SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
Below is part of the email I received from Kathy Skroch, District 26 Representative

Please pay special attention to the second paragraph and take note of her view on hunters!!!

Posting land is time consuming and often involves much travel to reach various plots of land. Then when hunting season is over, every sign needs to be removed which involves a repeat of the same time and labor commitment. Then, all a trespasser needs to do is pull down a sign and claim they didn’t see it. With that, if caught, they can not be charged with a trespass violation. My husband and I have experienced this personally. We have friends who have had similar experiences.

Peoplewho own lots in town are not required to place “No Trespassing” signs on theirlawns or lots. It is assumed that individuals are not permitted to simply entertheir property. I wonder how they would feel if during parade season (vshunting season) we arrived with our ATV, parked on their lawn and pitched atent, started up our grill, ate, drank beer and threw the cans and our trash ontheir lawn, shot their dog for target practice and as we left did a 6” deepburnout on their freshly planted grass.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
how many laws were broken in her scenario?

and how would 2315 prevent or disuade someone from doing what is described?

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Retards

- - - Updated - - -

Bottom line is they simply don’t want to take the time to post it. But they don’t want to Admit that so they make up stupid ass stories

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Below is part of the email I received from Kathy Skroch, District 26 Representative

Peoplewho own lots in town are not required to place “No Trespassing” signs on theirlawns or lots. It is assumed that individuals are not permitted to simply entertheir property. I wonder how they would feel if during parade season (vshunting season) we arrived with our ATV, parked on their lawn and pitched atent, started up our grill, ate, drank beer and threw the cans and our trash ontheir lawn, shot their dog for target practice and as we left did a 6” deepburnout on their freshly planted grass.

Wow. How do you respond to something so stupid?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
That response from her should be put in her local newspaper. Let the voters know just what they voted for.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. How do you respond to something so stupid?

Ask her to provide a citation to the code she's referencing...because she's wrong.

Absent a city ordinance that is more restrictive, you don't have to post structures, but if you want to keep people off your lawn you can either a) post it or b) tell them to get off it when they show up. The problem with a lot of lawmakers is that they don't even look at the laws they're changing to see if there's even a problem to start with, or to gain an understanding of what's in place.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the response as well from her. and gave her a nice reply... She is better suited going back to driving school buses than making laws. I am more than happy with the responses I got from my local reps, oddly enough I will probably be voting dem to keep them in office

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am at the point that our elected people just listen to the guy with the fat envelope at supper time.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So littering, shooting dogs, and camping on farms has been legal all this time?

tenor.gif

Saint Hubert

That was a ridiculous reply from an elected official. It never ceases to amaze me the level of stupidity of the people that make the decisions that affect thousands of people.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
That response from her should be put in her local newspaper. Let the voters know just what they voted for.

Ransom County Gazette
Whapeton Daily News

I'll chip in $$ if someone wants to tackle this. But it's not my district so I'm not going to do it.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's funny is that this happens to us in town all the time. Kids run across our lawn and bike across it. Dogs shit in our yard and piss on our trees. During the marathon, hundreds of people put up lawn chairs to watch the racers.

It really doesn't bother me. If it did, I'd say something.

I feel that's how a majority of landowners are who don't routinely post their property. As long as someone isn't doing the horrible things in the scenario that official emailed about, I'd rather be left alone. If it got out of hand, I'd post my property. Pretty simple.

And if these folks have that much of an issue with trespassers, poachers and vandalizers (which, from what I can tell, is the situation they're describing) call the cops! File charges! Even if your land isn't posted, folks don't have a right to wreck your shit.

This new law, if passed, will do nothing to curb the aforementioned "bad eggs." So when nothing changes, then what do they do?

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member

Thereare some very good properties in SB 2315. There has been false and distortedinformation circulated about this bill. I have the privilege of hearingtestimony about it in the Ag Committee tomorrow and will know much more then. Iwas able to listen to testimony when it was heard in the Senate Ag Committee.The committee will work to make improvements. Every bill evolves throughout thevetting process including conference committee work where final versions arehammered out and language refined.

Posting land is timeconsuming and often involves much travel to reach various plotsof land. Then when hunting season is over, every sign needs to beremoved which involves a repeat of the same time and labor commitment. Then,all a trespasser needs to do is pull down a sign and claim they didn’t see it.With that, if caught, they can not be charged with a trespass violation. Myhusband and I have experienced this personally. We have friends who have hadsimilar experiences.

People who own lots in town arenot required to place “No Trespassing” signs on their lawns or lots. It isassumed that individuals are not permitted to simply enter their property. Iwonder how they would feel if during parade season (vs hunting season) wearrived with our ATV, parked on their lawn and pitched a tent, started up ourgrill, ate, drank beer and threw the cans and our trash on their lawn, shottheir dog for target practice and as we left did a 6” deep burnout on theirfreshly planted grass.

With this law, we can bothlimit unwanted trespass and enhance access for hunters, trappers and soforth. This has been a nagging issue for years that has not been addressed inpart because land owners are a minority. A solution is long overdue and I hopepeople will keep an open mind while SB 2315 works its way through the process.Then, every bill is required to have an up or down vote.
Thank you for reaching out tome. Please keep in tough.
Kindly,

RepresentativeKathy Skroch
District26

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure posting it in the local rag will move the ball very far in this matter. People will just twist it into "hunter extremism". Then again, people like that can twist just about anything.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
at least she took the time to write back her actual thoughts - I'll give her that. Most don't answer at all or copy/paste some canned BS.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the hell is she talking about when she says all signs have to be removed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82