Ion augers

headhanger

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody else having problem with breaking blades. I have broke 2 now in a month that i owned it. although Ions costumer service is great on replacing them (2sets now) it still sucks that this is happening

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the first time I've heard of this. I've had mine for 3 years and have never broke or even had to sharpened the original blades. If the blades are breaking through the screws you may be tightening them up to much. If the blades are breaking on the edge or you are chipping them you may be dropping the auger to the ice and breaking them that way or they are getting damaged while you are driving by maybe bouncing in the truck bed. If neither of these are the cause, the flighting itself may be warped in some why that breaks blades. See if ION will exchange the flighting. After that, I got nothing. Good Luck!!

headhanger

Founding Member
Founding Member
breaking at the bolt holes. they told me the same thing tightening is important but that dont explain why the orig. broke they are sending me a new flighting now to try. (great service from Ion)

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who knows why something breaks?? Glad to hear you are getting something to try out. Please let me know how this turns out. I hope I don't have to deal with this, but if I do, it'd be nice to hear how yours turned out. Thanks!!

fixeruper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just looked over my new 6'' Ion one blade cracked through bolt hole, just got it for Christmas, sent email to ion see what happens.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My buddy and I each have an Ion. Going on 1 and 2 years. No issues with either of them yet. I hope you get this figured out. We have been very satisfied with ours. I took mine along with another buddy last year and we used it in his fish house in place of his gas auger and he loved it. He said "shit, now I have to buy one of those". Worked great in the ice house.
Keep us posted on this!

Fish On !

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
2yrs here and no issues at all,are you reopening old holes when this happens?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who knows why something breaks?? Glad to hear you are getting something to try out. Please let me know how this turns out. I hope I don't have to deal with this, but if I do, it'd be nice to hear how yours turned out. Thanks!!

Grandpa use to say that some guys could break a steel ball. Pretty sure he was told me that right after I effed something up that probably should have been uneffable.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've reopened hundreds of holes with no issues. That being said, I lift up a bit when reopening a hole as the blades can bite to fast and then you have to go in reverse to get the flighting back out. The new ones have reverse I believe, which would be nice.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did break 1 right through the bolt hole also. From the factory, Ion replaced. Awesome auger and customer service.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grandpa use to say that some guys could break a steel ball. Pretty sure he was told me that right after I effed something up that probably should have been uneffable.

Isn't that the truth! We have a buddy that will be the first to break something on a trip as well as the first to spill a drink in the boat, icehouse, or vehicle. Bull in a china store all the way!

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well just broke a blade through the outside bolt hole. First issue i have had with one so far.

On a side note i didn't notice it right away and it still was cutting alright:mad:

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard a few blades breaking like that. I think ion has been warranteeing them

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84