Winter Vacations

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are headed to Cabo second week of Feb for a week, Mrs johnr was able to rope us an all inclusive 8 dayer for right around 4000.

Where you staying? I love Cabo.

I would take mexico over Florida any day of the week.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife and I are going to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta in February. All inclusive deal. It will be my first at one of these venues.
Is peeing in the pools considered ok in Mexico? Seems like a waste to leave the swim up bar for anything other than eating and screwing.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
For Mexico these places are extremely high on our list, Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Puerto Morelos or Barcelo Maya & Caribe by Play del Carmen, however you’re a little behind the curve for planning and airfare is going to be an arm, a leg and maybe even a testicle this late.

However I would seriously look in to Jamaica, been there a couple of times and hands down better then Mexico, have stayed on the Ocho Rios side and the Negril side and Negril is far better, Jamaica is the place to go to relax…I know they have a great Olympic sprinting team, but I personally have never seen a Jamaican run, or move fast everybody is extremely laid back and relaxed.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
we try to go to the mountains skiing every winter in January when everybody thinks it is too cold to go skiing. 25 degrees always seems warm compared to 20 below. I don't think I would travel to other country's with everything that is going on in the world

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I spent a week in St Lucia last year (End of Jan into the first week of Feb). We stayed at one of the Sandals there (There are 3). Great food, great drinks, and the weather was unbeatable. Very safe island with lots to do on/off resort. With the three sandals resorts there you can take a bus between them and use amenities/restaurants at all of them. I would absolutely recommend St Lucia to anyone. The only draw back is it is a little further south than most Caribbean islands so its a little more expensive to fly to.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I spent a week in St Lucia last year (End of Jan into the first week of Feb). We stayed at one of the Sandals there (There are 3). Great food, great drinks, and the weather was unbeatable. Very safe island with lots to do on/off resort. With the three sandals resorts there you can take a bus between them and use amenities/restaurants at all of them. I would absolutely recommend St Lucia to anyone. The only draw back is it is a little further south than most Caribbean islands so its a little more expensive to fly to.

^^^^this is on our things to do list

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out St. Marteen. Half Dutch and half French, but you'd never know it was two different countries. American money is used for most everything. Super safe and you can go anywhere at any time of the day. And.... you can't beat taking pics like this......

stmrtn.jpg

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys for the ideas!! Wife checked on 3 places last week down by Cancun and Playa Del Carman thru a travel agency, and the prices were 2900 to 3800 for 5 - 7 days. When we were there (she tells me :( 9 years ago) we stayed at Barceló Maya, place was so clean you could eat off the floor it you wanted to. Lots of things to do, and a very nice place back then. Even a French gal that was very proud of her rock hard boobs, as she was always running around topless!! :cool: :;:thumbsupJust undecided if I want to go back to Mexico or not.

Last edited:

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
For Mexico these places are extremely high on our list, Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Puerto Morelos or Barcelo Maya & Caribe by Play del Carmen, however you’re a little behind the curve for planning and airfare is going to be an arm, a leg and maybe even a testicle this late.

However I would seriously look in to Jamaica, been there a couple of times and hands down better then Mexico, have stayed on the Ocho Rios side and the Negril side and Negril is far better, Jamaica is the place to go to relax…I know they have a great Olympic sprinting team, but I personally have never seen a Jamaican run, or move fast everybody is extremely laid back and relaxed.

:;:smokin

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am waiting until the dead of winter to head somewhere warm this year. Really looking forward to it even though it's going to be a very long flight. Long enough to where I may be able to get drunk on it, twice. I'll let you all know how much fun I had when I get back. :;:muahaha

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got pretty drunk on a couple vacation flights. Never again. Talk about feeling like poop at my destination for a day or two afterward.

p.s. I'm kinda old.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where you staying? I love Cabo.

I would take mexico over Florida any day of the week.

I am not sure, mrs johnr has a good friend with a time share. We are staying in a resort through their time share. It saved us around $1500 going this route. I am guessing its pretty nice, as the couple we are going with have a sizeable bank account, and do nothing half assed.

We went on a trip with them a few years back and it was the best vacation I have had prior too or since. Looking forward to a nice beach, some tasty waves, and fresh bud...haha

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bud? Weiser? Or the other one? Be careful... the other one is still illegal in Mexico. :;:huh

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe it's just me but dropping $500-$600 a day to sit in the sun doesn't seem like a vacation to me.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me a winter vacation would be a hunt for some critter in Argentina or Africa or Australia where our winter is their summer. I could hunt with my wife or she could do whatever it is she wants to do. Seems a better way to blow a couple grand than drinking thyself blind, then sitting on a beach getting sand in your ass while nursing a hangover, followed by walking like a zombie for 2 days because you got a blazing sunburn when you took a 2 hour "Hung Over Nap" in the sun. But that's just me. Have Fun!!!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been married 20 years. I hate to travel. Wife has been on me to take a trip winter since day one.

I get zero enjoyment from sitting on a lawn chair by at pool/beach/lake drinking. If I'm going to pay $4000, it's going to go DO SOMETHING, not sit on my ass and waste several days of my life watching weirdo's or talking to people I don't like. Winters are for ice fishing with my cell phone "forgotten in truck".

Call me Archie Bunker!

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turks or Roatan. Turks beaches are slightly better. Roatan is less of a tourist trap, is beautiful and pretty affordable.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah and they make a drink called a Monkeylala that is amazing!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 211
  • This month: 175
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 63