Pittbull breed, what do you think?

Bobkat

Established Member
Is that a dog or an owner problem? most people dont properly make their dogs walk on lead you even see idiots with harness because their dogs pull which that just encourages it. Put a pinch collar on most of these dogs and a week with some one that has any knowledge and you fix alot of these problems. Its like people thinking dogs are born gun shy there not owners make them. If people were honest and breed responsibly dogs who were genetically inclined to be aggressive they would not be breed. I know there are labs both males and females who were very good field trail dogs that got their career cut short and never bred because they showed those traits. Its a human problem alot of the people who own the big powerful dogs have no business owning them. People have such low standards that they get their dogs in trouble by not holding them accountable.
Agree Kurt. It’s both an owner and a dog problem! U make great points about a dog genetically bred to be aggressive. If such a dog is necessary for an owner, it then behooves the owner to take special efforts to train them properly.
A good example - Dog gurus are predicting bad things for the Belgium Malinois. There’s been a lot on the internet lately about how intelligent different breeds are, and the malinoisseems to come out on top every time. Excellent dogs for what they have been bred for, better than shepherds, etc. but they caution that only owners with goodtrain8ng skills get one, police and security depts, etc. they are NOT family dogs, though there are malinois that do fit that too, but most don’t. So in a few years I predict we’ll see a lot of “ smart dogs- stupid owners” resulting in a lot of talented but untrained high energy dogs raising heck. Similar to the Pit story.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree Kurt. It’s both an owner and a dog problem! U make great points about a dog genetically bred to be aggressive. If such a dog is necessary for an owner, it then behooves the owner to take special efforts to train them properly.
A good example - Dog gurus are predicting bad things for the Belgium Malinois. There’s been a lot on the internet lately about how intelligent different breeds are, and the malinoisseems to come out on top every time. Excellent dogs for what they have been bred for, better than shepherds, etc. but they caution that only owners with goodtrain8ng skills get one, police and security depts, etc. they are NOT family dogs, though there are malinois that do fit that too, but most don’t. So in a few years I predict we’ll see a lot of “ smart dogs- stupid owners” resulting in a lot of talented but untrained high energy dogs raising heck. Similar to the Pit story.
Yep that movie with the Mal with Channing Tatum has already caused alot of people to find out they are not suited to own one. The one thing good is Mal breeders are a group that holds new owners pretty accountable and wont just sell to any one. Problem will be when the back yard ass holes find out they can make money. Watching protection games like k9 street league its amazing what those dogs can do. I would have thought pits would be a good dog for that but they are not because they get intimidated by body posture so easily. A jet black Dutch Shepard would be a dream dog but i dont have the skill or knowledge to handle one of those fur missiles. I like listening to podcast with trainers from the protection world as they do things different but there is always some thing to be learned if you are open to it. I was told by a trainer who is in his mid seventies and been doing it since he was 20 that he still learns something every time he trains with other trainers.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the owners liability insurance covers a dog attack or if these cases end up in civil lawsuit to cover medical bills ? Or what happens if the owner doesn't have insurance or money ?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the owners liability insurance covers a dog attack or if these cases end up in civil lawsuit to cover medical bills ? Or what happens if the owner doesn't have insurance or money ?
This is just what I have heard . But home owners covers it I’m sure you get dropped after it and rates go through the roof. I have seen where a bunch of places require proof of insurance to register the dog but I can imagine most shit bags don’t follow the rules. They can’t handle a dog I would suspect they don’t handle other parts of their life worth a shit.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
These people are crazy if this woman was walking on a public sidewalk and the pitbull was not on a leash in the owners yard, she has all the justification to terminate the dog life. Now this woman who has owned the pitbull will most likely cause such a stink over her own negligence that future responsible dog owners will have to jump through more red tape to be able to own a dog.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74