? Jet ski accident strawberry lake ?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it had a functional kill switch and he didn't use it? : (

They need to rename them Kill Prevention switches.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
A slap on the wrist is all the driver of the jetski is getting?!? I get it was an accident but he made that decision to operate with out the kill switch hooked up. bullshit

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you use the kill switch in your boat? I for one have never have

A slap on the wrist is all the driver of the jetski is getting?!? I get it was an accident but he made that decision to operate with out the kill switch hooked up. bullshit

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you use the kill switch in your boat? I for one have never have

I have not used the one in my boat however, I would say the odds of me falling out of my boat while underway compared to falling off a jetski are about 1000:1. I guess I am a bit more upset over this due to the fact that my daughter is turning 10 next week which is the age of the victims.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't wish bad things to people but holly what a fail of justice. How wasn't this involuntary manslaughter.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
If he wore the kill switch landyard their would be no reason for a MOB system inthe first place. Very sad.

CranknTFX

I wear my kill switch tether every time I'm on plane. I was thrown out of my boat at about 47 mph. No tether, no life jacket and a passenger in the boat. Luckily when I popped out of the water the back of my seat that I broke off was floating. When I located my boat it was in the middle of the lake doing circles at wot! My buddy that was with me was strong enough to hold on and get the boat shut down. I learned my lesson. I was really sore and bruised up for a week. If it would've happened earlier in the week when my boy was with I might not be able to tell this story. Always wear your lanyard! Never know what's going to happen and to who!

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always wear my kill switch lanyard in the boat. I have never been thrown from a boat, but I know a couple dudes that were, one of em is lucky to still be alive. His experience changed my habits and I wear the lanyard now, including a life jacket. Live and learn............ you never know whats going to happen

Last edited:

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
In these kinds of incidents, I have the one conscience on my shoulder saying "he should get jail time" and the other saying "it was a horrible accident, the guy could have prevented it but what good is jail time going to do?" Terrible deal any way you look at it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 177
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84