Electronic Posting

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
"When bills on hunting trespass were filed in past sessions, landowners stated an issue of concern was the time and expense of placing signs around their property and sportsmen/women stated they wanted to know who to contact for permission to hunt. This bill addresses both questions and provides a solution."

-
[h=1]Terry Steinwand - Director of Game and Fish[/h]
THIS ASSHOLE NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think GnF probably knew this was passing whether they endorsed it or not...he didn't want to look like the crabby guy in the room.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a landowner and hunter I am embarrassed to say I know almost nothing about this new bill. Judging from this thread and the fact that a law maker proposed it means its probably bad. The hunter side of me after reading alot of peoples ranting on here feels like this is not a good look for hunters. Post after post complaining about landowners bordering almost on a hatred of landowners. I have seen some shit in my day as a landowner. Pulling up to my land on pheasant opener to talk to a crew of hunters already walking my land before me or my family have gotten a chance to hunt. One of them not knowing me or what I look like thinking I was another hunter told me I dont have permission to hunt this and tried kicking me off my own land. Another time people were driving off trail on my land shot a deer in mine that ran 100 yards in the neighbors land were too lazy to drag the deer 100 yards back to the truck, cut all the wires on a double fence so they could drive right up and load it. This being said I'm not stupid enough to paint all hunts with a broad brush because of a few bad apples. I have asked to hunt other landowners land and have sometimes been allowed to hunt and sometimes not. If some land is posted or not is it too much to ask if its alright to be in there? At the bare minimum an owner should have the right to know who is on their land. I wouldn't be balsy enough to help myself to your back yard to look for nightcrawlers in town without asking but apparently there are alot of folks on here that not only don't think they need to ask they think its their right to be on there. I turn very few people down to hunt prairie dogs or coyotes on mine but I just like to know whos in there. Another thing that baffles me are the amount of people the will apply for a unit completely across the state where they know no one. Show up in the middle of deer season and be surprised that they can't find land to hunt on. They must not realize the impression that leaves on a landowner about what kind of hunter they are. I really think if hunters made the effort to ask permission to hunt "before" the season instead of waiting till season was open they might be surprised about their success rate about getting on. Thats all I got proceed to tar and feather me I really don't care.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a landowner and hunter I am embarrassed to say I know almost nothing about this new bill. Judging from this thread and the fact that a law maker proposed it means its probably bad. The hunter side of me after reading alot of peoples ranting on here feels like this is not a good look for hunters. Post after post complaining about landowners bordering almost on a hatred of landowners. I have seen some shit in my day as a landowner. Pulling up to my land on pheasant opener to talk to a crew of hunters already walking my land before me or my family have gotten a chance to hunt. One of them not knowing me or what I look like thinking I was another hunter told me I dont have permission to hunt this and tried kicking me off my own land. Another time people were driving off trail on my land shot a deer in mine that ran 100 yards in the neighbors land were too lazy to drag the deer 100 yards back to the truck, cut all the wires on a double fence so they could drive right up and load it. This being said I'm not stupid enough to paint all hunts with a broad brush because of a few bad apples. I have asked to hunt other landowners land and have sometimes been allowed to hunt and sometimes not. If some land is posted or not is it too much to ask if its alright to be in there? At the bare minimum an owner should have the right to know who is on their land. I wouldn't be balsy enough to help myself to your back yard to look for nightcrawlers in town without asking but apparently there are alot of folks on here that not only don't think they need to ask they think its their right to be on there. I turn very few people down to hunt prairie dogs or coyotes on mine but I just like to know whos in there. Another thing that baffles me are the amount of people the will apply for a unit completely across the state where they know no one. Show up in the middle of deer season and be surprised that they can't find land to hunt on. They must not realize the impression that leaves on a landowner about what kind of hunter they are. I really think if hunters made the effort to ask permission to hunt "before" the season instead of waiting till season was open they might be surprised about their success rate about getting on. Thats all I got proceed to tar and feather me I really don't care.

how many tree rows you got?

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I completely understand what you are saying. I will tell you I WILL NEVER trespass on land I have no right to be on. Ever. That's not even close to having a good time, always looking over my shoulder. I want to enjoy the outdoors in every way possible. I have no hard feelings toward any landowners, I have hard feelings towards people making the laws and lying to good hearted sportsman. I really do hope this all works out, but it's going to be a mess and I think the wardens will really have their work cut out for them. I hope you have a great year Browneye.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
You wont be tarred and feathered, Brown. You are a normal landowner. Thanks for being that way.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brown, the bordering on hatred is for the lawmakers, not the landowners.

I am in both camps - I hunt land that's not posted and I own land. Some is posted while maybe 20% (good hunting) is not.

I just think it's a bad idea to disrupt any opportunities for hunting that were previously available but would become unavailable due to being “posted by default”.

There's countless 1000s of acres of land now where the owners don't mind people hunting - flat out don't care. But those lands could automatically go into the NO HUNTING bin in the future. By default. No trespassing on private land - period. Unnecessarily. And who does that serve??? Nobody. OK, maybe the wildlife - ha ha.

Slobs are always going to trespass and trample landowner rights but 95% of hunters are reasonable/ethical. Once again it's the rabid few on both sides that's driving the wedge.

Did you call the sheriff when you caught trespassers? If not, I sure wish you had.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"When bills on hunting trespass were filed in past sessions, landowners stated an issue of concern was the time and expense of placing signs around their property and sportsmen/women stated they wanted to know who to contact for permission to hunt. This bill addresses both questions and provides a solution."

-
[h=1]Terry Steinwand - Director of Game and Fish[/h]
THIS ASSHOLE NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT

Well technically this statement wasn’t really false. This new posting system does provide the name for the property owner that is posting the land. Terry never said they would make them provide all of their contact information. If I was a landowner I wouldn’t be sharing my address or phone number publicly........

Some of you would also do the exact same thing......

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You think this is hatred towards landowners? This is nothing. Just wait until the effects of this are felt by everybody. Hell 80% don’t even know about it yet. There will probably be an all out war. Support for ag is going right the damn window. Nobody is going to give a flying fuck about landowners/farmers anymore. You think you got garbage laying around now lol. Shits gonna get real damn soon. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if shit gets burnt to the ground. Land tore to shit. Animals poached all over the place to the extent it’ll resemble the vallely boys on a regular basis. Vandalism up the ass. I really think the shits going to hit the fan

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer, you did it again.
download.jpeg

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good Lord eye....if people pull that crap then they were never really hunters or stewards of the land at all. We as a group try to explain to the anti crowd that we as a group work to enjoy hunting all while being good stewards of the land and environment all while working to keep a more balanced population of the animals. Now you’re ready to litter and burn land. I don’t necessarily love all these changes coming down the pike but the bull you’re spitting isn’t helping anything or anyone. Your welcome to your opinion as it is a semi-free country but yuck

Whitetail56

Those of you saying there are less hunters clearly haven't bow hunted the grasslands in the last several years. That's where they all went.
I know some farmers that post all there land and alot and go hunt grasslands also. I think that's bullshit. If you post your own land hunt it and stay out of the open for others.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m simply telling you what I think will happen. You can agree or don’t.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good Lord eye....if people pull that crap then they were never really hunters or stewards of the land at all. We as a group try to explain to the anti crowd that we as a group work to enjoy hunting all while being good stewards of the land and environment all while working to keep a more balanced population of the animals. Now you’re ready to litter and burn land. I don’t necessarily love all these changes coming down the pike but the bull you’re spitting isn’t helping anything or anyone. Your welcome to your opinion as it is a semi-free country but yuck

I don’t think eye was saying he was going to trespass and liter, but rather predict what others are going to do when they find out about the law. He’s not wrong, people are going to be pissed and do whatever they please. Not all of us are ethical sportsmen.....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know I don’t count and all but hunting did not end here when it all went posted and the majority of stuff I kill is on public land but asking to get permission isn’t that hard either. Now that I am getting old it’s even easier to get permission. Landowners seem to let old people on vs kids . Should be no problem for most on here.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You think this is hatred towards landowners? This is nothing. Just wait until the effects of this are felt by everybody. Hell 80% don’t even know about it yet. There will probably be an all out war. Support for ag is going right the damn window. Nobody is going to give a flying fuck about landowners/farmers anymore. You think you got garbage laying around now lol. Shits gonna get real damn soon. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if shit gets burnt to the ground. Land tore to shit. Animals poached all over the place to the extent it’ll resemble the vallely boys on a regular basis. Vandalism up the ass. I really think the shits going to hit the fan

WAT.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

you say the wackiest shit

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93