Wyoming muledeer

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s false…a lot of false. There is no federal mandates for testing. There is no “free money” for agencies. There is no money for finding positives. And voluntary testing started well before 5 years ago.
Oh for phucks sake you provide more misleading information than anyone here so far. You really think the gnf is testing and ramping up widespread testing for shits and giggles? We know you know better and we all know better. They are testing because the federal government is telling them to and dangling the $400 million carrot in front of their portly little faces. Stop with your bullshit. Read exactly what I wrote and stop twisting it. I said voluntarily testing to any degree. Yes their was testing but it wasn’t used by a very large portion of sportsman up until the last few years. Now they make it “mandatory” to test what 10% of a unit to lift restrictions. And again you dodged my question, you are definitely a political hack aren’t you? Can you say with 100 percent certainty that cwd hasn’t always been in deer herds?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s been hundreds of thousands of tests done in the last 20 years, if not over a million.
In ND? I call bullshit. Show me the data that proves this? And show me the data that proves cwd hasn’t been in deer since the beginning of time. You can’t and you know it. The only data you can provide is to show we are becoming more aware to its prevalence.

BrockW

In ND? I call bullshit. Show me the data that proves this? And show me the data that proves cwd hasn’t been in deer since the beginning of time. You can’t and you know it. The only data you can provide is to show we are becoming more aware to its prevalence.
Nationwide, not ND.

I’ve never said there is “proof” either way. Just that most signs point to this being a fairly recent phenomenon.

And the 400 million that you mention in the previous post is not necessarily accurate. The Chronic wasting disease and research act allocated “up to” 70 million a year for 6 years. But that has not been fully funded, I believe for 2024 15 million was appropriated. Half to the deer farming sector and half to the wild deer sector.

BrockW

The IHC test is $40 bucks, times one million performed equals $40 million. Is testing a cure? Nope.

Of course, not all tests are done at the federal facility NVSL Ames Iowa. Universities can perform an ELISA test for $20 bucks. The ELISA test looks for anti-bodies' antigens in lymph nodes. Can tell if you had a bad infection or are pregnant.
I think there’s around 31 certified testing labs in the country.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nationwide, not ND.

I’ve never said there is “proof” either way. Just that most signs point to this being a fairly recent phenomenon.

And the 400 million that you mention in the previous post is not necessarily accurate. The Chronic wasting disease and research act allocated “up to” 70 million a year for 6 years. But that has not been fully funded, I believe for 2024 15 million was appropriated. Half to the deer farming sector and half to the wild deer sector.
of course it’s not fully funded…. They need to create the crisis in its full before they will approve full funding. That’s where the testing and guys like you screaming fire come in. Now that it’s a “crisis” or becoming one thanks in part to people like you they’ll allocate full funding for political groups to fight over. Some people see this for what it is and see right through it all.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I have learned in the past 76 years is the bias and disrespect people have for each other. So many with education think all people without it are stupid, and so many without education think the educated have no common sense or integrity. Both are wrong. Education is simply training. Many are capable, but choose to do something else. Without science we woukd be back on the first century when it comes to technology, but without the non scientists support we woukd not be as comfortable and perhaps dead.
Even with an education in wildlife big game and disease are not my fields of expertise. However when the common person reads the headlines of a study and writes it off as ridiculous he does a disservice to everyone. Fotr example I have heard people talk about how stupid it is to spend a million dollars studying why deer antlers grow so fast. The study was trying to find the trigger that may lead to a cure for cancer, but big mouth arm chair experts jumped all over it. I can't remember the studies a comedian about 30 years ago was makeing fun of, but it exposed nott only his ignorant but his arrogance.
I suspect the people on here are of about equal intelligence, but all have different fields of expertise whether we University or school of hard knocks. I am amazed at some who are experts in everything. Unfortunately those are the people that often know the least.
How important is CWD. I'll be the first to admit I don't know, but it's scary as heck so I want to know.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's fun to watch PrairieGhost spin his narrative. The Wyoming outfitters are to blame. The deer farmers are to blame.

PG worked for the US Geological Survey Jamestown. He worked with Glen Sargent and David Allen Brandt who are currently employed there. Glen Sargent worked on the CWD project at Wind Cave National Park South Dakota.

Earlier in this thread I asked PG if the CWD known source Wind Cave herd is still expanding? Are they still chasing excess animals out of the high fence park or is the herd contracting? No answer.

Brock is president of backcountry hunters and anglers. One of Brock's BHA directors is David Brandt. Everybody knows everybody but no one knows shit.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't often read your posts Fritz. Your here to ride herd for the Farm Bureau and the high fence guys which you were at one time. Some don't care if all the wild deer die because that would force hunters to come to them.
I dont work with the people you mentioned. I have no idea what they are doing, and when I worked there 20 years ago I doubt they had much of an idea what I was doing. Your simply afraid of real science Fritz. Its why you always malign it.
Most people on here chase deer, and they should understand that your motivation is chasing dollars. You must fear that real science is opposed to your dollar chasing.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
My question. If you shot a buck in that area of Wyoming would you eat it? Would you feed it to your kids?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz, you don’t give 2 shits about the wild deer herds anyway. Most here may disagree on the mechanics but they at least have the same goal in mind; more and heathy deer.
My question. If you shot a buck in that area of Wyoming would you eat it? Would you feed it to your kids?
This is tough. On the one hand I know it’s probably safe and there’s no evidence of crossover to humans. Yet I know my luck and I’d probably end up patient zero.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The State and federal employees on NDA certainly know how to hang together. Ha
I have never worked for the state other than doing Youth Conservation Corps. for the NDGF my junior summer during high school.

Worked for uncle sam for a few years but it was for the Dept of the Navy.

Haven't worked for either in almost 30 years.

Some of us see you for what you are. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably already have as have most people on here with out even knowing.

If it was noticeable sick I wouldn’t but unless it was a 180 or better I’m not burning a tag on a sick deer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 323
  • This month: 176
  • This month: 173
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64