• Nay!

Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Look i'm not going to try and sway your opinion anymore because its clearly set. I will tell you this, when your kid hits middle school in Bismarck no matter how much you've sheltered him from Alcohol, Weed etc. It will all be readily available to him. In fact unregulated weed is actually easier to come by than the regulated alcohol. You can buy weed from the kid sitting next to you in class, alcohol you actually have to find somebody over 21 to buy for you. Many kids just start using the easier to get weed. Keeping weed illegal will in no way keep it from your kids.

So your argument is kids will do it anyway and its available to them we should just make it legal so they can use it safely? In that case we should just close down an area of town take away all rules of the road and allow them to run around and drive recklessly because they're going to do it anyway. And I thought the kids under 21 were not able to have this so they would be breaking the law the same as they would be breaking the law now. To say that this is a safer alternative is not a solid argument

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your argument is kids will do it anyway and its available to them we should just make it legal so they can use it safely? In that case we should just close down an area of town take away all rules of the road and allow them to run around and drive recklessly because they're going to do it anyway. And I thought the kids under 21 were not able to have this so they would be breaking the law the same as they would be breaking the law now. To say that this is a safer alternative is not a solid argument

It very much is a solid argument whether you’re willing to accept it or not. If someone who is 21 wants to partake in marijuana in a legalized state, they go into a state approved dispensary and buy pure marijuana that was grown by a state approved grower. Sorry but that is leaps and bounds safer than buying it from a dealer on the corner who maybe covers it with meth,coke,pcp or whatever bath salts he cooked up in his damn bathroom. There’s no way to make it a perfect law. We’ve seen what alcohol has done but it’s still a decision that any adult can make. We’ve tried the reefer madness way since the 50’s and it’s a failure. It’s time to try a more level headed approach. Now cue more of the well let’s just make heroin and cocaine legal then arguments that make no damn sense at all.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well we have the ultimate case study with Canada legalizing. I expect no matter what the villanizing of young people and anyone who supports that evil lettuce will continue here in ND. Meanwhile what is really happening is a record number of people are overdosing from legal opioids.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe this is "the better option" but the closet smokers are hiding behind the "freedom" or "stick it to the legislature" argument so the can get something they want and not look like a pot head.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

So are you standing behind your claim and opinion that all
supporters of M3 are pot heads and closet smokers ? This is a simple yes or no question with discussion to follow .

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve decided I’m not going to vote for this measure. Let MN and MT legalize this first. What a nauseating debate.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Davey:
Medical pot is one thing and it is serious and we need to find a way they can get it legal if they want and need it.

But the recreation:
Its just the pot heads need to go into another land now and then with peace and loving. Not sure if that is a yes or no but I would answer no. But as I think on it maybe yes. db

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe this is "the better option" but the closet smokers are hiding behind the "freedom" or "stick it to the legislature" argument so the can get something they want and not look like a pot head.[/B]

So are you standing behind your claim and opinion that all
supporters of M3 are pot heads and closet smokers ? This is a simple yes or no question with discussion to follow .[/QUOTE]

Imo I would say some are yes but not all. If you took my comment to refer specifically to you it was not directed to one individual but a few who fall in that category. They know who they are aren't. Looking at some of the arguments it appears that some have tried liked it or currently doing it and are ok with it and think it should be legalized because they didn't have a bad experience and want to partake "responsibly" and "legally.

- - - Updated - - -

For guys that dont partake of ever have but are voting yes because of freedom I want to understand how adding potential problems more legislatively involvement is a path to more freedom. Just because you legalize it doesnt meen all violations of marijuana go away. You just will add more laws on regulations and more ways for people to violate the law on a legal product. This type of thought would be the same as saying once proabition went away there should be no more problems with booze. But look at this day and age and the laws that were added and violated and clog up the courts and take away precious time of LEO. Cause they could be doing something better than having a dozen officers at a DUI checkpoint for 8 hours

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
You’ve changed my vote. Let’s not pass this and on top of it it’s time to outlaw alcohol again. There’s no positives to it. No medical value and it ruins lives. It’s time for a change

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You’ve changed my vote. Let’s not pass this and on top of it it’s time to outlaw alcohol again. There’s no positives to it. No medical value and it ruins lives. It’s time for a change

There will be cops out of work because they won’t have to run checkpoints on a Friday! Think of the jobs lost!

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I've stated I think there is medical value in it and that measure passed but we're discussing recreational use. And yes I think it has a potential to ruin lives same as booze.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be cops out of work because they won’t have to run checkpoints on a Friday! Think of the jobs lost!

Lol. First it was cops are too busy we should legalize pot so they could focus on stronger drugs. But now if they didn't have to worry about check points they will be without work. So by that logic the harder drug was alcohol.;:;rofl

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've stated I think there is medical value in it and that measure passed but we're discussing recreational use. And yes I think it has a potential to ruin lives same as booze.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. First it was cops are too busy we should legalize pot so they could focus on stronger drugs. But now if they didn't have to worry about check points they will be without work. So by that logic the harder drug was alcohol.;:;rofl

The harder drug is alcohol imo

- - - Updated - - -

Also my tongue was firmly in my cheek

- - - Updated - - -

Not about alcohol being the stronger more devastating drug.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Achucker I see that you care and don’t want a society of drug abusers. If you do really care you should try to help those who need it like meth addicts, alcoholics, or people who can’t quit the pills. This anti-marijuana bandwagon won’t change the existing drug problems that are flaming like wildfire.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For guys that dont partake of ever have but are voting yes because of freedom I want to understand how adding potential problems more legislatively involvement is a path to more freedom. Just because you legalize it doesnt meen all violations of marijuana go away. You just will add more laws on regulations and more ways for people to violate the law on a legal product. This type of thought would be the same as saying once proabition went away there should be no more problems with booze. But look at this day and age and the laws that were added and violated and clog up the courts and take away precious time of LEO. Cause they could be doing something better than having a dozen officers at a DUI checkpoint for 8 hours

The guys that are already using it and break the law always will, We can build 1000 new jails on taxpayers money and fill them up with MJ users and the problem will be the same. I'll pass on that idea, I am being taxed to death as it stands .

https://www.ndaco.org/ndaco-news/nd-county-jail-construction-update/

The ones that don't use it either medically or recreationally won't as long as it's illegal because of morals and because the risk isn't worth it. This prohibition is punishing the good guys the same way the booze prohibition did.

The way medical is set up is a disgrace and a slap in the face , I'm not turning the other cheek to dictatorship. They annihilated the medical MJ measure and they should be tarred and feathered for it, That bullshit needs to be nipped in the bud or they will do it again on another issue.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Achucker I see that you care and don’t want a society of drug abusers. If you do really care you should try to help those who need it like meth addicts, alcoholics, or people who can’t quit the pills. This anti-marijuana bandwagon won’t change the existing drug problems that are flaming like wildfire.

Agreed but I believe that pot falls it the same category as above and has the same potential hazard in people with addictive tendencies. I realize it may not be as chemically addictive as say meth but I think you will see people addicted to the stuff and it runs their lives and maybe stay away from other drugs or alcohol for their addictive traits. No win. If people want to use it responsibly go to Canada

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread has helped. If this thing does pass, I have a pretty good idea of who to bum some off if I ever desire to do some blazing.;)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chucker people aren’t going to buy their weed in Canada because they can’t bring it across the border. You would be amazed at how many drive to Colorado now to get it. If people would get this fired up to try to thwart our existing issues that would be amazing.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
interesting statistic I saw the other day. It costs ND tax payers around 40,000 a year to keep one person in prison for 1 full year. last year there were about 500 people that served a full year for marijuana related crimes (im sure some were non violent while others were violent). So, That was a cost of 20 million to the taxpayers. Just something to think about.

An extra 20 million we could hire more LEO's, game wardens, help with property tax relief, fix some more roads, put some into schools. AND that is just the cost of keeping them in jail, not the cost of the judges time, jury time, LEOs time etc.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
interesting statistic I saw the other day. It costs ND tax payers around 40,000 a year to keep one person in prison for 1 full year. last year there were about 500 people that served a full year for marijuana related crimes (im sure some were non violent while others were violent). So, That was a cost of 20 million to the taxpayers. Just something to think about.

An extra 20 million we could hire more LEO's, game wardens, help with property tax relief, fix some more roads, put some into schools. AND that is just the cost of keeping them in jail, not the cost of the judges time, jury time, LEOs time etc.

Of those 500 people how many were ONLY por related.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This thread has helped. If this thing does pass, I have a pretty good idea of who to bum some off if I ever desire to do some blazing.;)

It's good to hear this thread has helped. It has been a great debate (other than when name calling came in) and great points on both sides. I think it speaks volumes to the character to some of the people on this site. Great job guys. 21 pages and counting of civil debate!:;:duel

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 17