Boating Access of the Future?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can still use the land just not the concrete the boat dock and fish cleaning station that is on the land that cost more to build and to maintain.

Can one of the internet sleuths on here post how much you have paid in taxes to buy the land the boat ramp is on and how much you paid for the building of the boat ramp and how much you pay in maintenance of the ramps. Maybe if some one can prove it I might change my mind but as it stands the 25 dollar park pass we pay is more than worth the roe we get on our state parks in SD
Lol guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The ramps, docks and cleaning stations are paid for with tax dollars or hunting/fishing/boat/camper license fees. Seriously where does all that money go if not for supporting these infrastructures? I guess you just like being bent over

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The ramps, docks and cleaning stations are paid for with tax dollars or hunting/fishing/boat/camper license fees. Seriously where does all that money go if not for supporting these infrastructures? I guess you just like being bent over
I though the bitcht was having to pay for the the park fees but now its ok. Its hard to keep straight. So are the park passes which do fund the state parks ok or not ok. Here is how our parks are funded and where the funding comes from.

Category

Amount

Parks Maintenance and Operations $27,399,011
Waterbased Recreation Projects $2,204,000
Preventative Maintenance Projects $8,053,820
New Development Projects $1,642,000
Snowmobile Trails Program $1,386,351
Total Budget $40,301,109

Funding Sources

Amount

Snowmobile Trails, Licenses, Taxes and Fees $773,415
Park Entrance Licenses and Camping Fees $17,524,000
Dedicated Taxes and Licenses $6,995,000
Miscellaneous Revenue $3,450,000
State General Funds $5,455,796
Federal Funds $6,102,898
Total Funding Sources $40,301,109

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might as well tack some more fees on while we are at it..........so they can spend more
Im still not getting where the extra fees are if you dont want to use it dont go to the parks. No one is forcing any one to use them its a choice that is made.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im still not getting where the extra fees are if you dont want to use it dont go to the parks. No one is forcing any one to use them its a choice that is made.
I wasn't talking about parks, we were discussing boat ramps and boating access fees. The conversation got derailed by you SD boys. ;)

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
The State is in serious financial trouble! They only have about $9,000,000,000. (Nine Billion dollars in the Legacy fund) with 54 million a month being deposited. Along with a budget surplus reported on October 30, 2023 of around 750 million dollars. This is above and beyond the budget. Now I can see why they really need to start charging access fees . They need this money to credit home owners a huge $500. credit on next year's taxes. A mere pittance! I'm being sarcastic of course. It seems our State is about as corrupt as the Federal government already. These sleezy politicians are in everything for themselves and their families and their buddies, It's like George Carlin used to say " It's a big focking club and you ain't in it"

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
1710460552992.png
This is in North Dakota!

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They just need to classify some of these areas differently. Like Revhiem, it shouldn't be a "State Park" where you need to pay. And Blue Blanket, open that area up like Orman Dam, where a guy can light a fire and fish all night with no park pass required. And let us pull a camper out there. I'm OK with them charging to get into the actual campgrounds and boat ramps. But these other parks are very low-maintenance

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84