Winter Vacations

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, here's my question , looking at taking a 7 day trip this winter in the last week of January, or first half of February. We've been to Hawaii 3 times, and an hour south of Cancun once like 12 years ago. Looking to go to Mexico, or somewhere west of there. All inclusive, in the price range of $3000 to $5000 dollars. Looking for recommendations on where to go, or where have you gone, and did you like it, and would you go back. Thanks!!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife and I normally go to Vegas for a week. This year we are going to take the kids for the first time and go to Arizona. If I can help it I'm going to try and stay out of Mexico.

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jamaica. I've never been but I know atleast a dozen people who have gone there and they loved it

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jamaica. I've never been but I know atleast a dozen people who have gone there and they loved it

This:;:thumbsup We have done the all exclusive thing in Cabo, Cancun, Playa del Carmen with playa being the best although with all the crap going on in Mexico now adays we won't be going back anytime soon. Yes..it felt safe in the areas we were at but ya never know. Wife is uneasy about going to Mexico so we don't go to Mexico anymore.

fenwick4life

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tamarindo Costa Rica. Went there last year and thought it was awesome. It's not big and developed like a Cancun or Playa. It's a small surf board town that is pretty laid back and free to roam. Felt safe all the time even between bar hoping at night. Sunsets are awesome. Only downside is the beach is open to the public so you get hassled quite frequently to purchase crap. In addition, there is only one hotel on the beach the rest are scattered throughout the town.

BUCK83

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife and i went to dominican republic last february and had a blast. We stayed at the barcelo bavaro beach in punta cana, all inclusive, good booze, great weather, food was so-so. I booked our trip through expedia and we stayed for 5 nights and the total cost was $2900.00 with airfare included. Only drawback was that we flew out of minneapolis. I have to admit, i was a little skeptical of the trip because i didn't think $2900 would get you much of a vacation. I was wrong, we had a blast and are looking forward to booking a trip back.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bahamas, generally safe, white beaches, typically in the 80s, had good luck fly fishing and trolling around that time. If you plan it right, you can catch the 500.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gulf Coast of Florida via allegiant from forks or fargo. Leave during the week and come back during the week and tickets are dirt cheap into tampa. Taxi or rental car to long Island. They speak your language, use your currency and have great beaches and pretty good fishing.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose Syria could provide excellent cruise missile and RPG sport for the skeet shooter.

webs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jamaica, we went to sandals a few years ago and it was great. Bahamas and Florida will be cooler than the Caribbean. Have fun!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
We did Ochoa Rios Jamaica last year for our 10 anniversary and loved it! It is away from the major tourist towns and a lot quieter. We liked it so much were taking the kids to the Beaches resort this year.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are headed to Cabo second week of Feb for a week, Mrs johnr was able to rope us an all inclusive 8 dayer for right around 4000.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife and i went to dominican republic last february and had a blast. We stayed at the barcelo bavaro beach in punta cana, all inclusive, good booze, great weather, food was so-so. I booked our trip through expedia and we stayed for 5 nights and the total cost was $2900.00 with airfare included. Only drawback was that we flew out of minneapolis. I have to admit, i was a little skeptical of the trip because i didn't think $2900 would get you much of a vacation. I was wrong, we had a blast and are looking forward to booking a trip back.

My daughter, her fiancee and future in-laws did this same trip last year. She said they had a blast. Flew out of MPLS as well to save on some cash...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
as much as I enjoyed Cancun many years ago I wouldn't give Mexico a dime of my money anymore.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jamaica, we went to sandals a few years ago and it was great. Bahamas and Florida will be cooler than the Caribbean. Have fun!

Yes, too bad that FL weather can be downright cold in jan-march. Too risky IMO if your heart is set on warm temps and sun.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
5k include airfare? If so I think u have to look at cancun or Cabo due to airline prices. Willing to drive to msp?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose Syria could provide excellent cruise missile and RPG sport for the skeet shooter.

I can't be the only person to have considered international travel to check out guns. Unfortunately, all the cool guns would involve a combat zone. Still wouldn't mind a trip to Belgium or Austria...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 222
  • This month: 187
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63