ND deer opener

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its time for all the crazys to come out. You know the ushers at church on Sunday are going to be calling you a som-bitch for shooting THEIR DEER or for posting your land. But in 16 and 1/2 days you will all be friends again, unless you fish THEIR LAKE.

THAT TEARS IT!!! You sit in the front row center from now on. RIGHT in front of the preacher. YOU SIR need saving!!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I made a deal with the Lord a longtime ago that I would take him hunting and fishing ever time I go.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
If you knowingly hunt public land that someone else is already hunting, I'd have to call you a dickhead

The biggest dickhead move I have ever seen was a guy pulling his shooting shack to an un-posted field and leaving it there for the entire deer season. The guy gets all pissed when he arrives at his shack to find us sitting around the field. The land is our neighbors and every year we ask him to hunt it and we get his permission. After the shooting shack incident the land is now posted and we do get access. I feel bad now because the owner has to post his land to keep out squatters.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made a deal with the Lord a longtime ago that I would take him hunting and fishing ever time I go.

Well the lord don't decide who sits where in church, so until I get the memo from God, YOU SIT IN FRONT!!!!!

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The biggest dickhead move I have ever seen was a guy pulling his shooting shack to an un-posted field and leaving it there for the entire deer season. The guy gets all pissed when he arrives at his shack to find us sitting around the field. The land is our neighbors and every year we ask him to hunt it and we get his permission. After the shooting shack incident the land is now posted and we do get access. I feel bad now because the owner has to post his land to keep out squatters.
Blind or stand on private without permission = First Class Dickhead. Glad you guys still have permission

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If he is sitting in the stand all day during the gun season hoping to get a chance at a buck because of the increased deer movement he should have nothing to complain about.
what would that matter?

- - - Updated - - -

the original question from page one is regarding 1 bow hunter on public land. usually public land is hundreds if not thousands of acres so one bow hunter sitting in his stand means the rest of the public is supposed to leave it alone.
If you knowingly hunt public land that someone else is already hunting, I'd have to call you a dickhead

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If there is hundreds no thousands of acres of public land I bet it's not a problem. How many public areas up there other than the bad lands are that big

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let’s squash this preseason infighting. Venison is delicious. Try a new recipe this year. Keep the heart, liver, and caul fat if you’re so inclined. I hope everyone who’s a member of this wonderful website shoots well and fills their tag without drama. Good luck!

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a muley tag. And food plots for whitetail around home. This weekend I'll be knitting also. I'll get after it when the weather turns and people lose interest...Good luck to all and treat other hunters how you want to be treated. Pretty simple concept.

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, despite all the pissing and moaning, I’m pretty excited for deer season. My choice of weapon this year is a 120 year old rifle. 3E2 buck tag. Hopefully get it done opening weekend cuz then it’s back to the Big Sky state to try to fill a couple of elk tags. Good luck everyone.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't get drawn so to all you guys gunning this weekend you suck and good luck and leave a few for us unlucky stick hunters who haven't filled there tags yet

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy-peasey, I'll whip you up the "Wookie Special".

Nice sounds warm, this is made out merino wool right?

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s squash this preseason infighting. Venison is delicious. Try a new recipe this year. Keep the heart, liver, and caul fat if you’re so inclined. I hope everyone who’s a member of this wonderful website shoots well and fills their tag without drama. Good luck!

Never keep the organs but this year I said I was going to. Got a go to recipe for heart? And liver I was going to do liver and onions is this right?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's my take on if someone is already hunting where you want to hunt or if I'm hunting a piece of land and someone else moves in on me . Has it became lack of common courtesy, or have some people pounded it into there own head that they have entitlement to said piece of land and titty sprinkle on the next guy? :;:huh Me, if someone is already hunting where I want to, whether bow or gun, I move on to the next spot, if I am hunting a spot and they move in on me, I'm still moving to the next spot. Its hunting people, its not a do or die thing to me. With that being said I've been working for 19 years where I work and know a shit load of farmers and have access to quite a bit of land to hunt, so maybe that makes it different for me.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice sounds warm, this is made out merino wool right?

- - - Updated - - -

Never keep the organs but this year I said I was going to. Got a go to recipe for heart? And liver I was going to do liver and onions is this right?

We usually just cut the heart into strips, fry and salt it a bit. Deliciousness.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51