ND deer opener

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
sdmf said:
Easy-peasey, I'll whip you up the "Wookie Special".

Nice sounds warm, this is made out merino wool right?

It's made out of Wookie Wool and is warm enough to keep you comfy on the ice planet of Hoth without boots, gloves, or a facemask. You won't even need to laser open your Ton-Ton.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to be "that guy" trying to fill a bow tag during rifle opener. I sat in -20 last year and it was NO FUN. Hopefully a few degrees above freezing makes it more enjoyable. Plus the brothers Wirehair are PO'd that big papa hasn't taken them pheasant hunting lately. I need to get the deer chip off my shoulder so I can concentrate on them for the rest of the hunting season!

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm going to be "that guy" trying to fill a bow tag during rifle opener. I sat in -20 last year and it was NO FUN. Hopefully a few degrees above freezing makes it more enjoyable. Plus the brothers Wirehair are PO'd that big papa hasn't taken them pheasant hunting lately. I need to get the deer chip off my shoulder so I can concentrate on them for the rest of the hunting season!

dont ever refer to one's self as big papa

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why you gotta be a dick!
Maybe I meant it like "My bad" or "your wrong".

Everybody's has to argue about something.

DAMNIT! Now Dirty was right.

All in good fun. I put "LOL" in there to try to make sure people knew that I was laughing (and being ironic) as I typed it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
All in good fun. I put "LOL" in there to try to make sure people knew that I was laughing (and being ironic) as I typed it.

Obviously I really don't care about my grammar. As long as it doesn't get so bad as I get mistaken for the anonymous neg reper

- - - Updated - - -

I'm losing more and more interest in work.

Need a hug?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're gonna need a hug in the tent this weekend. Hope Wags is amenable...

Back in September I stayed in a tent at the tailrace overnight. Thought I was Sir Edmund Hillary. Turns out more like Richard Simmons.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get off work at 1, go home, get everything gathered up and in the truck, get to the farm, plug the camper in, turn the heat on, fill'er with water, get everything in the camper and put away, have a few drinks, try to sleep, wake up and anxiously wait till noon.

KJS - ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may jump in here with a question. If a guy or party of rifle hunters sees a bowhunter sit in a tree stand or blind, do you leave him be or push the woods or what? The last 3 years I have been sitting in my stand and guys start pushing where I am sitting. If they didn't see me so be it. Just wanted to see the consensus. Public land by the way.

If they don't see you and are hunting around you with rifles, I'd be nervous and make sure they did see me - I believe you need to wear orange while bow hunting during the rifle season, so seeing you sitting in a tree shouldn't be a problem. Whether they should move in on you is a personal choice - most won't and will find another place to hunt and others will say it's public land and you can't control it by getting there before me.

Good luck to all fortunate enough to draw a tag - remember you can't eat antlers, it's only hunting, one-shot kill, that will bounce off a deer, smoked em, if it's brown it's down, dam sconnies/blue platters, and every other hunting cliché you can think of.

Seriously, be safe and have fun - looking forward to some pictures if you don't mind sharing.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's made out of Wookie Wool and is warm enough to keep you comfy on the ice planet of Hoth without boots, gloves, or a facemask. You won't even need to laser open your Ton-Ton.
I can’t get over the thought of you trying to shear a wookie.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels is a madhouse today. Luckily I just needed a box of shells.

I am not getting out till Saturday, I'm working. Sounds like the weather will be nice.

ENJOY!!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels is a madhouse today. Luckily I just needed a box of shells.

I am not getting out till Saturday, I'm working. Sounds like the weather will be nice.

ENJOY!!

Sporting goods stores ARE a zoo the day before the opener, never fails.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 204
  • This month: 171
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 59