Wy Wolf

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Furthermore, what's even worse is people "on the fence" when it comes to hunting and trapping are going to see this!! What the hell do you think uneducated people, people who have no idea, will think about some "dumb redneck" parading a "suffering wolf" around a bar for no reason? That's exactly what they see and think. Not good, not good at all.

I'm guessing alcohol was definitely a factor in his lack of judgement. Or at least I hope so.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't care if you hate an animal this is wrong. We are gods creatures and to treat one like that is inhumane. Hunt it whatever but man to run it down and do that...not for me regardless of what old timers have done.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also agree that what he did was dumb, but he doesn't need to be hung from a tree for it. The $250 fine sounds good enough to me. And sorry @grumster, I was wrong with the traps. They do not have a sharp claws. And I agree that there is a need for trapping. I also think a person should be able to kill coyotes by whatever means possible. Including running them down with snowmobiles. Just don't tape their mouths shut and take them to the bar.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit like this happened all the time in the 70's and 80's. Old guys tell the best stories. People roping bears and other crazy shit. Small town bars and all. Difference is no one had a camera and it was just a story that got told with no real evidence. People need to realize 24/7 you do some dumb shit its going to be on the interwebs.
I get all that but it doesn't make it right no matter when it happened. Torturing an animal is BS. That guy is a puke and needs a blanket party. I hope he gets stuck for more serious consequences. He just threw gas on anti-hunter's fires. Hate wolves or not...the look in that wolves eyes disturbs me. Animals don't deserve that.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those that don’t know, he ran it down with his snowmobile multiple times until it was mostly disabled. Then paraded it around the bar with its mouth taped shut. Torture no matter how you feel about wolves. Now Wyoming can look forward to stricter laws and even more protection for them.
People in WY are not stupid enough to fall for that trap.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get all that but it doesn't make it right no matter when it happened. Torturing an animal is BS. That guy is a puke and needs a blanket party. I hope he gets stuck for more serious consequences. He just threw gas on anti-hunter's fires. Hate wolves or not...the look in that wolves eyes disturbs me. Animals don't deserve that.
I don’t disagree. My point was cameras are everywhere. People act like dumb shit hasn’t been going on for ever it’s just the fact it wasn’t documented and plastered all over for the world to see. It’s like the morons who wear turkey fans on their heads for meat eater. Or the morons that lay beside deer and take selfies or put the duck bills in their mouth and take pictures. It’s hard for people to not be stupid and take pictures of it now. Should the guy get more than a 250.00 dollar fine probably should his life be ruined I don’t think so.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t disagree. My point was cameras are everywhere. People act like dumb shit hasn’t been going on for ever it’s just the fact it wasn’t documented and plastered all over for the world to see. It’s like the morons who wear turkey fans on their heads for meat eater. Or the morons that lay beside deer and take selfies or put the duck bills in their mouth and take pictures. It’s hard for people to not be stupid and take pictures of it now. Should the guy get more than a 250.00 dollar fine probably should his life be ruined I don’t think so.
I agree. People don't learn now days unless stiff consequences. They should stick him with $5 fine and community service or something of the like.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should the guy get more than a 250.00 dollar fine probably should his life be ruined I don’t think so.
212 1-star reviews of his business. All in the last 3 days. This is why you don't do dumb shit on film.
Screenshot 2024-04-10 092203.png

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
People in WY are not stupid enough to fall for that trap.
I agree. The reason this man hasn’t gotten in much legal trouble is Wyoming’s people had common sense laws in place for controlling problem predators, trusting citizens to be grown ups and handle the problem themselves. This is a case of “you give a guy enough rope to hang himself”. He didn’t have the common sense to just eliminate the wolf, he did something really stupid. I hope he felt cool that night.

For whatever reason, a huge part of (non-hunting / non-ranching) population loves wolves. Protection is a hot issue everywhere it comes up. There will be out of state donations and pressure to increase penalties etc. And politicians love getting re-elected.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
The snowmobile shit shouldn’t be legal. I don’t care in WY or otherwise. There is a way to kill a varmint or predator and it shouldn’t be running over it with any vehicle. The $250 fine is by the law. Unfortunately we’ll all pay the real price for this act of stupidity. Ammo for years for the antis and wolf crowd.

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of state anti-trapping and hunting groups love to put up billboards in MT showing wolves caught in traps. Maybe we should start paying for billboards showing pictures of elk that are being run to death by a pack of wolves, complete with guts hanging out and blood-soaked hindquarters

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of state anti-trapping and hunting groups love to put up billboards in MT showing wolves caught in traps. Maybe we should start paying for billboards showing pictures of elk that are being run to death by a pack of wolves, complete with guts hanging out and blood-soaked hindquarters
Could add one of a male bear killing a nice little cuddly bear cub.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's EXACTLY what you should be doing in MT and any other state that wants to protect them sumbiches.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You got that damn right.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree. The reason this man hasn’t gotten in much legal trouble is Wyoming’s people had common sense laws in place for controlling problem predators, trusting citizens to be grown ups and handle the problem themselves. This is a case of “you give a guy enough rope to hang himself”. He didn’t have the common sense to just eliminate the wolf, he did something really stupid. I hope he felt cool that night.

For whatever reason, a huge part of (non-hunting / non-ranching) population loves wolves. Protection is a hot issue everywhere it comes up. There will be out of state donations and pressure to increase penalties etc. And politicians love getting re-elected.
Good thing WY isn’t MT or even ND otherwise you might see someone in power react this way. Not many wild supporters outside Jackson and Jackson if far from having much influence on WY politics!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even in WY, I'd not be surprised to see some change of law after this fiasco. The more I have seen (videos, etc.), the more it pisses me off. Do that with a deer, elk, antelope, heck even bear and I don't think it would be accepted like it was a wolf. I think after the fact, people are trying to say universally that it was not right. But in the moment, there would be a lot of folks saying "its just a wolf (or coyote)". While we've come a long ways as a hunting society, the shoot on sight attitude of past of predators still haunts us today. There are only 5 of 100 Americans that hunt today. This event resonates terribly beyond the antis......every single person who sees this thinks its pathetic and it reflects on all hunters. Was this guy a hunter? No, he was a moron. But he's connected to all of us. I'm too lazy to look up the exact quote, but someone said this is likely to significantly hinder wolf management in WY and other western states in the future. That will have lasting impact on big game hunting in all western states. I have no idea how stupid someone could be, but there is a special type out there I guess.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even in WY, I'd not be surprised to see some change of law after this fiasco. The more I have seen (videos, etc.), the more it pisses me off. Do that with a deer, elk, antelope, heck even bear and I don't think it would be accepted like it was a wolf. I think after the fact, people are trying to say universally that it was not right. But in the moment, there would be a lot of folks saying "its just a wolf (or coyote)". While we've come a long ways as a hunting society, the shoot on sight attitude of past of predators still haunts us today. There are only 5 of 100 Americans that hunt today. This event resonates terribly beyond the antis......every single person who sees this thinks its pathetic and it reflects on all hunters. Was this guy a hunter? No, he was a moron. But he's connected to all of us. I'm too lazy to look up the exact quote, but someone said this is likely to significantly hinder wolf management in WY and other western states in the future. That will have lasting impact on big game hunting in all western states. I have no idea how stupid someone could be, but there is a special type out there I guess.
No one in WY cares or even talks about it. Maybe a few academics in Laramie or some people in Jackson still remember. We have better things to worry about. Bad what he did but people in WY just mind their own business

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90