boat ramp dumb@$$es

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
20150525_175347_HDR.jpg

;:;rant

This was my view at the narrows boat ramp at metagoshi on memorial day from 545pm until 558pm

This guy loads his boat and drives 10 feet out of the water and proceeds to tie down his boat put transom saver in place put cooler in pickup throw garbage into the can all while sitting there while my brother is waiting with an EMPTY trailer so I can load. Worst part was he pulled up to the dock in his boat just before I did and saw my brother jump off and get the pickup

The other side of the ramp was blocked by idiots who were playing in the park there and just sat and watched while I waited for idiot number one to his @$$ so I could load my boat

lets see your pictures of boat ramp idiots;:;banghead ;;;;;;;

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recreation boaters ... most just don't get it ...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think if you would have yelled over to him to move he probably would have.
Guys like this make my blood boil, I have been victim of this a time or two myself. Now I just politely yell *hey guys trying to get off the lake myself too, could you move off the ramp so we can get our trailer down, thanks a bunch guys.
has always worked, as these idiots don't know they are effing up the ramp

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to say something but I was hanging about 50 yards back from the dock because other were coming in to use the bathroom and get their own boats out. Thought about saying something but wanted too see if he would move on just keep dicking around like he did

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Bark!!! I'm old enough not to care about being nice. If parents aren't able to teach their kids common sense and courtesy, I'll step up and fill the bill.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep bluegills were almost jumping into the boat, also caught a crappie up there. the guy at in the picture was old enough to be my grampa

Jake G

Founding Member
Founding Member
keep calm and chive on man. Unless you were in a big hurry to be somehwere or a storm was rolling in.

sdietrich

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm on both sides of the fence in these situations. I tend to get a little more pissier when I am trying to drop in and people block the ramp then when I loading. My experiences tend to be the people who don't boat a lot and bring their boat all the way to the lake and don't know their battery is dead until they get there. That seems to happen more than anything else I've seen. Trying to get a little more patient as I get older but that is a real task.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes sdietrich I agree - people who drop it in and park the truck THEN discover the boat they haven't fired up in last two years won't start.

Really???? What are they thinking?

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can deal with people that are slow because they are solo or have their wife or kids with, if they are using common sense. What drives me nut is the person that waits in line to drop in and sits in the vehicle then when it's their turn to back in they start to remove the cover, load the coolers, water toys, rods, etc.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have shouted out. There is no reason for this except for someone being selfish and putting themselves before everybody else's needs. This is the same guy that would rush into line at Wal-mart ahead of the pregnant mother toting around two other small children.

Your brother should have jumped into his pickup and moved it for him while he was diddling around tidying up! haha

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
@ tikka243, I guess I do not really understand the "rant" I mean if this situation was bothering you at the least you could have shouted something to the individual. Most people do not realize they are stupid until you tell them…now if something would have been said and the individual continued to act in a non-intelligent manner then I could sympathize with a rant…I guess for me to just sit there and get upset and not do anything is almost as rant worthy as the individual at the ramp…

eyecatcher

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are a better man then me. I would have said something and probably not the right thing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75