SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I told my uncle from MN about this proposed law and he said he isn’t going to bother applying for a tag anymore in ND. He said it’s cheaper to hunt in Missouri and you get two deer. He literally said screw them he is not going to put up with that idiocy. This is not going to be good for our economy and will be even worse once it all is automatically posted.

look at the bright side you might get to hunt deer more than once every 8 years with less people coming

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe it reads ag zoned land

From what I comprehend it only changes for those that charge to enter. Not arguing for the sake of argument but just trying to get the facts straight in my own mind.

https://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t53c08.pdf

53-08-05. Failure to warn against dangerous conditions - Charge to enter.This chapter does not limit in any way any liability that otherwise exists for:1. Willful and malicious failure to guard or warn against a dangerous condition, use,structure, or activity; or2. Injury suffered in any case in which the owner of land:a. Charges the person for entry onto the land other than the amount, if any, paid tothe owner of the land by the state; andb. The total charges collected by the owner in the previous calendar year for allrecreational use of land under the control of the owner are more than:(1) Twice the total amount of property taxes imposed on the land for theprevious calendar year; or(2) In the case of agricultural land, four times the total amount of property taxesimposed on the land for the previous calendar year.53-08-06. Duty of care or liability for injury.

Nothing in this chapter may be construed as creating a duty of care or grounds of liability forinjury to person or property. Nothing herein limits in any way the obligation of a person enteringupon or using the land of another for recreational purposes to exercise due care in that person'suse of such land and in that person's activities thereon.

- - - Updated - - -

What the heck, I must be hacked. No idea how the frowny face ended up in the copy and paste.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
A subcommittee consisting of Representatives Schreiber-Beck, Tveit, Dobervich, Heinert, and Zubke met several times throughout the week to work on the bill. The subcommittee is considering amendments proposed by the Game and Fish Department and ND Stockmen’s Association.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was.

Updated April 17, 2018
[FONT=&quot]53-08-05. Failure to warn against dangerous conditions - Charge to enterThis chapter does not limit in any way any liability that otherwise exists for:
1. Willful and malicious failure to guard or warn against a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity; or
2. Injury suffered in any case in which the owner of land:
a. Charges the person for entry onto the land other than the amount, if any, paid to the owner of the land by the state; and
b. The total charges collected by the owner in the previous calendar year for all recreational use of land under the control of the owner are more than:
(1) Twice the total amount of property taxes imposed on the land for the previous calendar year; or
(2) In the case of agricultural land, four times the total amount of property taxes imposed on the land for the previous calendar year.

[/FONT]

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A subcommittee consisting of Representatives Schreiber-Beck, Tveit, Dobervich, Heinert, and Zubke met several times throughout the week to work on the bill. The subcommittee is considering amendments proposed by the Game and Fish Department and ND Stockmen’s Association.
Any info on the amendments that are being pushed?

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
This bill is fricken garbage and wont stop ANY of the problems that landowners deal with/have dealt with. Tresspassers and poachers could give 2 shits whats green/red posted or unposted. Prob just get worse

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This isn’t about existing problems. That’s just a smoke screen. They just don’t want to have to stick signs up.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer why do you lump all farmers into one group mainly money hungry a**holes. I would rather put signs up with my Phone# on the sign then have all land posted. That would be a bigger pain in the a** for hunters and the farmers. I’ve called my reps. and voiced my opinion on this. In my opinion I think most farmers in my area feel the same way. No one in my area charges for hunting that I know of. So watch who you’re bashing. Because I would bet that 90% of us bad guys don’t want this bill to pass!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer why do you lump all farmers into one group mainly money hungry a**holes. I would rather put signs up with my Phone# on the sign then have all land posted. That would be a bigger pain in the a** for hunters and the farmers. I’ve called my reps. and voiced my opinion on this. In my opinion I think most farmers in my area feel the same way. No one in my area charges for hunting that I know of. So watch who you’re bashing. Because I would bet that 90% of us bad guys don’t want this bill to pass!
im not buying 90%. Just read some of the responses from legislators. They’re being inundated by landowners to support it. And I have yet to hear any landowners against this trying to talk sense into those that are for it so because if that they will get lumped together.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you do for a living eyexer? In my area we those guys that think they own all the wildlife are about 10%. There’s no hope in changing their minds. But you are wrong about lumping everyone in the same boat!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

why do land owner lump all hunters into one group just because of a few bad apples, which I would guess to be less than 1%

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anyone hunting in the farmers yard? I never understood the “why don’t City folk have to post their yards” argument.
A section of land with no farm house or building is somehow the same as a .33 acre city lot with a house and couple trees on it? Because if it is I would appreciate the same tax bill as that same .33 acre rate of the out of town one. I also would like to blast the bunny eating my intown shrubs with my .300 ultra mag.
Pitting town against country is ludicrous. And posting all farm land potentially against a land owners will is too. As a land owner, I will decide my property access not some elected bunch of do gooders

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The legislature is running out time to act on Senate Bill 2315 this session. There has to be a reason the Ag Committee is holding back from sending it to the House floor for a vote. That does not look good for sportsmen. Monday, April 1st, they are holding yet another hearing in the Ag committee, the 8th hearing so far on the House side. Never been done before. Are they trying to wear down opposition to this no hunting bill? Maybe the Stockmen don't have the votes they need to pass it yet.

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/bill-actions/ba2315.html

Last edited:

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
i talked to a lobbyist that said one of the big snags is the easement property. he said some are only 8 feet wide and not accessible if posted on both sides. I also heard rumor a lot of backlash from devils lake area for same reasons for shore fishing? Also heard they are trying to drag county auditors into the logistics and operation side, which would be a waste of time and money!! Time to scrap this STUPID idea and move on!!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That or they are delaying so they can do a last minute passage to limit the barrage of flack they’re gonna get.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you do for a living eyexer? In my area we those guys that think they own all the wildlife are about 10%. There’s no hope in changing their minds. But you are wrong about lumping everyone in the same boat!
What I do for a living has nothing to do with this. And as asked above why are hunters always lumped together

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if this bill is simply the Stockmen trying to damage the Game and Fish. If it's a landowners rights bill why do some of them thinkk the Game and Fish should get hit with the bill for the program? It's not only hunters and fishermen that walk on their dirt. Some kid may be trying to pick juneberrys. Maybe some guy is parking with his daughter on the back 40.
I think Obi-Wan is correct about the low number of bad hunters. Maybe I would push that to even 2% at most. I also think the percentages of landowners for the bill or against may be 50/50.
Our problem is the whole country is becoming more divided. I think it started with radical politicians which created a great divide among our citizens. When the pay to play hunting hit North Dakota hunters who paid to hunt see no reason to support those who don't support them and that created another divide. The thought was if we pay $100 per gun at Mott why should we pay again April 15. It started looking to one sided. There appears to be a lot of resentment pushing this bill.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if this bill is simply the Stockmen trying to damage the Game and Fish. If it's a landowners rights bill why do some of them thinkk the Game and Fish should get hit with the bill for the program? It's not only hunters and fishermen that walk on their dirt. Some kid may be trying to pick juneberrys. Maybe some guy is parking with his daughter on the back 40.
I think Obi-Wan is correct about the low number of bad hunters. Maybe I would push that to even 2% at most. I also think the percentages of landowners for the bill or against may be 50/50.
Our problem is the whole country is becoming more divided. I think it started with radical politicians which created a great divide among our citizens. When the pay to play hunting hit North Dakota hunters who paid to hunt see no reason to support those who don't support them and that created another divide. The thought was if we pay $100 per gun at Mott why should we pay again April 15. It started looking to one sided. There appears to be a lot of resentment pushing this bill.

not sure what goes on in your neck of the woods but you might want to explain this one a little bit

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88