Kobe Bryant

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
See I liked Kobe because he was an exceptional athlete as well as team member, Phil Jackson came to LA because he could see that Kobe had the drive and dedication to become an elite player like jordan for example. When LA traded for Shaq, I thought for sure they were going to be the next dynasty in basketball. Kobe single handedly ruined that dream by ruining his career by rape allegations, even if this was not or was true Kobe should've paid her off before it became a circus act. What really made me lose respect for him was when he stated that he wasn't the only one to sleep around with other woman. After that the rest is history

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/29/sports/sp-bryant29

20 years old. Multi millionaire. 99% of us would be burying the ding dong in a different dohnut every night.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
See I liked Kobe because he was an exceptional athlete as well as team member, Phil Jackson came to LA because he could see that Kobe had the drive and dedication to become an elite player like jordan for example. When LA traded for Shaq, I thought for sure they were going to be the next dynasty in basketball. Kobe single handedly ruined that dream by ruining his career by rape allegations, even if this was not or was true Kobe should've paid her off before it became a circus act. What really made me lose respect for him was when he stated that he wasn't the only one to sleep around with other woman. After that the rest is history

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/29/sports/sp-bryant29

When Payten retired this year I felt the pain of losing a friend who i could appreciate for his drive to go out there and perform 100 percent every game. Jeff Gordon was another exceptional competitor who was always fun to watch. These people tells us that even though they can't perform at a high enough caliber to stay in the game, we can hope to find new star players to rout for on the big screen.

- - - Updated - - -

20 years old. Multi millionaire. 99% of us would be burying the ding dong in a different dohnut every night.
No doubt BUT you never rat out your friends or co workers Never Airing out dirty laundry that is not your laundry is not acceptable no matter who you think your are.

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
image.jpg

One of my favorites.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huge Kobe fan here, gonna miss watching him big time. All you haters can suck it. Haha joking.......kinda. The mans got 5 rings show him the respect he deserves.

- - - Updated - - -

60 pts!!!!! Not a bad way to go out. Kobes the man!!!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
37 years old. You could tell he was exhausted. It was vintage Kobe though. Awesome to watch.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think old bulls and today's warriors would be a good game. And I am probably being too hard on kobe. I do enjoy his beef.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate the yankees, but I was sad to see Jeter and Rivera retire. Not a broncos or colts fan, but peyton was a hell of a player and a good person so it was unfortunate he had to retire. I'm glad he did as I'd hate for people to start remembering him for his ability this last season. I was a kid in the late 80's/early 90's and, like everyone else, was a bulls fan. Sad to see jordan retire, come back, retire, play for the wizards and then retire again. Kobe, although one of the greatest to every play the game, was always a bit self-centered and never opened up to the public. I watch approximately zero minutes of NBA so I won't know much of a difference.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
MLB is unwatchable.

Im a diehard basketball junkie. NBA is fantastic!
You should watch some games from the 70's and 80's and compare to today. You'll see what I mean. If you haven't been exposed to different era's you don't know any better lol

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20161125-232505.jpg

One of my favorites.

Compare these NBA wussies to an NHL player, then we can talk. I remember in the 80's when a goalie got his jugular sliced open by a skate and asked the medics if they could have him fixed up by the next period. Those guys are actually tough.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
You should watch some games from the 70's and 80's and compare to today. You'll see what I mean. If you haven't been exposed to different era's you don't know any better lol

Ive just never bern a baseball guy.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with ya bogey. Those hockey players are legit.

Golfers might be right up there with basketball players. Tiger took a wedge to the noggin a couple years ago and he still isn't playing right. come on man.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Compare these NBA wussies to an NHL player, then we can talk. I remember in the 80's when a goalie got his jugular sliced open by a skate and asked the medics if they could have him fixed up by the next period. Those guys are actually tough.

Clint Malarchuk. I was going to post that but its pretty nasty. Google it if anyone wants to see it.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love basketball, always have, don't watch all that much anymore with kids I get a ton of Mickey Mouse and Alvin. I saw the last min of the lakers first half and said if I was in vegas I'd put a ton on the Lakers. They were 12 1/2 pt dogs. No way was the NBA going to let that happen. During David Stern's career he got every possible marquee matchup he could have. The odds are almost too great for that to be a coincidence. I try not to be a conspiracy guy but it really turns a guy off. When Gasol was traded to the Lakers I'm pretty sure that trade would not have been allowed to any other team.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53