Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think these ag groups better realize they should not get in between sportsmen and their access to land otherwise there will be consequences. They already restrict non profits from buying land and have capped any future government land purchases. They also want to sell all public lands and restrict access to the little public lands we already have. They can’t have it all their own way so they better compromise otherwise sportsmen will fight back and take away some of these existing laws. We had a happy medium until the ag groups decided to rock the boat.

I am all for non profits & the state of ND buying land as long as it is for public use. These are archaic laws that might have worked in the past but now only protect an industry that is losing family farms to large scale operations

Jeremy Strommen

The state is at an irrepairable point. The war now between land owners and the rest of North Dakotans is only going to get worse. The Ag community wants all the rules their way and all the breaks you can think of but don’t want to give anything back. Society in general has gotten bad for that but Ag has perfected it. If we don’t real them in we will end up giving them everything they ever seek

So let me ask this, do you think you should have the right to go on any lands? Why is it your right to decide what happens on my land? "Stay the hell off my land unless you have permission" doesn't mean anything to a majority of people who do not own land! You want land to hunt and fish on go buy it or ask permission and always leave it in better shape than you got there. Morals like picking up after yourself dont exist and I'm tired of watching someone wipe out our deer and then leave a bunch of trash in the approach! Not your land, not your decision or right!

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeremy Strommen. honestly asking, how often does that happen? I still argue that the vast majority are respectful and don't enter land they shouldn't be on or litter.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So let me ask this, do you think you should have the right to go on any lands? Why is it your right to decide what happens on my land? "Stay the hell off my land unless you have permission" doesn't mean anything to a majority of people who do not own land! You want land to hunt and fish on go buy it or ask permission and always leave it in better shape than you got there. Morals like picking up after yourself dont exist and I'm tired of watching someone wipe out our deer and then leave a bunch of trash in the approach! Not your land, not your decision or right!
do you think you have the right to all the subsidies and tax breaks/shelters we provide?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
And who owns the game. And subsidizes the otherwise worthless crops. And consumes the cattle. I see your point and agree that landowners have rights, but let’s be realistic.
lets be honest and call a spade a spade. Without subsidies and other taxpayer backed programs how many farms would still on the land..... seriously not being arrogant or snarky. Im asking an honest question here. How many would have gone under and not own the land they are so adament on protecting their “rights” (still have every
”right” to post that same land and control access under current law. I honestly think this is where the beef may be. Farming is a damn risky business. No one is arguing or trying to beat down farmers... but can we be honest about things before we proceed in comprimising solutions down the road? Is leaving some land open to hunting a fair trade for subsidies or disaster payments or
federal crop insurance? Serious question. Usually when someone puts something into the pot(taxes) they wish to gain something
in return. Thats what a potluck is correct? Everyone wins at a potluck dinner. Is it really too much to ask to put up signs(landowner right) in exchange for safety and certainty in an extremely volitile and risky career? Just asking a serious question. This is where the hang up is i believe. In my humble opinion this bill is like suggesting we all have a potluck dinner and only sportsmen are required to bring something(tax dollars) to the table. Potlucks generally suck shit if u are the only one bringing anything. Everybody seriously needs to step back and have a serious honest discussion with themselves. 1. Sportsman need to do alot better job respecting the wishes of landowners who post. 2. Landowners need to realize is it really a big deal if the absentee down the road doesnt post. Or maybe guys could leave a quarter unposted for guys to hunt. Is it really a big deal if someone shoots 5 ducks on your land? If this thing is gunna turn into a money thing it could get alot worse for both side. Both sides need to fkn chill and look at whats really important to keeping north dakota farms in the family.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

they’ve been making signs for that for decades and they generally work great 99% of the time

your land, your decision, your right - nobody’s asking to take that away from you

#anotherredherring

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
guy, I never like to get caught up in the red herrings such as litter, section lines or whatever. Never have any problems.

So how are you coming getting that info on who were the psychical pen to paper signatories of those three conservation and one sportsmen's org that supported 2315?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly which decade was it that you last had your land unposted out there by Sweetbriar! Not a shock when it's a farmer out in gst country!

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
signatories? since when

Nick Simonson said he was asked to sign on but he declined. Asked by whom?

guywhofishes said,
without any signatures, that letter could have been typed up and submitted by anyone - I doubt it’s genuinely from them

if it is, they need to sign their leadership’s names to it

Aren't you curious who gave the green light to support?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey GST, do me next! DO ME NEXT!

You know g*****n well that these landowners participating in “The Lockout” weren’t letting anyone on their land anyhow. Exactly ZERO people who had access last year will be losing it this year as a result of this shitty, awful, disgusting legislation getting shot down. No one was getting on to begin with.

GST: eat a bag of dicks, you pompous sociopath asshole. There’s a reason you’re banned from this site.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t Facebook however, someone showed me that Gimme-Gimme Gabe quotes my parodies of his positions.

I have a picture in my mind that depicts Gimme-Gimme Gabe as a Real-Life Yosemite Sam with similar amounts of patience and common sense.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
attempt to manipulate people much?

Visited with a Representative on the phone today. He said the letter from the three conservation orgs was handed to Sen. Erbele and Erbele didn't share the individuals names, only the names of the orgs. Dang.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am all for non profits & the state of ND buying land as long as it is for public use. These are archaic laws that might have worked in the past but now only protect an industry that is losing family farms to large scale operations
I agree. All land purchased by profit or non profit corporations should be open for hunting. Could you imagine a imitated measure to legalize land purchases by corporations if this language was in the bill.

- - - Updated - - -

no one has a right to hunt your land and no one is claiming they should. You obviously don’t want people on your land and it sounds like you post it. This law passing wouldn’t have done thing other than no requiring you to maintain posted signs.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fritz,

I've been biting my tongue for awhile, but I finally have to ask. Do you actually think there is one person here on this entire site (other than maybe Davey Crockett and your friend Jeremy Strommen) who cares what you have to say? You are more transparent than a ghost. How do you find it worth your while to spend so much time on this site?!?!?!?

To the rest of you, for real...just quit replying to these guys and they will go away...I think. I know it's tempting to engage these people but it isn't worth the anguish. I'm sure they will find the pity they seek somewhere else eventually. All of you here with a head on your shoulders know they are talking nonsense. They know they have a quick and simple avenue to keep people off their land as it is. No doubt they use it already, so why they waste their time threatening to do what they already do boggles my mind. There are Lots of great friendly ranchers, farmers, and landowners all across the countryside. Spend your time talking to them rather than these crybabies.

I know the first part of my post goes against my advice to not engage these people who are just trying to get a reaction, but watch how I don’t reply to ol’ what’s his Fritz when he starts yapping or Davey Crock O’ Shit or whoever gets uptight first.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gabe is now threatening Vollmer saying he won’t want his name tied to his website. Fuck you Gabe

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33