Winnipeg 2018

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just saw this one today, the king of long arming greenbacks ha ha ha!

madeleine-west-754848.jpg

Ahab of the north. :)

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just saw this one today, the king of long arming greenbacks ha ha ha!

madeleine-west-754848.jpg

Funny thing with this outfit is that he apparently laid into a group of fisherman who came in and fished the same area's where he was. Gee, maybe he should of thought about that before he posts every single picture of a 25"+ fish that is long armed to look like a 12lber on social media and then put a wrap on his truck.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
We fished Friday-Sunday Mar 16-18 and did fairly well. managed in our group of 4 for the 3 days around 27 that were over 25" and had 3 over 30". Lots of eaters and a lot of fish between 6-9 lbs. Of those around 27 5 were pushing 10+ lbs. Spoons seemed to be the ticket for us for the big fish. Not sure if a single big one was caught on a rattle bait this year. Last year was completely opposite.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody up there or know someone up there that might have info. on Prudence access?

Thanks

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was muddy last weekend so probably a little worse now. Tracked rig would be fine but might not want to ride a sled out of there.

I have tracks, but one rig won't.......you think side by side with wheels ok for the sandbar?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have tracks, but one rig won't.......you think side by side with wheels ok for the sandbar?
There where wheeled atv/sxs all over the ice last weekend. There were also trucks everywhere but i did see a few get buried. I did also see a minivan on the ice. We went on at Warner road and it was easy travel.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
warner road is like a highway almost all the way to the east side, bumpy at times of course but that's to be expected. the travel is easy though.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member

You'll get out in the morning, but when that sandbar softens in the afternoon it can get pretty tough coming back in. You could always pull him up the sandbar, or have him hit it with lots of speed first and see what happens.

Upnorth

If you guys are using the west side, chalet beach access has been closed. Use warner, Ralph, or wpg beach.

Upnorth

Was out yesterday. Back into -20’s now. No slush. West side from warner to close to the mouth was graded. Chalet beach has been closed permanently. It’s a highway now. Bite is there, but fish in pods. East side both 100 and 103 as well as prudens are frozen solid all day long. This is the last weekend coming up, weather will be good.

willy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prudence is sketchy. Tuesday's nice weather put water on top of ice. Now its ice water ice. Watched 3 side by sides break thru first layer. 1 destroyed his track assembly trying to get out. I was on atv with tracks i didn't have a problem. Be safe. I was there yesterday.

Last edited:

Upnorth

I stand corrected on prudens. I came off at balsam, the other half of our group came off prudens,they reported no issues when we met up.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So who caught the biggest fish this year of all the Nodak Anglers? Fished the last weekend and couldn't break the elusive 30" mark. Probably should have fished next to one of the crowds in shallower because I heard the bite was better there. My first trip to Winnipeg and now I'm hooked. Best lure of the trip was the Northland Rippin Shad. What was your best lure?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So who caught the biggest fish this year of all the Nodak Anglers? Fished the last weekend and couldn't break the elusive 30" mark. Probably should have fished next to one of the crowds in shallower because I heard the bite was better there. My first trip to Winnipeg and now I'm hooked. Best lure of the trip was the Northland Rippin Shad. What was your best lure?

Best lure for me the last two years has been the Snooty Patooty. Looking forward to next year and hopefully getting some spoons painted in snooty from dirtymike. We get a lot of nice fish on big spoons and I think a snooty spoon would be a winner.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16