Yeti coolers cut ties with the NRA

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there any financial gain to be had by driving a company's stock price down fast ? Just wondering if it could have been a smart move financially on someone's part or if it really is pure stupidity from a business point of view.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see if folks like Jim Shockey drop their ties with Yeti. Perhaps he needs to hear from hunters across the nation.

"It seems Yeti Coolers has cut their ties with the NRA. I hope as one of the nations most well known leading outdoors men in the hunting community you will use your connections and voice of the sportsmen of this nation to share with them the mistake they seem willing to make.

Thank you Gabe Thompson Jr. "

https://www.facebook.com/JimShockeyFanPage/

I enjoyed your brevity.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoyed your brevity.

Ha thanks, I'm counting on Jim getting the point easily. Hopefully he doesn;t reply with something like "derp"or "OMG"....I would be very disappointed.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
30821067_10215674346761024_8361149695641626852_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

31113907_2059437104345744_6025427246104182784_n.jpg

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i get that people are pist, but it is simply a numbers thing... i think that the nra has roughly 4 million members - out of 350 million people - just over 1% of the population...

if they lose 100% of nra members business (4 million) and gain 2% of the rest of the population (7 million) i think they would take that...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there any financial gain to be had by driving a company's stock price down fast ? Just wondering if it could have been a smart move financially on someone's part or if it really is pure stupidity from a business point of view.

They're not publicly traded.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i get that people are pist, but it is simply a numbers thing... i think that the nra has roughly 4 million members - out of 350 million people - just over 1% of the population...

if they lose 100% of nra members business (4 million) and gain 2% of the rest of the population (7 million) i think they would take that...

In reality most of those other people have no need for a cooler as they never leave the city. So the numbers don't work. Glad I never got any of the turn coats junk. Make it on the backs of sportsman and turn their back on them. Talk about your modern day benadict Arnold

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
derp

- - - Updated - - -

this could be the truth

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
In reality most of those other people have no need for a cooler as they never leave the city. So the numbers don't work. Glad I never got any of the turn coats junk. Make it on the backs of sportsman and turn their back on them. Talk about your modern day benadict Arnold

i don't want to get into a pissing match, but i simply disagree... they are playing the numbers as most successful businesses do...

also, they DID contribute to the nra for a while... if we all sold everything from manufacturers that didn't support the nra, we wouldn't have much left... for example, i couldn't find any pickup manufacturer who supported the nra...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/227417/number-of-campers-usa/

The number of sportspersons rose from 33.9 million in 2006 to 37.4 million in 2011. The data show that 33.1 million people fished, 13.7 million hunted, and 71.8 million participated in at least one type of wildlife-watching activity such as observing, feeding and photographing wildlife.Sep 15, 2017

[h=3]2011 Survey - Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration - US Fish and ...[/h]https://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/subpages/nationalsurvey/2011_Survey.htm

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member

I see your point but I think asshat moves like this produce even more NRA members
Your typical soccer mom and dad family are not buying yeti coolers. the hard-core outdoorsman are, so I think the percentage of actual buyers are a little skewed. As an outdoorsman I feel obligated to let them know what I think

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i don't want to get into a pissing match, but i simply disagree... they are playing the numbers as most successful businesses do...

also, they DID contribute to the nra for a while... if we all sold everything from manufacturers that didn't support the nra, we wouldn't have much left... for example, i couldn't find any pickup manufacturer who supported the nra...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/227417/number-of-campers-usa/

The number of sportspersons rose from 33.9 million in 2006 to 37.4 million in 2011. The data show that 33.1 million people fished, 13.7 million hunted, and 71.8 million participated in at least one type of wildlife-watching activity such as observing, feeding and photographing wildlife.Sep 15, 2017

[h=3]2011 Survey - Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration - US Fish and ...[/h]https://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/subpages/nationalsurvey/2011_Survey.htm

The fishing websites are not ok with this. Why won't yeti make a statement. Shows alot to their character. If it is business fine but at least have the principal's to tell the people who made your company what it is why they turned there back on all sportsman.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Look at most of my their advertising geared toward coastal fishing locations. Last time I looked the south is very pro gun rights and this move will not go over well with their base. I don't see the wildlife organizations being ok with this. I will be calling Reeds on Monday to tell them my displeasure and to put pressure from a distributor standpoint.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's entirely possible this has nothing to do with anti gun sentiment. Their market share is falling fast. Maybe they just can't afford to "sponsor" the nra anymore. Its not like yeti announced this as if they were proud of it. The NRA did the press release.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only time will tell for Yeti, once they look at next quarter's financial report and see sales fall off, I think they should be smart enough to figure out why. Or could they be saying, "ah hell, we got so much money now, we'll dump the NRA, it won't hurt us".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56