Winter Vacations

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really enjoy being able to wake up when I wake up, have a hardy breakfast, hit a neat little tourist trap, have some afternoon cocktails, eat a 5 star meal, bang the mrs, and repeat for 8 days.

Hunting/ fishing kicks ass, but is not a vacation even remotely. Set an alarm, eat some quick shitty breakfast, work your ass off to get to the spot you need, mostly stay away from the booze, eat a bag of shitty homemade jerky your buddy is proud off, go to bed alone, and repeat...

It is pure delight to be on an actual vacation with zero deadlines, or missed opportunities, etc. Just you, your wife, and whatever the eff you decide you want, and of course warm weather, hot chicks, cold drinks, and people waiting on you like you are a prince.
Facts and a dall sheep hunt is 40k I can do alot of fun stuff for that amount of money.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really enjoy being able to wake up when I wake up, have a hardy breakfast, hit a neat little tourist trap, have some afternoon cocktails, eat a 5 star meal, bang the mrs, and repeat .
You're gonna think retirement is neat.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are going on a cruise in mid February out of Orlando and thru the Caribbean islands. We have a couple days in Orlando to kill some time and looking at a fishing charter of some sort or everglades adventure. Any ideas or recommendations?
Discovery Cove is really nice. They limit how many people can enter so it doesn't feel crowded. food and drinks were icluded with ticket price. Also, I think you get a free ticket to Sea World with your pass. at least back in 2014 when I was there you did.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
leave for big sky on sunday for a couple weeks
Better bring your rock skis. Whole state is in rough shape snow-wise. Wife and I heading to the Bahamas in February for two weeks. I'll chase bonefish with the fly rod every day, she'll snorkel and drink on the beach. My only criteria was an island without a cruise ship port and DIY fishing opportunities

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better bring your rock skis. Whole state is in rough shape snow-wise. Wife and I heading to the Bahamas in February for two weeks. I'll chase bonefish with the fly rod every day, she'll snorkel and drink on the beach. My only criteria was an island without a cruise ship port and DIY fishing opportunities
I know most resorts are in the same shape, it has been snowing the last couple days.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't even imagine going on a vacation unless I have a bow or gun.

Bout the only place that even slightly interests me is Australia/ new Zealand.

People say, " it's awesome" to see skimpliy clad bikinis on the beach"

I've seen enuff skimpily " naked" clad beautiful ladies for free in my younger years.
Would rather see a big dall sheep through a scope
This is the direction I'm drifting more towards as time goes on, when I was early 20's did some snowboard trips to Montana, till COVID did Labor Day weekend at Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion and las 3yrs have been bow hunting mule deer and a trip to badlands this spring for turkey with my 11yr old daughter. Do need to work on something to include family a little more but it's tough to bring myself to beach, cruise, etc type trips because I haven't found one that
A. I can afford
B. has things I'm interested in doing handy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 150
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57