Sonar interference?

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have an older Lowrance Elite 7 HDI and just bought a Helix 12 and plan on running them side by side. Do I need to do anything special to limit interference between the 2? Obviously lots of guys run a couple graphs together so I assume it's not too big of a deal but just wondering if I need to do anything special. Thanks fellas!

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
transducer placement will mean everything. id assume you bought the helix for the MEGA? if so I would have that transducer higher up than the other one and further from the motor. you may have to play with a couple different positions before you can get it just right.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
transducer placement will mean everything. id assume you bought the helix for the MEGA? if so I would have that transducer higher up than the other one and further from the motor. you may have to play with a couple different positions before you can get it just right.

No it isn't the MEGA but is last year's model. Saw it on sale for just over $1,500 after my coupons and discounts and couldn't pass it up.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they are too close in frequency it won't matter what you do you'll have interference.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82