4TH Of July Idiot Awards Thread

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess you have to be older than 25 to have some intelligence.....

CALAIS, Maine (AP) — A 22-year-old man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, killing him instantly, authorities said Sunday.

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend's home in eastern Maine, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety.
Staples, 22, of Calais, a small city on the Canadian border, placed a reloadable fireworks mortar tube on his head and told his friends he was going to light it, McCausland said. But his friends urged him to stop.
"Apparently, he thought that was a great idea," McCausland said. "His friends they thought dissuaded him from doing it, and the next thing they knew, he ignited the fireworks and he was killed instantly."

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw some slack jawed activity on the lake on the 4th . I happily said nothing and bit my tongue...

Deerwatcher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone who thinks that the busiest boating day of the year is the best time to pull kids on tubes and such towable toys on the river where the boat traffic is as congested as it gets. A$$ hat awards should have been handed out for that alone.
Do you own the river and regulate how people want to use it for their recreational use

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
A Fort Yates man died early Saturday morning after being struck in the stomach by artillery shell-style fireworks. Family members of Preston Village Center, 31, confirmed that the incident occurred early in the morning on the Fourth of July.
Gwen Village Center, Preston Village Center's aunt, said that he placed an artillery shell into the firing tube but when it didn't fire he checked on it. She said the tube then toppled and fired the shell into Preston Village Center's stomach.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you own the river and regulate how people want to use it for their recreational use

No but when the dumb bastards are cutting people off and use no common sense they are going to get a kid killed.

- - - Updated - - -

See respones like.do you own the lake are the reason on holidays I stay home. The friken morons have to sit right in the bay where people load and unload. The are millions of.acres of.pristine water to go enjoy but they sit there right in the motherfing way.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
No but when the dumb bastards are cutting people off and use no common sense they are going to get a kid killed.

- - - Updated - - -

See respones like.do you own the lake are the reason on holidays I stay home. The friken morons have to sit right in the bay where people load and unload. The are millions of.acres of.pristine water to go enjoy but they sit there right in the motherfing way.

Spot on! Took the words from me before I could post. Thanks Kurt.:;:thumbsup

I was on Sakakawea on Friday and the River on Saturday the 4th, funny how like you said 99% of the boats and skis were within eye shot of all the bays with a totally open and dead zone once you get 1/2 mile from the shore line. Went to the north side of the lake for a couple hours and only saw a hand full of boats.

The river was idiotic with very young small children on tubes and boards and other boats passing within feet as a lot of times the traffic was that thick, one wrong boat wake and a kid could have been used for chumming.

There are many spots on the river that are safer to do that sort of activity if they dared travel outside eye shot of the main sand bars within a couple miles of the docks.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where else should they pull the kids on tubes

As far away as possible from the ramp to SAFELY enjoy the activities.

I had a birds eye view of Mobridge Indian Creek this weekend. The water was glass all day on the 3rd, and I mean all of it, and a little wind on the 4th. On the 3rd there were lots (50 or more) of pontoons out. The lake is 2+ miles wide and goes to Pierre, and they were all right out by the boat ramp/marina bays. With the PWC and speed boats it looked crazy, but with all the water they seemed to get along ok, since they were out in the middle mostly. Not sure why some of the fishing boats fish the points of Indian Creek with all the traffic, but they are good points. Its not that hard for fishing boats to get through the mess by the campground. I'm not sure how the river by Bismarck handles all that traffic in a river?

Its always been a community on the water by Mobridge. In my youth we would go out on one boat and come back in on another. Just get to the lake and hope for the best if nothing else, might get picked up from shore. We had skills and skied, we didn't just sit on a tube, that's for small kids, unskilled, and fatties. Plus our tubes were actual tractor tubes, no handles. I did see a few skies, a keyboard, and a wakeboard, no one barefooting on that glass though.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
Out at a dam pretty close to as in the middle of nowhere as things get these days and I find this, along with a lot more of the same stashed in the grass pretty much anywhere a trail goes. Picked up what I saw but my guess a rightfully pissed off landowner is going to lock the gates. Tall dry grass besides, these bozos were asking for disaster. High life drinkers nonetheless.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Medical reports now state that the NFL New York Giants defensive end Pierre-Paul has an amputated forefinger. Ya just can't fix stupid!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.inforum.com/news/crime/3...istols-air-during-williston-fireworks-display

WILLISTON, N.D. - Four people spent part of the holiday weekend behind bars for allegedly firing rounds into the air and at a highway as the city’s fireworks display exploded in the background

Krissy Sistrunk, Aaron Newman, Alexandra Mullen and Daniel Barton were caught on video firing two pistols near Home Place Lodge and Suites in Williston just after 11 p.m. on Saturday night, court records show.
One witness filmed the episode while another called 911 as Sistrunk, Newman, Mullen and Barton fired a Sig 9x19mm pistol and a Ruger .45ACP pistol into the air and at West Dakota Parkway, according to the record. Officers arrived at the hotel and found multiple spent shell casings in the area. Witnesses estimated that 25 rounds were fired, and told police that Barton periodically reloaded the guns during the alleged shooting spree.
The four were all charged with reckless endangerment, a class C felony, and the discharging of a firearm within city limits, the record says.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember when that was done on New Years Eve all over the country. I met in kid in College who took a random bullet while walking in downtown Minneapolis. What goes up, must come down.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gave serious consideration to shooting my dinner last weekend. Eurasian doves were like locusts. But alas, being an adult got the best of me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84