You just CAN'T make this stuff up.............

Dubbs

Founding Member
Founding Member
If there's a few lessons I've learned through fishing it's that there's always something to learn, you'll never know everything, and on occasion things change daily. Funny thing is I've been in KDM's position in this story before, and it occurred while fishing next to him!

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
o well is all I can say. we have people on the mo that do the same s**T and you can do 2 things, one the way you did it or the other which involves blood. last week was In a hole catching nice fish not a very big hole using electric motor because the fish were shallow and a guy in a warrior decides to check out what I was doing with the big motor NICE ended that. Just wrote it off as being stupid moved to another hole finished off the day.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give me the coordinates of where you were fishing and I will talk to him for you

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me set the stage first. I was muddin' today in the same spot I was yesterday when I tagged those nice walleyes. I was casting up current with my bobber rig and minnow and letting it drift down. I had been there for about 2 hours with nothing to show for it when another land based fisherman joined me. He set up about 15 feet up current from me and was going to cast RIGHT were I had been fishing to to start my drift. At this point I had a dilemma. Be an ass and tell him to move or cast a bit short and let it ride. I decided to let it ride and began answering his questions about how fishin' was. All was going well, until he made his first cast. He retrieved his twister tail about to where I was previously fishing before and he reared back and set the hook. I rolled my eyes as he was playing the fish and then he asked me to help him net the fish as it felt pretty good. WELL........."Pretty Good" turned out to be a 10 lb 12 oz walleye which I was surprised he released. He was understandably happy and was all chatter about that big walleye after that. As for me it was bittersweet. On the one hand I was happy to see someone get a good walleye and on the other hand I was a bit miffed. Then to add a bit of lemon juice to the papercut, He then proceeded to smack 4 more walleyes from the same spot. I managed only 2 small fish before darkness set in and we both left. I'm still shaking my head at how things work out. Tight Lines Everyone!!!

= Bobbers are for BaBiEs... Why the hell does this site do this??? Type a bit and it jumps to line above!
Lesson to be learned

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Abab spring fishing takes alot of patience???? Really i thought i just snap the pole and reel em in and post the pics on fagbook. Hahahaha

If you snapped your pole, it would be hard to real them in and post them on fagbook. But yes, patience. Most spring spots are no secret anymore and you deal with a lot of Backwoods Bobs that maybe fish a couple times a year that are gung ho to catch "hogs".

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You, my friend are the kindest person I know. I probably would of lost it. You and your family have a Happy and Blessed Easter. You deserve the next ND record Walleye.;:;bowdown

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
If there ever comes a time where my blood pressure goes up while fishing. That will be the day i sell all my gear and find a new hobby.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did he try drinking any of your ice cold Busch lights too?
Cause that would have been even worse

- - - Updated - - -

If there ever comes a time where my blood pressure goes up while fishing. That will be the day i sell all my gear and find a new hobby.

Do you have any children, cause an entire reel of line in the trolling motor can cause a slight elevation, as can a nice tear in the seat from a failed cast. God Bless them little angels of mine

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm gonna bring some Coors Original with me after work tonight just in case that guy shows up in south Bismarck...... He might turn around and go back to the Sheyenne. Kill'em with kindness, my gramma always told me!

;:;popcorn

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bout anow 85% chance a fellow mudder frequents this site. So.... fess up... which one of you/us was it?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any children, cause an entire reel of line in the trolling motor can cause a slight elevation, as can a nice tear in the seat from a failed cast. God Bless them little angels of mine

lol. no i dont, but i can relate somewhat. I remember doing all sorts of stupid stuff in the boat with my dad. He was a patient man, thank goodness.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33