Stanley cup playoffs

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I told my wife the same thing. It looked like Oshie was the only one working hard. He's an animal.

Animal is right, I don't know if he has peaked or not but he has to be in the best shape he has ever been in his life. I can't remember ever watching a player with that much stamina. I hope he does what makes life good but in reality he deserves a better team than the Wild.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;rofl ;:;rofl ;:;rofl! How about them Penguins in the first period! ;:;barf:bigpuke: Go Ottawa :thumbedup:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would like to see the Predators, and the Senators play in the big show. I think it would some great games to watch.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
some big wagon jumpers we have here.lol Pens are beat up and short bodies. if they don't respond in the next game they are smoked like carp a la carte!!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree. The pens are loaded with talent and if they hadn't won the Cup last year, I'd feel sorry for them. They are deep enough to come back from this.

They don't seem to have luck on their side this year. I hate to see guys go out with injuries this time of year because they've worked so hard. But all teams deal with injuries.

Injuries the window that defines our champion....they may not be the most talented, but they are tough and all heart. That is the what defines the Stanley Cup. Hard work beats talent 100% of the time.

Pedro

Established Member
Shame if the pens stumble and fall to the sens. They beat out the best 2 teams to get as far as they have. That's not even debatable. The injurys are huge, but that's why sir Stanley's cup is such an elusive bugger to get. Nothing in sports is even comparable to playoff hockey. I love this $hit!!!!!!

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the Sens and Preds in the finals. Senators looked great last night.

rippenlips

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whoever comes out of Preds and Ducks is who I am going for to win it. Don't want to hear Crosby this and that going back to back with cups. He has some great players around him to help make him good, not saying he is not a good player alone, but his whining kills it for me. But hey it's hockey, so if that works to get into someone head to win a game then good for them. But they will have a tough series with the Sens.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every team I wanted to see win is out, which is kind of a bummer because i'm just not as interested anymore. I would like to see Preds/Sens with Preds winning cup, but wont be losing sleep no matter what happens at this point.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm torn, on one hand I want Carter Rowney to do well. Sure have been hearing his name a lot. But I don't care for Crosby, Kessel, Malkin, or Fluery... But in fairness, it seems like Crosby is a bit less whiny than before and he sure takes a beating out there. Kessel is a turd but the clip about BO made him a little less of a turd.

Pulling for Preds in the other side mostly out of dislike of Kesler and Perry. I guess I don't like the dirty play win at all cost style of hockey that seems to be the focus this year. The talking heads praising Kesler had become nauseating.

The dirty play is only over shadowed by the officiating, what is goalie interference any more?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uff-Da!! Someone could've cashed in big by just betting against any team I was pulling for this year.

I don't want Ott even in the finals because I do not want the Cup in Canada. Having the Cup in California is pretty close to just as bad. Leaves me rooting for Pens or Predators, prolly best to place your bets against them given my success in rooting for winners this year.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, the Senators didn't show up for that game. :mad: I watched like 10 minuets of the game and went and did yard work. Glad I spent my first day off in 2 months doing yard work. ;:;banghead ;:;barf

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm really hoping for a Pens/Predators finals. Would be nice to see the bloodbath that comes from that series.

That would make for some good hockey! Both teams have speed and play the same kind of buzz saw hockey and watching the 2 go at it would definitely be entertaining. Preds were delt a big blow this week with an injury and the pens need to worry about putting these senators away for good. The senators have surprised me and when they play thier system right they are a tough team to beat.

All I heard about going into the pens - sens series was how awesome carlsson is, but I can't say I agree. He is good, but the games the sens won had the whole team playing the system and all executing flawlessly. Much more of a team effort to thier success that one guy holding it all together. Pens gotta be ready to play Tuesday because the sens are gonna push back hard.

Go pens!

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lord Stanley is filling his cup and call for a bird bath final... Pens vs. Ducks! Last night's game in Pittsburgh was a clinic how to shut down the other team and come away with a shutout.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would make for some good hockey! Both teams have speed and play the same kind of buzz saw hockey and watching the 2 go at it would definitely be entertaining. Preds were delt a big blow this week with an injury and the pens need to worry about putting these senators away for good. The senators have surprised me and when they play thier system right they are a tough team to beat.

All I heard about going into the pens - sens series was how awesome carlsson is, but I can't say I agree. He is good, but the games the sens won had the whole team playing the system and all executing flawlessly. Much more of a team effort to thier success that one guy holding it all together. Pens gotta be ready to play Tuesday because the sens are gonna push back hard.

Go pens!

Keep in mind Karlsson has been playing the entire playoffs with a couple fractures in his foot. Pretty impressive.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your right Marble, that would be a painful injury to play thru as well. He is a very good player, just don't think his teammates are getting enough credit along with the coaches and the system they play.

I always like it after the cup is lifted and you get a real injury report. Some of these guys are playing with some nasty injuries. Which backs up my point earlier as the cup being the hardest trophy to win.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets go Sens! Lets go Sens! Hope they kick some Penguin ass tonight! ;:;boozer

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48