2023 ND Governors Walleye cup

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone have any info on what the winners were doing? Haven't seen any interviews or info.

YCbtx

Spent 4 days on the east end before the tournament (Alcatraz to Hazen Bay on south side and Stevenson to Berthold on the North). There were a few fish relating to weeds in 20ft but those spots were few and far between. We spent the vast majority of our time graphing before the tourney (learned a lot about spots I've never been or fished), as any of the deep fish we caught would have been in bad shape, and that's where 90% of the fish we found were (35 - 40ft). Come Friday, the fish had slid even deeper (40 - 55ft). The back bays had either colder temps or similar temps to the main lake and were crystal clear. I think things will change a little once they warm up in the next week or two and dying weeds start to stain the water. The fish were back there the weekend before the 4th of July and then that cold snap pushed everything out (for the most part). We saw bait over the entire water column in deeper water but finding bait that was pushed up to 10ft below the surface seemed to have active fish under it almost every time. I will say, this was the smoothest in/out of the water I have experienced at the cup...volunteers did a great job.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84