Bitcoin

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s a beautiful thing! If you bought XRP back in January when I was screaming it, you are ~8x today. +22% on BTC if you bought the 0.618 zone I shouted out 3 weeks ago!

I buy crypto on Coinbase, Kraken, Binanace US, and small cap coins on uniswap. Nothing stays in exchanges. I move it all to my Exodus wallet and hold my private keys on a ledger. The only exception is Polkadot and Kusama which I hold on Kraken to get the 12% staking benefits and once Acala and Karura drop, all my DOT and KSM will be going to crowdloan those projects.

Hackers are getting very smart and evolving fast in this space. There are some horror stories out there with people losing money on every exchange including coinbase. I don’t have any exchange or wallet apps on my phone and use a proton mail account for everything. Blockfolio is a good app for tracking crypto holdings on your phone and it’s not connected to any exchanges.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i got on coin base and only have a little in there but made 31.00 just watching videos .wish i would have kept my bitcoin when it was at 8000.00

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve been buying a lot of ammo every chance I can for a long time. It’s also worth about 8x what it used to be. :;:thumbsup

I feel like it will be more valuable than paper or crypto currency one day. :;:huh

Last edited:

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of this is spawned by the Fed destroying the US dollar over the past 50 years. Unlimited printing, money tied to nothing is destroying the middle class, ever widening the income gap, fueling inflation. Cryptos are playing into this, The US dollar will fail at some point, maybe not in our lifetimes but it will with what is being done.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got in on Coinbase in Feb. Put most of my return in Bitcoin and Litcoin. It's up 40%!

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All of this is spawned by the Fed destroying the US dollar over the past 50 years. Unlimited printing, money tied to nothing is destroying the middle class, ever widening the income gap, fueling inflation. Cryptos are playing into this, The US dollar will fail at some point, maybe not in our lifetimes but it will with what is being done.

Soon there will be a digital FEDERAL crypto. My guess is in less than 1 year. Perhaps that says the dollar is gone then too . . .

Note the Chinese already have their version.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
The govt can't just snap their finger and make crypto go away. They dont control it, and thats why they hate it. They hate competition.

Even if they put restrictions in place. The masses will continue to utilize it. They would literally have to shut down the internet to make it go away.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't believe the Bitcoin evolution was anything more than hype, so I stayed with the stock market. Now, I've done very well there but nothing like the rise & expansion of Bitcoin ($60k). I'm late to that show but I did put some money into Etherium and have made 25% ROI. I'll likely continue to buy the dips and wait it out.

Don't understand what the hell wjschmaltz is stating above as it's all a foreign language he's typing. Explain more in layman's terms. Come on, man!! lol

As I said, I cannot complain about profiting $7,300 since the beginning of the calendar year in the stock market. I've offered many of the companies and ticker symbols to the ND Angler group for investing. All of the symbols I provide are doing 14%-20% in sixty to ninety days. Who can go wrong with that?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It is reassuring that it will be Impossible to create more imaginary coins...:confused:
I’m with a few others above...this is way over my head and sounds like something out of a video game.

Are you guys POSITIVE there are no more imaginary coins hidden in one of the secret levels?

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s a beautiful thing! If you bought XRP back in January when I was screaming it, you are ~8x today. +22% on BTC if you bought the 0.618 zone I shouted out 3 weeks ago!

I buy crypto on Coinbase, Kraken, Binanace US, and small cap coins on uniswap. Nothing stays in exchanges. I move it all to my Exodus wallet and hold my private keys on a ledger. The only exception is Polkadot and Kusama which I hold on Kraken to get the 12% staking benefits and once Acala and Karura drop, all my DOT and KSM will be going to crowdloan those projects.

Hackers are getting very smart and evolving fast in this space. There are some horror stories out there with people losing money on every exchange including coinbase. I don’t have any exchange or wallet apps on my phone and use a proton mail account for everything. Blockfolio is a good app for tracking crypto holdings on your phone and it’s not connected to any exchanges.

Sounds like a really fancy pirate hiding his booty. You wouldn't happen to be using a series of French box drains to protect those coins as well(Curse of Oak Island joke)?

Last edited:

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you buy crypto on an exchange you have a public key to send/receive crypto sorta like a bank account #. The exchange holds the private keys on the blockchain where your actual crypto is located. You’re at the mercy of the exchange for anything that you do and it could (although unlikely) get hacked and the location of your coins could be stolen and you’re shit outta luck. Also, if shit starts heading south and coinbase crashes, you can’t do a thing about it. If you’ve ever tried to get on coinbase when big moves are happening, it’s almost always “down for maintenance.” So if you send your crypto to a wallet like Exodus you can access your private keys and store them. Now you own your crypto. So if things start moving and you want to swap out, no problem. And since I’m the only person with the location of my crypto, it can’t be stolen. So that’s the extremely simplified version of where to hold crypto. Almost all hacks start with your email. So I only use a secure email for all financial stuff (ProtonMail). And two factor authentication with my phone.

As far as if crypto will be around in 5, 10, 50 years; I don’t know. If you really dig into transaction coins, smart contract coins, DEFI, etc., I don’t see crypto going anywhere. If not that’s fine too. I have an exit strategy, hold all my keys, and I’m at the point now that even at my exit points I WAY outdid any other place I would’ve invested. It’s almost certain that a BTC ETF will be approved in the next year. That moves all the crusty old guy big Walstreet money in and it’s game over then. Gold did 6x shortly after the first ETF was listed and BTC will do at least that well (as well as an Ethereum ETF to soon follow). Everyone on here will have crypto in their retirement portfolio at that point, so I say why not beat everyone to the punch.

Last edited:

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is reassuring that it will be Impossible to create more imaginary coins...:confused:
I’m with a few others above...this is way over my head and sounds like something out of a video game.

Are you guys POSITIVE there are no more imaginary coins hidden in one of the secret levels?

Any unlimited, unchecked digital creation of dollars by the federal reserve is different how? Money supply increases exponentially, diminishes the value of dollars, assets go up as inflation kicks in. You can directly trace this back to 1972 when Nixon cut the final cord of the gold standard. That is exactly when things started to get out of whack in this country.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any unlimited, unchecked digital creation of dollars by the federal reserve is different how? Money supply increases exponentially, diminishes the value of dollars, assets go up as inflation kicks in. You can directly trace this back to 1972 when Nixon cut the final cord of the gold standard. That is exactly when things started to get out of whack in this country.

I actually agree with everything you said there 100%. It’s a downward spiral. I’m just having fun with the crypto currency language and terms and stuff...sounds like a video game to me. I don’t know enough about it to trash the idea of it. I can tell a few guys are very well-versed in it and I hope they hit the jackpot with it to tell you the truth.

I personally find myself thinking the paper dollar, the crypto currency, the 401k, shiny rocks like gold and silver, the savings account, anything that isn’t a palpable, usable substance (like drinking water, food, ammunition, fuel)...isn’t gonna be worth a pile of beans before too long. I’m just speculating though like everyone else. I could be dead wrong, dead right, or somewhere in between.

Last edited:

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exit strategy. Thats the million dollar question everyones trying to figure out. Including myself. Let it ride or get out and be content? All comes down to personal appetite for risk. Just dont be the last one holding the bag. I do believe digital assets will be a thing in the future. Whether its btc, i dont know. Im just trying to make a little money along the way.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Exit strategy. Thats the million dollar question everyones trying to figure out. Including myself. Let it ride or get out and be content? All comes down to personal appetite for risk. Just dont be the last one holding the bag. I do believe digital assets will be a thing in the future. Whether its btc, i dont know. Im just trying to make a little money along the way.

Whenever your initial $1000 investment turns into $200k just buy two Tesla cyber trucks, keep one and trade the other for a sparkly New Ranger boat! Oh and save some money to pay your IRS tax bill.........

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as if crypto will be around in 5, 10, 50 years; I don’t know. If you really dig into transaction coins, smart contract coins, DEFI, etc., I don’t see crypto going anywhere. If not that’s fine too. I have an exit strategy, hold all my keys, and I’m at the point now that even at my exit points I WAY outdid any other place I would’ve invested. It’s almost certain that a BTC ETF will be approved in the next year. That moves all the crusty old guy big Walstreet money in and it’s game over then. Gold did 6x shortly after the first ETF was listed and BTC will do at least that well (as well as an Ethereum ETF to soon follow). Everyone on here will have crypto in their retirement portfolio at that point, so I say why not beat everyone to the punch.

If you were offed tomorrow, who would know where the stash is and now to get it back into the family of offspring? Would all of your toils be washed away in a minute or is it written down somewhere so the instructions can help the wife/kids get access to it??

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep all my username and passwords (for everything) for the wife in the safe, crypto to the moon right meow. Investing in doge in 2019 is sure paying off the last few months. Crazy how much a guy could get for peanuts then.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88