Boating Access of the Future?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
With lack of land access squeezing hunting, people will likely migrate to boating/fishing to recreate outdoors.

I recently saw somebody mention that it will probably get to the point in the future where lake access will be like state park camping access... you have to reserve a ramp time (based on $$$/availability).

Just thought I'd share that horrifying thought with all of you. Have a great day. 🥴

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
What Jiffy said. I never really fished and loved hunting. Now it is the opposite. I no longer spend countless time in the field deer hunting and try to be done as soon a possible. Same with pheasant hunting, I have gone once or twice in the last 5 years. Now most of my time in the outdoors is spent in the boat or on the ice. I find fishing to be more relaxing and less work. I don't think ND will ever get to the point where you have to reserve ramp time.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If ND ever tries that I doubt it would ever affect my ramps. I'd be the guy that just goes and puts his boat in and says FU to that system. I'd hope every other ND resident would be the same, but there are a lot of bootlickers that think rules are from God.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, and I also used to love hunting more than fishing. Maybe it's an age thing but it's just much less stressful not to worry about where you go to hunt vs fish.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
With lack of land access squeezing hunting, people will likely migrate to boating/fishing to recreate outdoors.

I recently saw somebody mention that it will probably get to the point in the future where lake access will be like state park camping access... you have to reserve a ramp time (based on $$$/availability).

Just thought I'd share that horrifying thought with all of you. Have a great day. 🥴
Your probably exactly right. Don't know about ramp times, but parking lot gates aren't out of the question.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think its more a aging thing than anything, and we are old coots on here. If you want to hunt there still places to go. The sky isnt falling. Yeah, it might not be the golden age of the 90's anymore though

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trouble with fishing these small lakes and dams, they are so polluted with farm chemicals your not going to be able to eat the fish that's in them, as far as hunting goes just shoot and holler shit

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think i have fished 3 times the last 3 years not counting the ice fishing tourney and if it wast for my partner i would just go for the drawing . Sold the boat best day ever and i would say i hunt more now than ever. Start in august early honkers and if i have to i would chase them south but weather has been nice and they stuck around. My brother has made connections through racing we can hunt thousands of acres from here to north Texas and not pay a dime. Shot one deer in the last few years. Will be chasing snow geese till they leave and then summer is full training dogs. Completely ate up with dogs and chasing birds.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rather than reserving ramp times, we should have a drawing for NR fishing license limited to 5K/yr like SD does w/waterfowl. 'Sconi's need double the pref-points as everyone else and are required to pay to have special 'Sconi rule violation experts aboard their boat from start to finish of their trip.

Sconi'-specific 2-fish possession limit, 14"-17". Fish over 20" may not even be netted or removed from the water, not even for photos. 'Sconi's are prohibited from fishing deeper than 15'.

Any violation observed by the rules expert and the trip is over for everyone in the boat with a 10yr fishing and hunting ban for all involved.

Rules experts are allowed to keep 75% of any fines that need to be levied.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rather than reserving ramp times, we should have a drawing for NR fishing license limited to 5K/yr like SD does w/waterfowl. 'Sconi's need double the pref-points as everyone else and are required to pay to have special 'Sconi rule violation experts aboard their boat from start to finish of their trip.

Sconi'-specific 2-fish possession limit, 14"-17". Fish over 20" may not even be netted or removed from the water, not even for photos. 'Sconi's are prohibited from fishing deeper than 15'.

Any violation observed by the rules expert and the trip is over for everyone in the boat with a 10yr fishing and hunting ban for all involved.

Put this man in office!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Only 3900 state wide license are given and only for 10 days. The others are 3 day periods on private land. Seems you were to easy on the green plague of sconni land

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I still hunt pheasants a lot , deer not so much that is really a hassle. But fish 3 times more than I hunt

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am hunting and fishing way more more now than I have in the last 40 years , work got in the way and family time was more important. Now we are retired empty nesters and kids are half way across the state so I pester and tease my wife enough so she is happy to see me go fishing every day. once you get to retirement age it's time for that second childhood and do what you enjoy doing Life is good

We must be doing something wrong , sconies drive past 10,000 lakes and thousands of miles of rivers to get here. I could never understand why, other than buddy bragging rights or somthing. Things may have changed but there was better fishing in MN than ND when I was a kid. It can't be that the MN rules and regulations are a deal breaker, from what Iv'e seen, most of them don't pay attention to laws anyway.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think its more a aging thing than anything, and we are old coots on here. If you want to hunt there still places to go. The sky isnt falling. Yeah, it might not be the golden age of the 90's anymore though
Aging, possible. I wouldn't reserve the feeling to just old coots though! I'm 39 and have had the same sentiment for the last four years. I eat deer/pheasant meet 10x more than I eat fish, but I love to fish 10x more than I do hunt. I've moved around a fair amount and I don't have networks built for land access through years of experience. There's no signs or electronic posting stopping me from fishing wherever I want, whenever I want. Hopefully it stays that way.

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
8hek29.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am hunting and fishing way more more now than I have in the last 40 years , work got in the way and family time was more important. Now we are retired empty nesters and kids are half way across the state so I pester and tease my wife enough so she is happy to see me go fishing every day. once you get to retirement age it's time for that second childhood and do what you enjoy doing Life is good

We must be doing something wrong , sconies drive past 10,000 lakes and thousands of miles of rivers to get here. I could never understand why, other than buddy bragging rights or somthing. Things may have changed but there was better fishing in MN than ND when I was a kid. It can't be that the MN rules and regulations are a deal breaker, from what Iv'e seen, most of them don't pay attention to laws anyway.

Heck, I haven't even tried to read the MN fishing regulations in many years. Their fishing proclamation is worse than an encyclopedia.

And I've probably fished less than 6 times total in MN, even though I spent 9 years in Grand Forks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84