beer and horns

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Son found fresh shed by plot the other day. Class 60 five point and had fresh blood on base. Really earlier.

Every Tuesday the wife and i go to the local bar for a few. Walked in and bar owner said he had no old mill but if i wait 15 minutes he will have some. They did find a case in a neighboring town. Seems old mill is hard to get due to getting metal to make cans. Said it was not the only beer that the truck could not bring.
Problem was as wife walked in with the case a guy comes in and wanted the case. Said he had been looking for some time for old mill. But I was able to get my share out of that case before he left.

Went home to check on stock and maybe the stock on hand will last one more month. I can get along with out tp but not beer. Been drinking since 66 and not sure if i need to go shopping for the future.

Anybody else have this problem? Called Harries in Grand Forks and they said old mill is hard to get but he did have a couple of cases. Does not look good. db

Attachments

20201215_124722[1].jpg 20201216_190734[1].jpg

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice deer , crap beer

- - - Updated - - -

And this is early to be loosing horns especially on a stress free beautiful fall . 3-4 years ago when it was cold and deep snow in December we shot a few archery bucks over Xmas and both deer had horns come off when loading into the pickup

agriffith

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember being 15 years old & glad to get a case of Old Mil.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
seems like always when i am drinking a old mill someone comes to say "they still make old mill, use to drink than when i was a teenager", Well i did to and still do.
Cold day in hell when i will drink any of that light stuff that the lightweights seem to think is beer. db

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worst beer I ever had was...., still, perdy damn good!:;:exactly

As for antler drop. You never know.
I found a still bloody one on top of fresh snow in late Nov once.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
when i was really young it was buckhorn at $4/case. Made with sandpaper. db

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i was really young it was buckhorn at $4/case. Made with sandpaper. db

The first beer I remember my dad drinking was North Star in tin cans without a pop top , He carried his "church key" next to his heart in his striped bib overalls top pockets right next to his dukes tobacco pouch. Then he switched to old mill with throw away pop tops and Old mill was the first beer I bought. 1.65 a six pack if I remember right then the bootlegger fees on top of that. I chuckle when I see patch jobs in the old wooden granaries where they used tin from beer cans and sometimes old license plates. Old man cut north star cans into narrow strips and made electrical wire holders out of them too when he put electricity into a few of the outbuildings. Two birds with one stone

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is a shortage of old Milwaukie (real beer) and deer can shed at anytime look for blood

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the flying fuck is this thread about!?

I'm just rambling on about beer... Having my first beers in a year and a half tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

db Do you remember Uncle Bens up in the bush on the east side ? Old Mill only . That was a popular spot on sundays when the bars were closed.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems like always when i am drinking a old mill someone comes to say "they still make old mill, use to drink than when i was a teenager", Well i did to and still do.
Cold day in hell when i will drink any of that light stuff that the lightweights seem to think is beer. db

My dad drank nothing but Old Mil, except on holidays he picked up a case of Budwieser. I still find cans me and my buddies tossed over the wall everythime I go visit my mom.

I'm tempted to go pick up a case just it incase I make it up your way DB. Would be a interesting evening.

- - - Updated - - -

Shitty beer and premature ejaculation.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I now know just as many guys that drink White Claws as I do PBR.

WTF? On both counts.

Sounds like your spending to much time at Borrowed Bucks these days.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Started out with a church key at first and then to pull tabs. However a screwdriver would do the job. Have a pull tab chain about 80 feet long from the winter of 66 to 67 hanging in my man cave to this date from schlitz beer (when your out of schlitz your out of beer). By the end of winter quarter my 3 roommates were asked to leave school and i was given one more quarter to get my stuff together. Ah them memories, but i was still able to keep my virginity (the ladies could out drink me or something like that ) during that time, stay out of SE Asia and a pull tab chain.

Question i had was does anyone else have troubles getting the beer of their choice due to a lack of metal to make cans? I can not spell aiuminium so just use the word metal. Or is it an old mill (it just doesn't get any better than this) thing. db

- - - Updated - - -

Ericb;
As it now stands a case would be welcome, db

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To date the best beer I've ever drank was after a long hard hot day stacking square bales. Yep, you guessed it....Old Mill. I was 15 or 16 at the time.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha old mill is light as water. Try some Russian imperial stouts if you want a beer with some ass behind it. Don’t need a case as a 6 pack will do you just fine.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only reason people drink Old Mill is because they know no one will mooch off them:;:stirthepot:;:exactly;:;boozer;:;boozer

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88