Winnipeg 2018

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I’ve been searching for the last hour to no avail so I’m coming to you for the answer. We are bringing up a permenant fish house with a bed and bathroom. I’ve read that it’s legal to have a beer in a permenant as long as it’s a sleeper and has a bathroom, but I’ve also read that it’s a fine of anywhere from 100 to like 7-800. We’re not raging alcoholics, just might want a blue tasty with the fish fry in the house after we’re done fishing, won’t be driving anywhere and no lines in the water. Was just gonna call the Manitoba DNR but figure I’d check here to see if anyone else has already looked into this. How about having it there to cook with?

I thought it was no alcohol on the ice no matter what. Another heads up, I think its illegal to sleep in the house on the lake too.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought it was no alcohol on the ice no matter what. Another heads up, I think its illegal to sleep in the house on the lake too.
I’ve heard that, but once again have heard both ways. I’ve read and reread the current fishing guide for MB and it doesn’t specify. Why is it so hard to find these regs? Maybe it’s just me. Can anyone anyone direct me to where it says one way or another on any of these regs? Don’t wanna be ignorant about it, just wanna be legal and have fun without worrying about this.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to be up there the next two weekends. Reports this year have been awesome...I sure hope it keeps up. Rigged up my rods last night, as you can see the Live Target gets used about 90% of the time. Lots of teeth marks on that lure!

winnipeg.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fine is almost $700 for booze on the ice, no joke.
How dumb is that.
Bite has been slow past couple days.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to be up there the next two weekends. Reports this year have been awesome...I sure hope it keeps up. Rigged up my rods last night, as you can see the Live Target gets used about 90% of the time. Lots of teeth marks on that lure!

20181128_103203[1].jpg

We're going to need to change that setup.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fine is almost $700 for booze on the ice, no joke.
How dumb is that.
Bite has been slow past couple days.
That's crazy! I'm not saying thats a bad thing, just real steep. Were you able to find that anywhere online or is that word of mouth? Would just like access to that kinda info for future reference.

Upnorth

So I’ve been searching for the last hour to no avail so I’m coming to you for the answer. We are bringing up a permenant fish house with a bed and bathroom. I’ve read that it’s legal to have a beer in a permenant as long as it’s a sleeper and has a bathroom, but I’ve also read that it’s a fine of anywhere from 100 to like 7-800. We’re not raging alcoholics, just might want a blue tasty with the fish fry in the house after we’re done fishing, won’t be driving anywhere and no lines in the water. Was just gonna call the Manitoba DNR but figure I’d check here to see if anyone else has already looked into this. How about having it there to cook with?
Nope. Falls under the open liquor laws here. Fines run 700-1000. No alcohol on the ice.

http://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/ccsm/l153e.php

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW,WHAT A GREAT PIC! now thats a greenback if I ever seen one.

Upnorth

Thanks for the info! How about sleeping on ice?

Sleeping on the ice is perfectly legal.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sleeping on the ice is perfectly legal.
Just don't you dare have any fun while doing it. Seriously though, i think i have heard of guys parking their sleeper on shore up at Winnipeg so they can legally have some beverages.

Upnorth

Just don't you dare have any fun while doing it. Seriously though, i think i have heard of guys parking their sleeper on shore up at Winnipeg so they can legally have some beverages.

You would still get popped for open liquor. Shore or not.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We have stayed in the wheelhouse out on the lake the last 3 years. Lots of people doing it now.

One thing next year if we do another 4-5 day trip, I am going to take a day and run up to the "narrows" area. Looks like another 1-2 hr drive north. Hecla and Fisher bay area.

- - - Updated - - -

Dauphin and Bloodvein rivers look interesting too in that area.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would still get popped for open liquor. Shore or not.

Is this a fairly new law or is it an old law ? It seems crazy that you can't have a beer while at the lake but you can smoke a few joints if you want to. It's the complete opposite here.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17