Kobe Bryant

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
FB_IMG_1460675243309.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep they need to win four more to be in the conversation. And they have to be three in a row or better if they win four straight that will bump them up. Why would they double those two Jordan and pipen would single up and shut them down. I know defense isn't what you kids like but they both were all pros at it.

Where is the love for the worm :;:huh

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really think it's impossible to say. Both teams are a product of their respective eras. The Warriors would play more physical if they were in the 90s because they would have to and the Bulls team would have nothing stopping them from driving through the paint if they played in this era. As fun as it is to argue about it, each team would have adjusted if playing in the other's respective era. You'll just have to match the 96-97 Bulls against the 15-16 Warriors in NBA 2K17 to find out.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
As much as I like 80s and 90s basketball it's just not logical to compare eras like that. Guys today are bigger, faster, and stronger. It isn't even close. It's only going to continue that way until humans hit the wall. The guys coming in have been trained since they were in kindergarten and many of them with the best facilities and science helping the whole way. The speed now is lightning compared to 29 years ago with the same increase in power. Jordan is the best ever but there's guys who are so much better defenders than he ever played against. Same goes for other sports, football for instance could go the way of two hand touch soon, the size, speed, and technique is getting very close to causing bigger collisions than the human body can handle.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could possibly look slower than watching Jordan and Barkley shoot turn-around fade aways for 48 min. Barkley is still awesome though he was my favorite.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've wondered about humans ever hitting a wall as u say.

Will people just keep breaking records forever? I'm talking like physical records. (100 meter dash, jumping and such).

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
I've wondered about humans ever hitting a wall as u say.

Will people just keep breaking records forever? I'm talking like physical records. (100 meter dash, jumping and such).
Possibly, I'm guessing Curry will hit 500 3 pointers next season along with breaking the record of 12 in a game and have a game in the high teens. On a side note, I will break the ND state record brown trout out of the tail race with a 40 pounder in 2016.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't watch pro basketball or football anymore, very few act like they've done it before. Mike Tyson was the best at acting like a professional, watch some of his old fights, he'd knock a guy out and just walk to his corner like he's done it before. The dreadlocks and tattoos are out of control, real role models.
Seriously? I was probably on of Mike Tysons biggest fans until he started acting like a complete d-bag.

YATYAS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the average player in the NBA today is much better than 30 years ago.

Its human nature to think that players in the past were better than the players today. Uncle Rico could throw a football over that mountain.
. I agree with this. When I was a kid I had a poster with the 50 greatest players of all time. Many being from the 80s and 90s. I think most of those guys could be replaced with more recent players. Maybe not statistically because teams have more over all skill today and that makes personal achievement more difficult. I still prefer to watch the games on NBA classics. Maybe the games today seem boring because the playing field is a little more even.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
The more I think about it, I would definitely say this warriors team would sweep the 72-10 bulls team. Just don't think Mike and pip would have enough help.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Not comparing rings. Comparing this one season warrior team against the 72-10 bulls team. Warriors have too many weapons. Tough to beat a team that can put 120 points up a night with ease and have 70 point halves on a regular bases. I think the biggest blow they give is when they go off and go on 12-15 point runs in 90 seconds, like I said they just shoot u off the court and usually take hope away before halftime most games.As great as Jordan and pip were as defenders, it would be foolish to say curry and thompson (two of the fastest shooters) would be unable to get there shots. Curry has proven he can get his shot whenever and against whoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Support as in scoring help because thats how u win the game. That bulls team had who? Ron Harper, Rodman. Good defenders but shitty shots. Curry and Thompson hit the bench and the support that comes in keeps the momentum going. This warriors team is the best offensive and 3 point shooting team in the history of the NBA and there's just too many stats to argue that.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Patriots when 18 and 1 every one remembers the one. Regular seasons records mean nothing with out the ring at the end. Jordan scores 30 a game curry came into the season averaging 20, pipen 16 per game Thompson 17 bulls defend better. Bulls rebound better, bulls play as a team better, bulls have better coach, GS shoots 3 better and dribble maybe better.

If golden state does not win a championship it is a season that everyone remembers them for that. With that San Antonio is only team that has a chance in the watered down weak nba

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
I'm not talking about the spurs or the patriots. I'm not talking about all 6 seasons and titles. I'm specifically speaking of the 72-10 team and this year's Warriors. I'm also not talking about who averaged more when they first came into the league. Now when u say the bulls played as a team better u lost me. Warriors seem pretty unselfish and have yet to see one really ride another or any disputes, seem to get along better than any other team I've seen. Now go back and watch Jordan and pippen ride some of them guys. Pippen liked chewing ass. Now Kurt, u would say that's cause they were trying to make everyone else great around them. Curry and Thomas don't need to rip into there guys because the whole team is already great .

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Championships are all that matters. Regular season for show post season for doe. I like greatness and greatness comes with longevity and GS has a long ways to go. Yep they won the most games..........meh

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was not a bulls fan but I would say the 72-10 bulls team would eat the Warriors. Was not the biggest Jordan fan either but nobody in the nba right now is even comparable. Jordan was lights out on both ends of the court.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 152
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53