Bis to lose boat ramp

BrockW

Yep trips absolutely right that scientific research is needed to make a conclusive study on the prions. The NDA community is in all actuality sick of this subject coming up over and over again, because for one reason and that is science can not tell us with irrefutable evidence how the prions are transferred from one deer to another. So most have came to the conclusion that's its one of those feel good PR stories for tbe misinformed who have nothing better to do then to talk about the endless stories of herds that are infected all over the country. Brock I encourage you to use out search option in the upper right hand corner because you will find many multiple paged threads on this very subject. And the overwhelming majority agree that scientific research is not a big enough priority in the natural wildlife management budgets.
Not true. Multiple studies showing infectivity from saliva, environment, horizontal, etc. I’ve talked to the researchers who have conducted some of those studies.

BrockW

Yea I’m not buying what you are selling. Firstly we all know well by now that most of not all government studies have an end in mind and for the data to be skewed or even “fudged” I’d definitely need to know who the author of the Study and what their ties are to any other organizations. Also their methodology. Saying “survival” isn’t causation for cwd mortality. Pretty easy in biology studies to make charts and graphs tell a certain story. ESP when the study is funded by a motive. Hard pass. My gut told me Covid was all bullshit from the start and CWD has the same feel. You sound like you may be too deep into it by now to step out and look at the bigger picture.
They can put a gps collar on a deer and it tests negative, then capture it some time later and it tests positive, then get a mortality signal a few months later and it lost 40% of its body mass and its laying there dead with no other signs of mortality. They can repeat this and show this with deer after deer after deer after deer, over hundreds of collared animals…

That’s pretty conclusive if you ask me. I would think if anyone needs to look at the bigger picture, it’s you. But again, suit yourself.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not true. Multiple studies showing infectivity from saliva, environment, horizontal, etc. I’ve talked to the researchers who have conducted some of those studies.
Oh perhaps you want to show me these studies, like I said Brock we have discussed this subject extensively on nda. But by all means please show me this study

BrockW

Oh perhaps you want to show me these studies, like I said Brock we have discussed this subject extensively on nda. But by all means please show me this study
Didn’t the Chronic wasting Dis ease Facebook page share them with you folks?

What have you guys been talking about on here if no one has shared any actual scientific work? Just making up stuff as you go a long?

Start here and have fun!
https://scholar.google.com/

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
And that brings me to my next point and the point of this entire thread. “If” and it’s a giant highly doubtful “if” cwd is a real threat,l the point is we don’t want our tax dollars funding this shit! The same way we don’t want our tax dollars funding this waste of money walking liability to the city while losing a longtime boat ramp. This is what happens…..politicians will drag you off into the weeds with studies and charts and all this circus trick bullshit when the general consensus is we don’t want our money spent this way period. If it were a good idea a private entity would put up the money for it before the public sector could sniff it. It’s not a good idea. It’s a waste of tax payer money, it was done in a semi- hidden way and it’ll funnel taxpayers money into someone’s pockets. That’s the bottom line here. Politicians need to be checked… and checked hard. It’s getting out of hand at some of the backhanded things being done at the expense of the people.

BrockW

And that brings me to my next point and the point of this entire thread. “If” and it’s a giant highly doubtful “if” cwd is a real threat,l the point is we don’t want our tax dollars funding this shit! The same way we don’t want our tax dollars funding this waste of money walking liability to the city while losing a longtime boat ramp. This is what happens…..politicians will drag you off into the weeds with studies and charts and all this circus trick bullshit when the general consensus is we don’t want our money spent this way period. If it were a good idea a private entity would put up the money for it before the public sector could sniff it. It’s not a good idea. It’s a ware of tax payer money, it was done in a semi- hidden way and it’ll funnel taxpayers money into someone’s pockets. That’s the bottom line here.
Id much rather they spend my tax money on CWD research than sending billions of dollars to the Middle East for god knows what.

I absolutely, unequivocally, without hesitation, 100% support private and public research into wildlife diseases and I am happy to give a a couple bucks of my tax money to fund it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn’t the Chronic wasting Dis ease Facebook page share them with you folks?

What have you guys been talking about on here if no one has shared any actual scientific work? Just making up stuff as you go a long?

Start here and have fun!
https://scholar.google.com/
Oh boy, I asked for your evidence or information since I've have already stated that it's junk Science because the experiment was done with unrealistic specimen to get the desired results.

BrockW

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me guess, not a single scientific study mentioned or discussed? Just a bunch of bar room talk about conspiracy theories and baiting?
Nope I will maintain composer since you are new here again I encourage you to look for your self.

BrockW

Nope I will maintain composer since you are new here again I encourage you to look for your self.
I’m looking, and that’s exactly what it looks like. Zero discussion about actual scientific research, just opinions. Not surprising. You talk about there being uneducated voters and you can’t even use the old google machine to look at actual research to inform a relevant discussion you’re having about the public’s wildlife. Ridiculousness. You can do better.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m looking, and that’s exactly what it looks like. Zero discussion about actual scientific research, just opinions. Not surprising. You talk about there being uneducated voters and you can’t even use the old google machine to look at actual research to inform a relevant discussion you’re having about the public’s wildlife. Ridiculousness. You can do better.
https://www.wkms.org/government-pol...ogist-agency-manipulated-data-on-deer-disease
This is the only link I'm going to post here because I think you are fishing and I'm not going to bite.
Again thank you Brock for bringing some incite on the Bismarck shit show, hopefully you will do the right thing if need be. You seemed to have your heart in the right place and I respect that. But don't assume that we haven't done our own homework on subjects like cwd.

BrockW

Let’s make the Bismarck Boat ramps expanded and improved folks!

I’ll need you all to show your support via public comment and testimony at the legislature for these projects when the time comes. I’ll keep you posted! Thanks to all!

🤙

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Let’s make the Bismarck Boat ramps expanded and improved folks!

I’ll need you all to show your support via public comment and testimony at the legislature for these projects when the time comes. I’ll keep you posted! Thanks to all!

🤙
Use your own DAM money! How much have you contributed of your own actual cash..not time…CASH

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me guess, not a single scientific study mentioned or discussed? Just a bunch of bar room talk about conspiracy theories and baiting?
Hey man…. I’m 23-0 on conspiracy theories the last 5-7 years…..that being said I can agree I’d rather have money spent in the country. How it’s spent we can just agree to disagree. My issue is less with the research and studies as it is with the beaucratic overreach and regulation based of science with holes all over the place. Now we are even treading on private property rights. The problem lies with where they want this research to end up. There’s already a foregobe conclusion. Now to make the science dictate the outcome. That’s the problem. I trust zero out of any federal agencies and after the last 2 years of bs across local governments I question anything anymore. Where’s the line? Where does the government stop? They will continue to create a crisis to insert authority and continue to erode our rights and privileges. All at the expense of John Q taxpayer. CWD is no different.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not true. Multiple studies showing infectivity from saliva, environment, horizontal, etc. I’ve talked to the researchers who have conducted some of those studies
I’ve been practicing the scientific method for 35 yrs - the baiting ban is absolute HOGWASH

It wildly exaggerates the minuscule additional transfer risk due to baiting.

Deer “swap spit” every day all year long. CWD is simply going to have to genetically sort itself out. The deer that are resistant will eventually win out. And it will work itself out … if NDGF doesn’t go forth with retardedly culling the infected herds should the CWD prevalence hit their randomly chosen trigger threshold. Let the infections happen. The sooner it runs its course the better.

Your comment in that recording about “putting your big boy pants on and doing what’s right” (stop baiting) is malarkey IMO. That statement reminded me a great deal of the non-scientific thought process of the fear-motivated lemmings during COVID. 90% of what people did to themselves or their neighbors and families either accomplished NOTHING - or even caused great harm. Why? Because people chose to blindly listen to the authorities, who stood to gain from the policies they put forth or chose to go along (just following orders).

And they often admonished those who didn’t buy into it. Sound familiar?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can prove cwd will kill all deer and it will go to humans eventually. Who wants to pay me?
IMG_0425.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 240
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 90