You know what pisses me off!!!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
It must be the flavor of the year, because they pulled some traffic signals in Dickinson to shorten the time to get from the south to the north side (and vice versa) on Hwy 22. Heard that the plan is for a roundabout on States Ave. and Fairway and remove the lights they put in a few years ago. Nothing but bad ideas and a complete waste of money from the Infrastructure Bill, I presume!!!
They all must have gotten drunk together at a conference on the taxpayer dime to come up with some of these idiotic ideas. Apparently they are making a contest out of it to see who can come up with the most idiot traffic alterations.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
This pisses me off.

1727984639985.png

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

I like how things get twisted and misunderstood. I am pretty sure that nobody from FEMA or Tennessee's department of emergency services ever said "don't give your neighbor a helping hand or a towel/socks/shirt". Instead, what they are intending to prevent is people from ND donating a shovel, towel, blanket, clothing, etc up here in Bismarck, ND that has to then be transported to Tennessee. Emergency management agencies partner with NGOs (Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc) and may recommend donating cash to those NGOs, which can easily be converted to supplies that are specifically needed and mass transported to the area in need of help. And hell, I am not sure I've ever seen an example where FEMA accepts donations in the first place.

As far as FEMA or TEMA as she said wouldn't go into areas with closed roads, again...if my guess is correct and she's misinterpreting an advertisement for the NGOs, that's right. Red Cross and the Salvation Army doesn't show up with a bulldozer in hand to clear a road. That needs to be the local highway dept, National Guard, whoever, but someone with those resources.

The whole intent here is to encourage people from ND to save your donations of physical goods for your local charities, not these large disasters halfway across the country.

Anyway, that would be my guess since I have seen it before.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you were flying an actual helicopter into a disaster relief area, you too would not appreciate some asshole flying a drone into the same air space. This is, has been, and will continue to be a concern going forward. Drones flying into disaster relief areas need to be coordinated with those who are flying manned Search and Rescue operations.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
FEMA out of money because it’s been spent on illegals! Can’t even take care of our own. Now they will go to congress for money and if denied blame it on Republicans…

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must be driving around Bismarck , Pull right out in front of you then drive below the speed limit

It's not a ND thing, nor a Bismarckian thing. It's a dumbass thing, because I had plates from all over the country do just that on a 3,700 mile roundtrip to Arizona where I went through parts of SD, CO, MT, ID, WY, UT, NE, CA, AZ, and ND.

The worst are the truckers that drag race at 58-60 mph for 5 miles of an 80 mph section of interstate highway.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 54
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 9