with them being tipped with a shiner. We were anywhere from 5 feet below the ice to 14 feet below the ice. Early morning and last light were lights out, with us having trouble finding many mid day. Shouldn't complain though, still managed probably 120-140 eyes over a 3 1/2 day period. Quality was outstanding. Big bellies on most of them. And weather was out of this world. Blue skies, maybe 5 mile and hour wind, 34 degrees. Hardly set up the portable fish house Friday and Saturday. Can't wait for next year!!

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
We headed up last week. Fished Thurs-Sat, headed home Sunday. Fishing was good, but was off. When you thought you had a pattern figured out, you'd set up the next day and be scratching your head wondering where the hell they went. We ended up with 17 27"+ with the biggest being 30.5" between the 3 of us. 8 of the 17 were MA. With that being said it was still a great trip!!

After this past weekend, I don't ever foresee anyone ever convincing me to go up there in March again. What a freaking zoo. I can't fish in crowds. Especially with people who apparently have a half a brain. It was unreal, thought I was going to choke someone

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope it was one of you NDA'rs who blasted Lee Greenwood "God Bless the USA" on Saturday afternoon...haha

Last edited:

Upnorth

Lol. It’s only going to get worse the last couple weeks here. I don’t know why everyone crowds the mouth.... makes me laugh. I never fish the crowds and do very well.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just saw this one today, the king of long arming greenbacks ha ha ha!

long armin.jpg

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What , you're never seen a 39 lb walleye before ?
Good thing he was using his 20 inch auger that day !

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19