Boating Access of the Future?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
While yes they are nice, they were nice when the Corps had them too, and they were free.
Well the boat ramps were free, not the camping. Oh, and Revhiem and all the other noncamping areas were free too, AND STILL SHOULD BE!!

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My problem is they've been built and are kept up with tax dollars already why the need to double or in some cases triple dip from the public? JFC we are taxed to death and now we need to pay to use the shit we've been taxed for too?? It's gotten out of hand!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My problem is they've been built and are kept up with tax dollars already why the need to double or in some cases triple dip from the public? JFC we are taxed to death and now we need to pay to use the shit we've been taxed for too?? It's gotten out of hand!
Not in South Dakota it’s from game and fish budget. Which is funded with park passes

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
You pay for what you use. Big surprise. Isn't that our motto here. Tax $ pays to build em. It certainly wont also fund them completely. Neither will user fees. They are just a supplement. Why does that rule not apply to boat ramps and cleaning stations?

NodakBob

Honored Member
My bro in California fishes at a place with only access being a private boat ramp. $30 to launch, and the owner puts in/out your boat with his tractor. A marina slip in the Bay Area runs $3-5,000 a month! And they run some big boats there.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My bro in California fishes at a place with only access being a private boat ramp. $30 to launch, and the owner puts in/out your boat with his tractor. A marina slip in the Bay Area runs $3-5,000 a month! And they run some big boats there.
Just another reason to stay the hell out of the land of fruits and "nuts".

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
You pay for what you use. Big surprise. Isn't that our motto here. Tax $ pays to build em. It certainly wont also fund them completely. Neither will user fees. They are just a supplement. Why does that rule not apply to boat ramps and cleaning stations?
Oh, you mean like the parents that use the schools vs those of us that don't have kids but still pay the same for the schools as the parents that use them.

Average_NDA_Member

@Average_NDA_Member we need a ruling all these staunch conservatives are wanting free shit.
Hmmm well tell ya what you fellas couldn’t sound more like a bunch a libs I want free this I want free that then you want to give more money to the lib army corps to put a boat in the water well let me just go head n straighten you fellas out 1st boat ramps should be private cuz public land is for queers n 2nd if you dont like the ramps pay up or go build yer own what’s stopping ya 3st if were gonna have a public ramp it should be free in good shape and clean with no traffic n also shouldnt come outta my taxes taxes = theft

maybe what we need to do is get some sort of group a fellas together where we let em take a couple cents out of some of the beer n bait we buy n that money goes into a pot that can be used to build n take care of the ramps n such maybe just a thought

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is nothing free in this world, it might be free to you but somebody else paid for it. that what is wrong with this country,

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never would have I thought about people bitching about public boat ramps being free. All these catchphrases are the hill they're gonna die on. Nothing is free bla bla bla. Holy FK! WE PAID FOR THESE RAMPS!!! and by WE I mean ALL TAXPAYERS for the beginning of this nation.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never would have I thought about people bitching about public boat ramps being free. All these catchphrases are the hill they're gonna die on. Nothing is free bla bla bla. Holy FK! WE PAID FOR THESE RAMPS!!! and by WE I mean ALL TAXPAYERS for the beginning of this nation.
If thats the case everyone should get a free reservation hunting license as our taxes have paid for the reservation.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If thats the case everyone should get a free reservation hunting license as our taxes have paid for the reservation.
Not exactly, we paid to put the natives there now it's there's to do as they wish. I'd be all for just taking it all back and getting rid of this sovereign nation BS though.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not exactly, we paid to put the natives there now it's there's to do as they wish. I'd be all for just taking it all back and getting rid of this sovereign nation BS though.
Are my tax dollars not funding all the road projects and social programs just the same as my taxes built the boat ramps? I am being very factitious if people have to bitch about a 25 dollar pass to get in state parks fishing in general might be to expensive.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are my tax dollars not funding all the road projects and social programs just the same as my taxes built the boat ramps? I am being very factitious if people have to bitch about a 25 dollar pass to get in state parks fishing in general might be to expensive.
Yes but what's that have to do with your comment about the reservations? Of course everything's expensive, what's that have to do with paying to use public property I've already paid for??

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How would folks feel about needing a pass for the McClean Bottoms or Matching Mandan range (can’t recall the name), or Wilton range?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ever since the State took over from the CORPS we've had to pay to access areas that are now "State Parks" Some/most of these parks have no areas to camp, just a few easy access to the river, picnic shelters, and maybe a ramp. Even the Coprs used charged to reserve the picnic shelters. An old classmate of my brother has a birthday on the 3rd of July. EVERY year since he was 18 he had a kegger on the same pad on the 3rd. That just ended when the state took over and people didn't want to pay the $5 daily fee (now it's more) He tried having it there a few years but it just didn't work

It sucks when you have to pay to just go to the river and sit by the shore and fish and swim with friends and family. I have a pass, but some people don't. Young HS or college kids want to go to the river, but now have to pay to access the same beaches we all grew up going to for free. It isn't just the nice new fish cleaning station and boat launches. My older sister is on a very tight budget and $25 is a lot to her. I just tell her to drive on past and not pay when she visits my camping pad in the summer. I'm not sure why the State can't treat a lot of these areas like they treat Orman Dam by Bellfousch. We used to be able to access Blue Blanket and camp for free.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes but what's that have to do with your comment about the reservations? Of course everything's expensive, what's that have to do with paying to use public property I've already paid for??
You can still use the land just not the concrete the boat dock and fish cleaning station that is on the land that cost more to build and to maintain.

Can one of the internet sleuths on here post how much you have paid in taxes to buy the land the boat ramp is on and how much you paid for the building of the boat ramp and how much you pay in maintenance of the ramps. Maybe if some one can prove it I might change my mind but as it stands the 25 dollar park pass we pay is more than worth the roe we get on our state parks in SD

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84