Boat access at Mels

Raven24

Does anyone know if you can get a boat in at the old Mels resort, north of Dunn Center.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From what I found...water level is at 1841' feet as of today, so should be good to go! According to the NDGF site, the bottom of the ramp is at 1826' feet and top at 1852'. But don't let that fool ya....This year when I was up there it was 1843', which is good. But for me the mark of 1835' for me is where the bay would be shallow and a lot of mud going through your lower unit.

I would go up and put in at the 4 Bears ramp....fishing still good up that way.

Raven24

From what I found...water level is at 1841' feet as of today, so should be good to go! According to the NDGF site, the bottom of the ramp is at 1826' feet and top at 1852'. But don't let that fool ya....This year when I was up there it was 1843', which is good. But for me the mark of 1835' for me is where the bay would be shallow and a lot of mud going through your lower unit.

I would go up and put in at the 4 Bears ramp....fishing still good up that way.

I heard it might be frozen over.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I heard it might be frozen over.

Where? Mel's. I would find that hard to believe with all this nice weather. Next week could be a different story. Sounds like some good ice making weather as we get back to a more normal pattern temp wise. Sure has been good so far! I do like to ice fish and have my stuff pretty much ready to go. Just hope for no big deep freeze to make the ice 3 feet thick. I want 2 feet max this year so it comes off quicker in March or April. :) We'll whatever you decide if you go boating this weekend....good luck and stay safe out there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 229
  • This month: 199
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 66