Boat dock status South Bismarc

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or Fort Rice? I know PKC isn't in yet.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove past Hazelton on Sunday. The parking lot was full so I am assuming the dock is in.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Courtesy dock not in at rifle range as of today.
They need to move that whole setup north 200 yards where that slower water channel is. Right now it’s ripping right in the main channel on a hard outside bend and the wing wall for protection of the current is pretty lame at best. Pretty easy to have the ass end of your boat pulled off the trailer trying to unload/load.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah rifle is tricky with the current and no dock. Not sure why the dock isn't in, if that's in it usually helps break the current a bit.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they would just slide a courtesy dock in the water just south of the ramp in that little back water, below the rocks where you could pick/drop off passengers or tie up and if loading solo.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they would just slide a courtesy dock in the water just south of the ramp in that little back water, below the rocks where you could pick/drop off passengers or tie up and if loading solo.
Seems like that would be a decent area to relocate the ramp too. Hopefully they can keep that one in commission, especially if we lose Meriwether's - that would be a bad deal to lose 2 on the Bismarck side.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds like there's been some theft down there.

From Peluso's FB page: "It's been brought to my attention that there has been some theft activity at the boat landings this spring. Hazelton, Cattail, and Langliers have all been hit. Spare trailer tires have been removed from people's trailers unfortunately. Please be on the lookout."

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

I love courtesy docks! IMO don't even put a dock on the ramp, it just takes up space. IF possible, put a courtesy ramp out of the way of the ramp and closer to the parking where feasible

NodakBob

Honored Member

From Peluso's FB page: "It's been brought to my attention that there has been some theft activity at the boat landings this spring. Hazelton, Cattail, and Langliers have all been hit. Spare trailer tires have been removed from people's trailers unfortunately. Please be on the lookout."
Sounds like someone needs a keelhauling

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

From Peluso's FB page: "It's been brought to my attention that there has been some theft activity at the boat landings this spring. Hazelton, Cattail, and Langliers have all been hit. Spare trailer tires have been removed from people's trailers unfortunately. Please be on the lookout.
Who the hell would drive down the gravel road to cattail..my god desperate.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love courtesy docks! IMO don't even put a dock on the ramp, it just takes up space. IF possible, put a courtesy ramp out of the way of the ramp and closer to the parking where feasible
Right, just maybe a curb down the middle so people know 2 boats can use the ramp at the same time instead of 1 boat going right down the middle :)

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like this idea. Being a guy that goes by myself I feel bad when I have to take up both sides of the ramp when I launch.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90