Yeti purchase justified?

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the way I see it, my whole family (4 of us) got turned down for deer tags. So I am saving $120 in deer tags plus gas, food, etc. I should be able to buy a Yeti without asking permission from the mrs. right?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your logic is sound. I say yes.........but you know women and logic mix like oil and water

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
But you put that money towards a new gun to shoot geese with this year

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy it then tell her the reason why?
I brought home a cat 6 yrs ago, I hate cats, my wife does even more. After I told her the purpose of this cat, she loves it. Not sure the purpose of the cat, but it worked, and now we have a GD cat. I will not go to my buddies farm and drink moonshine just after his cat had kittens ever again.
haha

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
I brought home a cat 6 yrs ago, I hate cats, my wife does even more. After I told her the purpose of this cat, she loves it. Not sure the purpose of the cat, but it worked, and now we have a GD cat. I will not go to my buddies farm and drink moonshine just after his cat had kittens ever again.
haha

I love it when things work out for no reason Thumbs Up

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forget about the licenses. Think about all the gas $$$ you just saved. Yeti's all the way around!

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha

your esposure to pussy has made you a kinder gentler johnr #nocredforbama

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha
This made me smile!

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like cold drinks get the yeti rambler "thanks johnr" oh it'll probably keep coffee hot also, but I haven't tried this

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can save even more money if you buy a pelican. Same as a yeti but actual latches not bungee cord, molded handles not rope handles, and $100 less than a yeti. Unless you just want your cooler to say yeti so you fit in

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can save even more money if you buy a pelican. Same as a yeti but actual latches not bungee cord, molded handles not rope handles, and $100 less than a yeti. Unless you just want your cooler to say yeti so you fit in

Isn't there a pretty noticeable weight difference between the two?

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd do an internet search for super insulated coolers. Roto molded plastic isn't new technology, extra thick inslulation isn't new technology, O-rings in lids aren't new either. Yeti's main claim to fame, as I see it, is all the outdoor TV shows they sponsor. Advertising is overhead.

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
In a 65qt cooler the pelican is 6lbs heavier. Yeti is 29lb and pelican is 35lb. Interior dimensions: pelican is 25.66"x11.16"x12.5". Yeti is 24.5"x12"x10.12". Go to pelicancases.com and yeticoolers.com and can compare any size they make. I have a 65qt pelican that's why I choose to compare that size

- - - Updated - - -

Here's yeti 65qt

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Pelican also. Shopped them all pretty hard and settled on the Pelican and love it. A buddy has a yetti and he likes the latches and handles on the Pelican much better.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep telling myself I need to treat my existing coolers better before I buy a nice one. I swear I'm going to make sure I empty them out after I get home, get the kids out, get them inside, take a leak, and do whatever else the kids have decided they need. I still end up forgetting and i'm eventually out back with the hose and my shirt over my nose cleaning the dang thing out. Once I can make a habit of taking care of it I'm in for an upgrade.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeti just sounds so much more bad ass than Pelican. A mythical creature that thrives in the the frozen tundra vs. a big mouthed bird that shits on everything.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have turned into a Yeti junkie, I have the 65Q cooler, the 32oz tumbler, mrs johnr has the 20oz tumbler, and yesterday while purchasing some ortho bugbegone at Newbys I picked up the colster to keep my ice cold Busch lights ice cold.

Anti Yeti just a couple weeks ago, and now getting all Yeti'd up...haha sonsabitches

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in Scheels last week, and grabbed one of those Yeti tumblers for $30. As I was walking away with it, my oldest son says "really Dad? $30 for that?"

Suddenly the realization of me actually needing something that keeps ice for 2 days while having a cocktail was absurd at best. I returned the mug back to the display and sheepishly walked away....

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in Scheels last week, and grabbed one of those Yeti tumblers for $30. As I was walking away with it, my oldest son says "really Dad? $30 for that?"

Suddenly the realization of me actually needing something that keeps ice for 2 days while having a cocktail was absurd at best. I returned the mug back to the display and sheepishly walked away....

It appears you did the opposite with the vagina you picked up.:;:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76