C5FA3D07-481A-4FDC-9D86-8C4EDB302551.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

;:;popcorn

Attachments

IMG_20200304_222756567.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
"In hindsight that's something I wish I hadn't refused," Baesler said when asked why she didn't take a breathalyzer or blood test (she says she did agree to a field sobriety test). She says she was "confused" about what the officer was asking her to do, and knows little about DUI laws.

meh... knows little about DUI laws - but knows to refuse - regrets it now - meh

- - - Updated - - -

why not just own it? I'll never understand politicians

I don’t know man. she sat down to talk about it, and with Rob Port who isn’t exactly a friend to politicians. Seems to be owning it.

As far as refusing a breathalyzer, I didn’t know that lead to a license suspension. My natural instinct would be to decline the breathalyzer outright and shut my mouth until an attorney was present. .08 is a baseline. You can blow less and still get a DUI or the breathalyzer could get a false positive and read too high.

Still don’t trust this lady, but I could see her point.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
"knows little about DUI laws" is a flat out lie

lying is not owning it - at least that's what we were taught in the previous century

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Them there Swedish ladies. Yea good for sure. Finer things in life would be hard to find. db

But I go to the monthly legion meeting last night. A handful of 70 year old men, veterans.
One says the second amendment has out live its time, a second says he sees no problem in the government taking all AR, a third says all weapons with a clip should be ban. I make my statement as I drink my old mill. And then you tell me I will not stand alone if that time comes to take a stand. Last night I stood alone with no words from the others there. db

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t know man. she sat down to talk about it, and with Rob Port who isn’t exactly a friend to politicians. Seems to be owning it.

As far as refusing a breathalyzer, I didn’t know that lead to a license suspension. My natural instinct would be to decline the breathalyzer outright and shut my mouth until an attorney was present. .08 is a baseline. You can blow less and still get a DUI or the breathalyzer could get a false positive and read too high.

Still don’t trust this lady, but I could see her point.

That's why they take blood.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s been law for a long time if you don’t submit your getting a dui with suspension. How long that suspension is will be determined by the judge.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
first offense regular - 90 day suspension of license
first offense aggravated (twice the legal limit) - 180 suspension of license
first offense refusal - 180 revocation of license

she can "cure" that 180 day revocation from refusing by foregoing any administrative hearing in an attempt to save her license and pleading guilty to the underlying dui/apc within 25 days of the offense. if she does that, its back down to a 90 day suspension.

if she was shitfaced and likely over 0.16%, refusal may have been the right choice. had she blown and was over .16, she would be facing a 180 day suspension. but, now she can cure the refusal and get it back down to a 90 day suspension. problem with that course of action is that it takes any chance of fighting it altogether out of the equation.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does she drive a state vehicle? What will happen with an SR22 if she drives a state vehicle?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does she drive a state vehicle? What will happen with an SR22 if she drives a state vehicle?

Our companies auto insurance will not allow anyone with a SR22 to drive a company vehicle period.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member

She cannot drive a state fleet vehicle without showing a valid drivers license to the clerk at fleet checkout. However, nothing says she cannot direct someone to drive her everywhere (additional travels costs incurred by the taxpayers) she is scheduled to attend. Yup, double hotel, per diem, incidental expenses, etc. and it wouldn't show up anywhere other than their budget.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
If she was really pie faced it would have been smart to avoid a breathalyzer or blood test. Can you imagine what the circus had she blown a .24 or something crazy? Probably would have made national news...

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
She cannot drive a state fleet vehicle without showing a valid drivers license to the clerk at fleet checkout. However, nothing says she cannot direct someone to drive her everywhere (additional travels costs incurred by the taxpayers) she is scheduled to attend. Yup, double hotel, per diem, incidental expenses, etc. and it wouldn't show up anywhere other than their budget.
I get the driver’s license ordeal but what happens with insurance. She can get her driver’s license back in 180 days but an SR22 stays on your insurance for at least 3 years. How does the state handle SR22’s? I have the same question for my local sheriff that got a DUI last month.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure she will get the star treatment and won't get half of the punishment that a "normal" citizen would.

She will also be reelected. Why party affiliation matters for her position, I have no idea.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 236
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66