3 friends slain while preparing to fish at Florida lake

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, sad...what's even sadder is that fact there's alot of SICK Bastards out there, that don't give a hoot who you are. Just be aware of your surroundings boys and who approaches you now a days, especially at night.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure hope the media can turn this into something racial.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Someone might have stumbled on to a drug runner and paid the price.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is why you carry. Time to get back to strapping on the six gun when you get up in the morning. Sad times for sure......

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is why you carry. Time to get back to strapping on the six gun when you get up in the morning. Sad times for sure......

What are the open carry laws in ND ? I know you can legally strap on a holster and 6 shooter but what are the laws as far as where you can and can't go ? I'm out of the loop, I had a CC but decided not to renew a few years ago when there was talk about gun control and questions about who owned guns. I'd think more people with a 6 shooter wrapped up with a belt and holster on the dash of our pickups might send a stronger message .

I like double action wheel guns for safety and simplicity. My wife has never shot a pistol but she could grab a small framed double action wheel gun off the dash and throw lead with little to no training or need for memory recall.

Update: What is considered "loaded" with a wheel gun ?

Last edited:

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are the open carry laws in ND ? I know you can legally strap on a holster and 6 shooter but what are the laws as far as where you can and can't go ? I'm out of the loop, I had a CC but decided not to renew a few years ago when there was talk about gun control and questions about who owned guns. I'd think more people with a 6 shooter wrapped up with a belt and holster on the dash of our pickups might send a stronger message .

I like double action wheel guns for safety and simplicity. My wife has never shot a pistol but she could grab a small framed double action wheel gun off the dash and throw lead with little to no training or need for memory recall.

Update: What is considered "loaded" with a wheel gun ?

Get her a little Glock 26, pull trigger go bang, period. I always have a suppressed Glock 19 in my door, got pulled over when pulling a header back from Canada going 45 mph, showed the HP my driver's license and my ccp, he asked me no questions and said "Have a good day sir". Probably read the First Marine Division sticker and said he can't be that bad.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
being approached unexpectedly while shore fishing at night is creepy af

Knock on wood - happens to me all the time. I fish alone often, from shore. The funny thing is, I often am fishing, and someone will call my name out of the darkness. People come and go at all hours where I fish, and the regulars sort of know each other - by vehicle if nothing else.

One thing I've started to do differently, I unlock and start my vehicle from a ways away. If I have to, I can jump in and leave. The thing I watch out for most, is walking up and starlting a group of guys who are up to no good. I'd rather give them notice that I'm around, rather than surprise them and see something they don't want me to see.

So far though, I've had nothing but positive experiences. That could change though, drastically, in just one night.

- - - Updated - - -

How does that work ? Safety off live round in the chamber ?

I carry a G19 myself, and there is no "safety" per se. Sometimes carry a Springfield XD Mod2, and that has a grip safety. Smaller firearm - both in 9MM.

I used to carry with no hot round in the chamber, but a pal and I had a conversation. He said "you won't have time to rack the slide, if it's in your holster/pocket/etc, if they're already 10 ft away and decide to come at you.". He's right.

So yes, slide racked, round in the chamber.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny to talk about 6 shooters while I'm out on the ranch checking water tanks moving cows around ext. I strap on my 6 shooter I retired the horse for my Honda rancher but the 41 mag Ruger Blackhawk is on my hip I can't say I've walked around town with it on but I've been known to carry it into the gas station a couple times never realize it unless someone gives me a funny look then I realize I didn't take it off lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11