Emmons County Break-Ins

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prison time for crimes is an interesting topic. In my corner of the world there's a guy getting out on parole after serving 23 years of a 100 year sentence for MURDER and RAPE. His cousin who participated in the rape and shooting, did less than 10 because he rolled over and helped get the other cousin. But only after a bitter divorce, his mother-in law ratted him out. Both roamed free for 15 years before the bitch blabbed. I say bitch because she knew, and only when her daughters divorce she comes out and turns him in.

So how can you justify a guy having to sit that long for being a thief? IDK, its a slippery slope. These cousins were only 16 or 15 years old when they committed this unbelievable crime.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently there are 25 felony counts and 11 misdemeanors and I have heard he had 44 stolen guns among all of the other stuff.

It only mentions vacant properties in the articles I've seen. Who would leave guns in vacant farmstead properties?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone trying to steal my firearms is going to find my hand attached to one of them.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not long enough. I'm sure he'll get sentenced to 15 to 20 years, get 3/4 of that suspended, probably spend a max of 2 to 4 years behind bars.
True that, only because the prison's are full now is the reason they never serve out full sentence.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It only mentions vacant properties in the articles I've seen. Who would leave guns in vacant farmstead properties?

He broke into farmsteads where people didn't live but actively stored farm equipment, along with seasonal residences...like those that are only used during hunting season or summer, and he also broke into places like mine that are vacant about 3 or 4 days a week and occupied the others...sort of a "weekend cabin" type of arrangement. Some of the places have people at them more often than not. One of the places he broke into was the house he grew up in (owned by someone else now). Another was the house my mom grew up in. He was stealing from people he knew his whole life. People that no doubt cheered for him at football games, supported him and his community for 34 years.

And with as much stuff he had accumulated in the places he had it stored, and with all of the very public knowledge of the ongoing burglaries and items that had been stolen, I find it very, VERY hard to believe his family didn’t know exactly what was going on. I’m still not convinced he was the sole thief.

I hope there are at least as many people interviewed about this as there were about a 16 pound walleye.

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
He broke into farmsteads where people didn't live but actively stored farm equipment, along with sesonal residences...like those that are only used during hunting season or summer, and he also broke into places like mine that are vacant about 3 or 4 days a week and occupied the others...sort of a "weekend cabin" type of arrangement. Some of the places have people at them more often than not. One of the places he broke into was the house he grew up in (owned by someone else now). Another was the house my mom grew up in. He was stealing from people he knew his whole life. People that no doubt cheered for him at football games, supported him and his community for 34 years.

And with as much stuff he had accumulated in the places he had it stored, and with all of the very public knowledge of the ongoing burglaries and items that had been stolen, I find it very, VERY hard to believe his family didn’t know exactly what was going on. I’m still not convinced he was the sole thief.

I hope there are at least as many people interviewed about this as there were about a 16 pound walleye.

I'm sure he had a partner in crime, but is not choosing to rat him out at this time. If I was part of group involved in something like this, everybody's going down with me.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did I read this right???? A Sheriff pickup was loading up stuff on a trailer???? Wow, a LEO being the criminal nice!
I'm with BBJ, I"m behind our LEO but when they are crooked as hell and lousy at their jobs, they need to be stung from nearest tree.

Unbelievable.

Nothing personal Mort, but THIS is how fake news is spread.

I've been guilty of it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Vacant or seasonally used properties. I wouldn't leave a plastic spoon in a place like these.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think In hind sight, a lot of folks would now agree with you.

However, several of these places were occupied 3 or 4 days or more every week so one would think you wouldn’t have to haul your shit back and forth each time you arrive or leave, guns or otherwise. It takes some BS like this and a person like this to make you rethink everything I guess.

One benefit of this, aside from the fact that people should be getting most of their things back, is that many residents of these communities really beefed up their security systems over the past few months so are better prepared if there is ever a “next time”.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure he had a partner in crime, but is not choosing to rat him out at this time. If I was part of group involved in something like this, everybody's going down with me.

You would make a terrible thief haven't you heard of " honor among thieves"?

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member

Note to self:
Don't let Mort into the gang.

Seriously though it would be really great to see someone with this many charges and crimes actually do some real time for a change. Just wish there was more of a punishment in ND for the crimes.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could care less if he spends 1 day in prison. Just cut off his hands so he can't steal again. Problem solved.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 152
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84